Friday, February 10, 2017 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

IronNeck
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Friday, February 10, 2017 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by IronNeck »

cthulhu wrote: And for some reason, I mixed up Kool & the Gang with KC and the Sunshine Band :oops:
I had the exact same neg! And I said the wrong band so triumphantly, too. Afterwards, my girlfriend mocked me with a "Ha-ha!" similar to Nelson from The Simpsons.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

IronNeck wrote:
cthulhu wrote: And for some reason, I mixed up Kool & the Gang with KC and the Sunshine Band :oops:
I had the exact same neg! And I said the wrong band so triumphantly, too. Afterwards, my girlfriend mocked me with a "Ha-ha!" similar to Nelson from The Simpsons.
Mrs Penguin also went with KCatSB. I clammed because I thought there was a chance she was right. On a DD I'd have gone with K&tG. But I'd have worried it was KC. I think KC and the Sunshine Band is a creditable guess or brainfart. They occupy a similar musical, historical, and cultural space to Kool & the Gang.

I just noticed looking it up that KC use the word "and" in their name, but Kool use the & symbol. Won't come up on Jeopardy! in a million years, but still nugatorily interesting.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

grindcore wrote:I've always said that if I were a pro baseball player, my walk-up song would either be "The Four Horsemen" by Metallica or "Jungle Boogie". That bassline!!!
I've always said that if I were a pro baseball player, my walk-up song would be "Entry of the Gladiators" by Julius Fucik
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

AFRET CMS wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:53 pm
TenPoundHammer wrote:I said "diabeetus" on Good Causes for $400. Judges? :P
Unsure. They might accept it from Wilfred Brimley on Celebrity Jeopardy!, but from an ordinary contestant it might be a bit iffy.

jks
diabeetus.jpg
diabeetus.jpg (84.84 KiB) Viewed 1110 times