We're Back!!!

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

harrumph
Voyeur

Re: We're Back!!!

Post by harrumph »

The weekly poll should includes boxes for how many times one attempted to load the site.
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

Sun: "Well, TPTB finally took us offline! Was sure nice while it lasted... I wonder if there's litigation pending?!" :roll:

Mon: "Nah, probly just boycotting the teen TOC!" :P

Tues: "Gosh it's been gone a long time... no J-Archive either, OMG!!!" :shock: :o :cry:

Weds: "Heeeeere's Johnny!!" :lol:
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
Maven
Fate's Law Prevails

Post by Maven »

triviawayne wrote:
Maven wrote:
triviawayne wrote:Sorry about that plug...
Just kidding?

;)
Absolutely...I posted the still shot on Facebook
Well, my 'learn something new' for tonight is that JBoard has a Facebook page, which is now liked and being followed on my part. I realize it's not the most active place in the world, but I at least now know where to go should there ever be another board blackout (very hopefully not again in the near future).
"Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven
rpg
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by rpg »

Woof wrote:Brian, at the risk of sounding overly geeky, what exactly was the problem? From my end, it looked as if DNS resolution was failing (trying to resolve the name actually generated a segmentation fault in dig, something that I'd never before seen). Alas, so hadn't committed the IP addy of your server to memory to check that idea out. :cry:
If you do dig +trace you'll see that the DNS resolution was failing because it looks like Brian hosts his own DNS server, so I think the DNS resolution thing was just a symptom rather than a cause. j-archive.com still resolved but was down too.