Under Construction

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Under Construction

Post by alietr »

boson wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:24 pm
boson wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:26 am The board looks very very different in mobile. I appreciated how there were bigger buttons on the old page for my clumsy thumbs. This doesn't seem to be a mobile-specific version of the page.
I just wanted to update this that I was completely wrong - there is a mobile-specific version of the website, and does seem to have nice features. However it does use much smaller icons than the previous version of the page, and so is hard to use. Is there some setting that enables a larger font and icon size for the page?
Not that I'm aware of. What are you using it on? On the previous version of the Board, I had implemented a separate mobile version. I was looking for an updated mobile version, but didn't find any. Then I tried my phone, and the new style seems to work very well on my Android phone, so I figure that that is why there isn't a separate mobile style like there had been -- the new style accounts for mobile devices.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

alietr wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:36 pm
boson wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:24 pm
boson wrote: Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:26 am The board looks very very different in mobile. I appreciated how there were bigger buttons on the old page for my clumsy thumbs. This doesn't seem to be a mobile-specific version of the page.
I just wanted to update this that I was completely wrong - there is a mobile-specific version of the website, and does seem to have nice features. However it does use much smaller icons than the previous version of the page, and so is hard to use. Is there some setting that enables a larger font and icon size for the page?
Not that I'm aware of. What are you using it on? On the previous version of the Board, I had implemented a separate mobile version. I was looking for an updated mobile version, but didn't find any. Then I tried my phone, and the new style seems to work very well on my Android phone, so I figure that that is why there isn't a separate mobile style like there had been -- the new style accounts for mobile devices.
Same experience here, no link to mobile, pretty much the same as the regular board (ok, it's slightly different, but it's nowhere near the difference between the mobile and regular of the previous version), I even don't have that much of a problem pressing the buttons, and if I did, pinch and zoom still work.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Thanks to Volante, the polls now have the correct percentages and the bars are showing up properly. We're still working on getting the participants' votes back on there as well.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

alietr wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:01 am Thanks to Volante, the polls now have the correct percentages and the bars are showing up properly. We're still working on getting the participants' votes back on there as well.
Im wondering if the board wants that on. Many of us use the face icons to comment exactly which ones we got right in the comments, and several more don't even look at who the exact answered were, or care most of the time.

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

dhkendall wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:11 am
alietr wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:01 am Thanks to Volante, the polls now have the correct percentages and the bars are showing up properly. We're still working on getting the participants' votes back on there as well.
Im wondering if the board wants that on. Many of us use the face icons to comment exactly which ones we got right in the comments, and several more don't even look at who the exact answered were, or care most of the time.
It was discussed long ago, and people said they wanted it. I certainly liked having that feature. If there is significant opposition to it, we don't need to have it.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

There are also people who compile poll results, and I like seeing how many FJs I've gotten right in a season without having to go through and count them myself.
davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by davey »

I always find it interesting, especially when people don't otherwise post.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Another vote for showing the names.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Seems I had forgotten about that vote, and was unaware. Rather than having people add on to it, I'll definitely approve of alietr's efforts to have the names restored.

clprez
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by clprez »

I don't remember seeing this mentioned in this thread, but I am not receiving an email when I get a PM. I verified that the box is checked in the notifications section.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

clprez wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:58 pm I don't remember seeing this mentioned in this thread, but I am not receiving an email when I get a PM. I verified that the box is checked in the notifications section.
Yeah, Andy mentioned in the e-mail notifications issue in the first post. Anybody have any ideas?
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

Robert K S wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:37 pm
clprez wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:58 pm I don't remember seeing this mentioned in this thread, but I am not receiving an email when I get a PM. I verified that the box is checked in the notifications section.
Yeah, Andy mentioned in the e-mail notifications issue in the first post. Anybody have any ideas?
I got one, but it came from agefen at comcast dot net rather than andy at jboard dot tv. Maybe it's a spam filter issue?
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Robert K S wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:37 pm
Actually, that was another mod that I had added to do that. I'm going to have to dig around and see if there's an updated one, but I hadn't noticed it the last time I looked through the mods.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

While you're at it, see if there's a YouTube mod, because our inline YouTube video thing seems to be broken. Either that or it's an HTTP vs. HTTPS issue.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Robert K S wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:47 pm While you're at it, see if there's a YouTube mod, because our inline YouTube video thing seems to be broken. Either that or it's an HTTP vs. HTTPS issue.
If it's the same as before, (HTTP works, HTTPS doesn't), then no change; HTTPS didn't embed previously either.
If HTTP isn't working either, that's new.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

HTTP isn't working either.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

I seem to have to log in much more frequently than with the old site.
Sprinkles are for winners.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

The "total votes" below the poll results is still the sum of boxes checked rather than the number of voters.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

seaborgium wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:35 pm
The "total votes" below the poll results is still the sum of boxes checked rather than the number of voters.
Temp fix: reload the page
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:45 pm I seem to have to log in much more frequently than with the old site.
I've been staying logged in with no issues.

Both iOS and windows 10 with chrome if that helps
Total game show career losings = $171,522