Audition Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

ten96lt
Valued Contributor

Re: Audition Emails

Post by ten96lt »

techsidd wrote:
ten96lt wrote:Anybody get a college invite for Nashville? Looks like the adult invites went out for there (I'm swimming in that pool still until November); congrats to all that got the invites.
I received an invite email for the Nashville college audition. Unfortunately I am leaving for a study abroad program in Europe on the same day so I asked for a different audition. They were pretty quick about it and said I could choose to go to either NYC or Kansas City which are both earlier. Told them I would like to change to Kansas City but haven't received any email to confirm since then. It's been about 3 days since that conversation.

Well no college tournament invite audition for me then................ but I got a nice consolation prize. Just got an invite to attend a final audition for Wheel of Fortune in Chicago on the 25th.

ETA: Corrected audition date.
Last edited by ten96lt on Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
hillthek

Post by hillthek »

Soooo....how long does it usually really take between when you reply to the initial audition email and when they send you info. Does anyone else feel nervous that somehow they RSVPed wrong or it will get lost or something?
Patronaut
One-Day Jeopardy Champ 3/26/2013

Post by Patronaut »

hillthek wrote:Soooo....how long does it usually really take between when you reply to the initial audition email and when they send you info. Does anyone else feel nervous that somehow they RSVPed wrong or it will get lost or something?
Looking in my old e-mails, I got the audition e-mail on May 7th, RSVP'd the same day, and got my info on May 8th. My audition was not until June 5th.
"Physics is to mathematics as sex is to masturbation." - Richard Feynman.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Patronaut wrote:
hillthek wrote:Soooo....how long does it usually really take between when you reply to the initial audition email and when they send you info. Does anyone else feel nervous that somehow they RSVPed wrong or it will get lost or something?
Looking in my old e-mails, I got the audition e-mail on May 7th, RSVP'd the same day, and got my info on May 8th. My audition was not until June 5th.
Was a 1-day turnaround for me, too.
hillthek

Post by hillthek »

Well, now I'm officially worried! :?

I sent them another email reply. Should I call?
Patronaut

Post by Patronaut »

hillthek wrote:Well, now I'm officially worried! :?

How long did you take to RSVP?
hillthek

Post by hillthek »

Patronaut wrote:

I RSVPed the same evening I got the email.

I hope they don't find it obnoxious that I emailed again, since their initial email does say ten business days. It's just that when they tell you to do it within 2 business days and really impress upon you that they need to hear from you, well, then you're left wondering 'Did they get it?'
Patronaut

Post by Patronaut »

hillthek wrote:
Patronaut wrote:

I RSVPed the same evening I got the email.

I hope they don't find it obnoxious that I emailed again, since their initial email does say ten business days. It's just that when they tell you to do it within 2 business days and really impress upon you that they need to hear from you, well, then you're left wondering 'Did they get it?'
When is the audition? If there is time, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

It took them 8 days to reply to me. Yes, I worried I'd done something wrong. I got the invitation on March 5, responded immediately, and was emailed my confirmation on March 13.
waitingforthatcall
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by waitingforthatcall »

whysinclair wrote:Got scheduled for 4/28 in NYC - College Audition. Anyone else for that date/college championship in general??
ps YAY

I'm getting worried.

The audition emails for the college championship have already been sent out, barely a month after the online test was held.

When I took the test last year on April 25, I didn't get my audition email until August 21, for an in-person audition in November.

I picked New York for my in-person audition this year, and I know for a fact I got at least 40. Does anyone know, for the College Championship, for a given city, do they schedule all auditions for one date, or do they visit the cities more than once?

(Best of Luck, whysinclair!)
whysinclair
Contributor

Post by whysinclair »

waitingforthatcall wrote:
whysinclair wrote:Got scheduled for 4/28 in NYC - College Audition. Anyone else for that date/college championship in general??
ps YAY

I'm getting worried.

The audition emails for the college championship have already been sent out, barely a month after the online test was held.

When I took the test last year on April 25, I didn't get my audition email until August 21, for an in-person audition in November.

I picked New York for my in-person audition this year, and I know for a fact I got at least 40. Does anyone know, for the College Championship, for a given city, do they schedule all auditions for one date, or do they visit the cities more than once?

(Best of Luck, whysinclair!)
Thanks waitingforthatcall! As far as I know they're only coming to NYC for college championship on 4/27 and 4/28. I originally had a conflict and had asked if any other dates/times were available, and that was all they offered in NYC...
hillthek

Post by hillthek »

opusthepenguin wrote:
It took them 8 days to reply to me. Yes, I worried I'd done something wrong. I got the invitation on March 5, responded immediately, and was emailed my confirmation on March 13.
Thanks, opus! Now I just hope they don't dump me because I followed up with an email yesterday. Still no reply, RSVPed last Friday, April 5, so it's only been four business days.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

From everything we've heard, they try to be very accommodating in terms of making sure you're able to get to the auditions. I doubt they'll take offense at you trying to ensure that everything is copacetic. They know how anxious people are to make it there.
ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

hillthek wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:
Thanks, opus! Now I just hope they don't dump me because I followed up with an email yesterday. Still no reply, RSVPed last Friday, April 5, so it's only been four business days.
So did you get a reply? I got an audition email last week too and was wondering if I should message them again. I'm thinking of waiting till tomorrow .
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
honest2blog
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by honest2blog »

techsidd wrote:
ten96lt wrote:Anybody get a college invite for Nashville? Looks like the adult invites went out for there (I'm swimming in that pool still until November); congrats to all that got the invites.
I received an invite email for the Nashville college audition. Unfortunately I am leaving for a study abroad program in Europe on the same day so I asked for a different audition. They were pretty quick about it and said I could choose to go to either NYC or Kansas City which are both earlier. Told them I would like to change to Kansas City but haven't received any email to confirm since then. It's been about 3 days since that conversation.
I was in the exact same situation, I almost thought I wrote this post when I read it but then I realized I didn't even have an account. I chose Nashville as my location when registering for the online test since it's where I go to school (perhaps we attend we the same school?) but when I received the email, I realized I'd be in Spain for my Maymester. I've been moved to the Kansas City audition and received the confirmation email today.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re:

Post by opusthepenguin »

ihavejeoprosy wrote:
hillthek wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:It took them 8 days to reply to me. Yes, I worried I'd done something wrong. I got the invitation on March 5, responded immediately, and was emailed my confirmation on March 13.
So did you get a reply? I got an audition email last week too and was wondering if I should message them again. I'm thinking of waiting till tomorrow.
Yes. I've had two emails total, and sent one. They emailed me. I RSVP'ed. 8 days later, they emailed a confirmation repeating the date and time, giving me an address and directions, and attaching a questionnaire that I'm supposed to fill out and bring with me to the audition.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Re: Re:

Post by RandyG »

opusthepenguin wrote:
ihavejeoprosy wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:It took them 8 days to reply to me. Yes, I worried I'd done something wrong. I got the invitation on March 5, responded immediately, and was emailed my confirmation on March 13.
hillthek wrote: Thanks, opus! Now I just hope they don't dump me because I followed up with an email yesterday. Still no reply, RSVPed last Friday, April 5, so it's only been four business days.
So did you get a reply? I got an audition email last week too and was wondering if I should message them again. I'm thinking of waiting till tomorrow.
Yes. I've had two emails total, and sent one. They emailed me. I RSVP'ed. 8 days later, they emailed a confirmation repeating the date and time, giving me an address and directions, and attaching a questionnaire that I'm supposed to fill out and bring with me to the audition.
Treat that questionnaire as an important element in making you memorable and show-worthy. Get over any inclination to give simple and mundane answers when you're asked to tell them about yourself. Don't be afraid to bring up embarrassing moments or unusual or glorified things about yourself. All of these will make for a much more appealing audition interview. I've always felt that if you're not reluctant to embarrass yourself in that setting, then that goes a long way to demonstrating that you're ready to step onto the stage. Whether that embarrassing moment is rehashed later on in an Alex interview watched by millions is immaterial at that point; the idea is to make the necessary impression at the audition.

And you still have time now to enhance your life experiences for the sake of the questionnaire before your audition.

Great fortune!
ihavejeoprosy

Re: Re:

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

RandyG wrote:
Treat that questionnaire as an important element in making you memorable and show-worthy. Get over any inclination to give simple and mundane answers when you're asked to tell them about yourself. Don't be afraid to bring up embarrassing moments or unusual or glorified things about yourself. All of these will make for a much more appealing audition interview. I've always felt that if you're not reluctant to embarrass yourself in that setting, then that goes a long way to demonstrating that you're ready to step onto the stage. Whether that embarrassing moment is rehashed later on in an Alex interview watched by millions is immaterial at that point; the idea is to make the necessary impression at the audition.

And you still have time now to enhance your life experiences for the sake of the questionnaire before your audition.

Great fortune!
Thnx for the info. I still haven't heard from them so i'm thinking of sending them a friendly reminder tonight.
immaf
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by immaf »

I haven't gotten my confirmation email for New York yet, but it hasn't been 10 working days yet. I'm going to sit tight until Thursday or Friday.
Teems with quiet fun.
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

immaf wrote:I haven't gotten my confirmation email for New York yet, but it hasn't been 10 working days yet. I'm going to sit tight until Thursday or Friday.
Nice, someone else in the same boat, so maybe no need to hit the panic switch yet