Monday, February 20, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Re: Monday, February 20, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

reddpen wrote:Having just watched this game and her semifinal today, I finally figured out who Kathryn Wendling reminds me of: Sela Ward.
I thought so too.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

That's funny, I was just about to look for a picture of Kathryn again to try and jump-start my memory for the character actress I'm trying to recall when Jeanie's helpful blog link popped up. Now I can't see anyone but Sela Ward! I can still picture "my" actress, but Ward looks closer.
I'll still try to remember who it is and get a side-by-side line-up.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Paucle wrote:That's funny, I was just about to look for a picture of Kathryn again to try and jump-start my memory for the character actress I'm trying to recall when Jeanie's helpful blog link popped up. Now I can't see anyone but Sela Ward! I can still picture "my" actress, but Ward looks closer.
I got more of a young Renee Russo from her (like Major League, or maybe Thomas Crown Affair).
bumblehawk
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by bumblehawk »

DWS wrote:Not that it mattered in the end, but that was a terrible wager by Brad on the last DD -- he didn't even try to break the lock.

FJ thought process: French painter + garden --> water lilies --> Monet

I basically did not want to blow having a chance at a Wild Card by botching a category that I was not 100% in. Winning and nailing a wild card are the same in the first round, and my research helped me determine that anything above $14,000 would probably be a good bet for a Wild Card.

I completely over-thought Final...first thing that popped in my head was 'Waterlillies', and then I thought 'That's too easy' and went with Cezanne. Oh well...it was still fun.
Turd Ferguson
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Turd Ferguson »

econgator wrote:
Paucle wrote:That's funny, I was just about to look for a picture of Kathryn again to try and jump-start my memory for the character actress I'm trying to recall when Jeanie's helpful blog link popped up. Now I can't see anyone but Sela Ward! I can still picture "my" actress, but Ward looks closer.
I got more of a young Renee Russo from her (like Major League, or maybe Thomas Crown Affair).
I was reminded of Olivet from early Law & Order - http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1327468800/nm0566509
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

All these actresses are fine approximations, but I know the one I'm trying to recall is not in any way, shape, or form a big name. Definitely a character actress.
I'm gonna have to assume I know the face from an L&O episode and start reviewing episode titles to remind me of plots. Sigh.