New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

legendneverdies wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/MattAKASchfiftyThree is a link to the 5/9/89 College champ quarterfinal game two, unarchived as of yet, posted in two parts. Catch it and the previously mentioned 4/28/88 episode at this person's page before a copyright strike hits it(he also has uploaded WOF nighttime from 4/28/1988)
Quoting to make the URL work. (I'm lazy.)

He also just added an incomplete episode (no FJ, unfortunately) from 1987: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGip6e-j90Q
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Finally getting around to putting in Bruce Seymour's original 5 from tapes he sent. For the lovers of judgment calls, check out Alex's ruling on the second challenger's Final response in Bruce Seymour game 2. I wonder if he was only generous because of Bruce's lock. He accepted a squiggle that barely looked like "Nası" for "Nashville". "You know... I think there's enough there to indicate that you were going for Nashville, so we're going to give you a correct on that," he explained.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I wouldn't have taken that. But she was locked into second no matter how the responses fell, so it really didn't matter. Maybe Alex and the judges were just all hung over from the New Year's Eve party.
legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by legendneverdies »

Daily TV SHows on Youtube has posted the 9/18/2014 episode already, some 13 hours before it airs on the East Coast.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

legendneverdies wrote:Daily TV SHows on Youtube has posted the 9/18/2014 episode already, some 13 hours before it airs on the East Coast.
Shouldn't that be under future games and not old games?
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

legendneverdies wrote:Daily TV SHows on Youtube has posted the 9/18/2014 episode already, some 13 hours before it airs on the East Coast.
And gotten their account terminated because of it, by the looks of things.
legendneverdies

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
I just got access to the 9/18/2014 episode at Daily TV Shows on Youtube as of 30 seconds before I typed this, so maybe the account hasn't been terminated.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

legendneverdies wrote:
MinnesotaMyron wrote:
I just got access to the 9/18/2014 episode at Daily TV Shows on Youtube as of 30 seconds before I typed this, so maybe the account hasn't been terminated.
Well, can you give me a hint then, because this guy

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPoK-9 ... _lkxAZdAvw

has been terminated.

Edit: Never mind, I found it. It looks like every time one account gets shut down a new one pops up.
legendneverdies

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
legendneverdies wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/MattAKASchfiftyThree is a link to the 5/9/89 College champ quarterfinal game two, unarchived as of yet, posted in two parts. Catch it and the previously mentioned 4/28/88 episode at this person's page before a copyright strike hits it(he also has uploaded WOF nighttime from 4/28/1988)
Quoting to make the URL work. (I'm lazy.)

He also just added an incomplete episode (no FJ, unfortunately) from 1987: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGip6e-j90Q
Trevor Panno posted the FJ! segment from the 10/30/1987 episode at his Youtube page.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Robert K S wrote:Finally getting around to putting in Bruce Seymour's original 5 from tapes he sent. For the lovers of judgment calls, check out Alex's ruling on the second challenger's Final response in Bruce Seymour game 2. I wonder if he was only generous because of Bruce's lock. He accepted a squiggle that barely looked like "Nası" for "Nashville". "You know... I think there's enough there to indicate that you were going for Nashville, so we're going to give you a correct on that," he explained.
In his third game, it says one player was originally from Texas, but no city. Is that how she was introduced?
cheezguyty

Post by cheezguyty »

Bamaman wrote:
Robert K S wrote:Finally getting around to putting in Bruce Seymour's original 5 from tapes he sent. For the lovers of judgment calls, check out Alex's ruling on the second challenger's Final response in Bruce Seymour game 2. I wonder if he was only generous because of Bruce's lock. He accepted a squiggle that barely looked like "Nası" for "Nashville". "You know... I think there's enough there to indicate that you were going for Nashville, so we're going to give you a correct on that," he explained.
In his third game, it says one player was originally from Texas, but no city. Is that how she was introduced?
Check her player page: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=9365
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

cheezguyty wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
The Archivist's Prime Directive is always to record things as they were on the show, to the best of our abilities. So if, in the future, you see something like that again, chances are, yeah it was aired like that and it left many heads scratched at that time as well.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

dhkendall wrote:
cheezguyty wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
The Archivist's Prime Directive is always to record things as they were on the show, to the best of our abilities. So if, in the future, you see something like that again, chances are, yeah it was aired like that and it left many heads scratched at that time as well.
I understand that. I'd just never seen a state only "hometown" and wondered if she was introduced that way or if maybe the intros were cut off and he'd just gotten the information from other comments during the show.
countyguy
Vacuously Undefeated on J!

Post by countyguy »

Bamaman wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
cheezguyty wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
I understand that. I'd just never seen a state only "hometown" and wondered if she was introduced that way or if maybe the intros were cut off and he'd just gotten the information from other comments during the show.
Just like the college football championship being in "North Texas" this year. Don't know what is going on with not calling it "Dallas".
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

countyguy wrote: Just like the college football championship being in "North Texas" this year. Don't know what is going on with not calling it "Dallas".
Because it's in Arlington?
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

What's with people admitting they live in Texas?? That's the biggest surprise here!

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

legendneverdies

Trevor Panno, who posted the FInal J! from the 10/30/87 episode MattakaSchfiftythree posted the rest of on their page, now has the 1/26/88 episode up on his Youtube page in three parts.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

legendneverdies wrote:Trevor Panno, who posted the FInal J! from the 10/30/87 episode MattakaSchfiftythree posted the rest of on their page, now has the 1/26/88 episode up on his Youtube page in three parts.
TPTB must be the only people who have legend on their friends list ...

legendneverdies

Trevor Panno now has the 1/27/1988 episode up on his Youtube page in two parts, but the audio is pretty low even when the volume is turned up to the max.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

legendneverdies wrote:Trevor Panno now has the 1/27/1988 episode up on his Youtube page in two parts, but the audio is pretty low even when the volume is turned up to the max.
I couldn't even understand the intros, but it is worth a look just to see the first guy who walks out. He has a "Hello my name is" name tag on his jacket.