New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by legendneverdies »

Trevor Panno has 2/1/88 AKA Barbara Anne Eddy game one and her 2/2/88 second game up at their Youtube page.
legendneverdies

Barbara ANne Eddy 2/3/88 game three is up at Trevor Panno's Youtube page. The 1988 teen tournament that started the Monday after this week of shows was archived several months back when the 10 episodes were posted on Youtube, but the episodes were later taken down due to a Sony "warning".
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Trevor has added the February 4 game.

Note for Keith......penultimate wagering scenario.
legendneverdies

Trevor Panno posted Barbara Anne Eddy game 5 from 2/5/88 at his Youtube page. Don't know what episodes, if any, Trevor will post next. The 1988 teen tourney has already been archived and was posted earlier this year on Youtube and was since taken down. On an somewhat unrelated note, COmcast/Xfinity on demand placed the CHase celebrity episode on demand yesterday, two weeks before GSN is scheduled to air it on November 11th.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Alex was certainly in a snotty mood in that episode. His comment to the third place player at the start of DJ and then his comments right before they introduced the prizes were pretty funny.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Hey legendneverdies, the person who uploaded the full 1988 Teen Tournament also uploaded the full Feb. 2002 Teen Tournament(all in original broadcast form) in jeffdadude87's alternative account. If anybody downloaded the episodes from those tournaments a few months back, be lucky. You never know what episodes of past seasons of J! would be newly-uploaded next. I'd love to see Game #668(aka Day 4 of Doug Molitor's run) get recapped in the J-Archive as well as the March 9, 1992 episode if MarkBarrett has the latter in his collection. I wonder if Trevor Panno or Daniel(kingskip) can find out what's going on with them if they can archive either one of the 2.
legendneverdies

Bamaman wrote:Alex was certainly in a snotty mood in that episode. His comment to the third place player at the start of DJ and then his comments right before they introduced the prizes were pretty funny.
The comment at the 1:50 mark about saying "3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8" to abbreviate the category titles is kind of timely, as people say full category names nowadays when it's not needed.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

legendneverdies wrote:
Bamaman wrote:Alex was certainly in a snotty mood in that episode. His comment to the third place player at the start of DJ and then his comments right before they introduced the prizes were pretty funny.
The comment at the 1:50 mark about saying "3, 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8" to abbreviate the category titles is kind of timely, as people say full category names nowadays when it's not needed.

Yet they still said the full name. I liked the first round theme. I wonder if Trevor's dad wrote it.
legendneverdies

Trevor Panno has the unarchived 2/19/2004 game 1 of the Teen Tourney final(game 2 is already archived) at his Youtube page. It's one of the most recent games not in the archive.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

legendneverdies wrote:Trevor Panno has the unarchived 2/19/2004 game 1 of the Teen Tourney final(game 2 is already archived) at his Youtube page. It's one of the most recent games not in the archive.
It appears to be the most recent non-archived game. It also features something that has happened very rarely on the show.
kingskip
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by kingskip »

Only 21 games left to be archived in Season 20. They are all either part of 2003 Back to School Week, 2003 College Championship, or 2004 Teen Tournament.
jeopardyfan87
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jeopardyfan87 »

kingskip wrote:Only 21 games left to be archived in Season 20. They are all either part of 2003 Back to School Week, 2003 College Championship, or 2004 Teen Tournament.
Well, amongst several archived games of which are skeletons right now. Looking forward to when they can get filled; hopefully someone is using the web archive with tdciago's J! S20 page to get them in. ;)
legendneverdies

MattAKAschfiftythree has the unarchived Monday 5/28/90 episode, AKA RIchard Neale game five. EPisode has only J! and DJ!, no FJ!, but it is known RIchard lost as per the archive. ONe of Jim or Dan wins the game, and loses the next day because the champion on the archived Thursday 5/31/90 episode had won two games.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

It's a very good game. http://youtube.com/watch?v=4nM_rWEvDFI

Spoiler, because why not:
Spoiler
Richard left $200 on the table in a late catch-up DD wager, betting $3,400 of $3,600, and ended up $100 behind second place entering FJ. I wonder if his affinity for round numbers did him in.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

I noticed somebody's in the middle of archiving Cheryl Van Middlesworth's first game, and I saw on another message board a while back that she was a 4-day champion with $36,900.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Jeff-thecdboy wrote:I noticed somebody's in the middle of archiving Cheryl Van Middlesworth's first game, and I saw on another message board a while back that she was a 4-day champion with $36,900.
What season was Cheryl Van Middlesworth on BTW?
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Jeff-thecdboy wrote:I noticed somebody's in the middle of archiving Cheryl Van Middlesworth's first game, and I saw on another message board a while back that she was a 4-day champion with $36,900.
That somebody would be me. It was also Ron Trigueiro's fifth game. Mark put his second game in last summer so I was planning on mentioning it anyway.

Here is the archived game: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=4733

Here is the youtube for the J round: http://youtu.be/sDPc-YXVCgc

Here is the video for DJ and FJ: http://youtu.be/O3ollqMx-zE

I did my best to figure out what Ron said for his DD response in the British Isles category.

Comments on the game. (Spoilered for those who wish to watch the video).
Spoiler
He missed a couple DDs in DJ and failed to ring in a take a guess on the last clue of the game, which essentially "Guess a Dickens novel, two of them are correct". Had he done better on the DDs or rang in on Dickens, he gets the fifth win. But given the way FJ worked out in his second game, I guess karma caught up with him.
I'm new at this archiving thing, so any comments on my screwups are welcome.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

The lady in the obit would have been 39 when the show aired and she seems to resemble her, so I guess that's her. Sorry to hear of her passing, I wonder why she moved across the country.

Based on the Amazon link, I have lower cased her v.
Fleeboy

Post by Fleeboy »

Robert K S wrote:Is this the same Cheryl Van Middlesworth who appeared on the show?
http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignit ... id=5756769

Should the "van" be uncapitalized? See:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A3 ... cr_rdp_pdp
http://articles.latimes.com/1999/mar/28 ... t/ca-21797
The Cheryl VanMiddlesworth in the DignityMemorial.com obit lived in my hometown. Family members here spell their last name as one word with the "V" and "M" capitalized. I know several of her in-laws and will check to see if that might be her, but I don't think so.

Several web pages I've found list a different spouse (Ralph, not Charles) for the Cheryl van Middlesworth in Cerritos, CA.