New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Jeff-thecdboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

Animfan1 has just posted 11/22/89 (Lisa Guay game 2) on their Dailymotion channel.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

Animfan1 has just posted 11/24/89 (Lisa Guay game 4) on their Dailymotion channel.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Jeff-thecdboy wrote:Animfan1 has just posted 11/22/89 (Lisa Guay game 2) on their Dailymotion channel.
http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5051

Cooking for $300.
Jeff-thecdboy wrote:Animfan1 has just posted 11/24/89 (Lisa Guay game 4) on their Dailymotion channel.
http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5054

since it has come up recently, check Mortal Matters for $100. A late DD miss by the guy in the middle saved Lisa's run to the TOC.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

YouTube user brdtrk has posted 12/11/95 (Brad Plovan game 1) on their YouTube channel.

http://youtube.com/user/brdtrk/videos
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

All the way down to page 3. Gotta fix that.

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5068

The final game from the DVD provided by savoygirl is in. She warned me that the last game might be incomplete, and sure enough, FJ wasn't on there. We do know who won, since the following game was already in the archive. The category was TRAVEL & TOURISM.

Postal clerk Bob DiGiusto would have much better luck four years later on Who Wants to be a Millionaire:

http://www.mndaily.com/2000/06/09/unive ... -game-show

When you jump around from year to year entering games, there are always coincidences of topics and clues. This game and the last game I entered both had the category GAME SHOWS in the Jeopardy round, and both had clues asking for the identities of the Burt & Bert who produced "Win, Lose or Draw". Even more interesting, this game had the following Daily Double as the 3rd clue in the first column in the DJ round (category SPACE EXPLORATION).

The last mission in this U.S. series was manned by Jim Lovell & Buzz Aldrin

Compare to this Daily Double from the 3rd clue in the first column in the DJ round from last Thursday (category 1965):

On March 23 this space project launched its first mission with Gus Grissom & John Young as commander & pilot

Effectively the same clue.

Finally, here was the J! round Daily Double, GAME SHOWS for $200.
The longest-running game show on NBC, it featured the following:
Do you know it without the picture?
Spoiler
Spoiler
What is Concentration?
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:All the way down to page 3. Gotta fix that.

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=5068

The final game from the DVD provided by savoygirl is in. She warned me that the last game might be incomplete, and sure enough, FJ wasn't on there. We do know who won, since the following game was already in the archive. The category was TRAVEL & TOURISM.

Postal clerk Bob DiGiusto would have much better luck four years later on Who Wants to be a Millionaire:

http://www.mndaily.com/2000/06/09/unive ... -game-show

When you jump around from year to year entering games, there are always coincidences of topics and clues. This game and the last game I entered both had the category GAME SHOWS in the Jeopardy round, and both had clues asking for the identities of the Burt & Bert who produced "Win, Lose or Draw". Even more interesting, this game had the following Daily Double as the 3rd clue in the first column in the DJ round (category SPACE EXPLORATION).

The last mission in this U.S. series was manned by Jim Lovell & Buzz Aldrin

Compare to this Daily Double from the 3rd clue in the first column in the DJ round from last Thursday (category 1965):

On March 23 this space project launched its first mission with Gus Grissom & John Young as commander & pilot

Effectively the same clue.

Finally, here was the J! round Daily Double, GAME SHOWS for $200.
The longest-running game show on NBC, it featured the following:
Do you know it without the picture?
Spoiler
Spoiler
What is Concentration?
Can we not get the FJ from the Infinite FJ feature? We won't know the responses or wagers (although we can guess the champ's based on announced totals the next day), but getting the clue would be nice
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

dhkendall wrote:Can we not get the FJ from the Infinite FJ feature? We won't know the responses or wagers (although we can guess the champ's based on announced totals the next day), but getting the clue would be nice
Indeed we can. It was
ON A WEEKEND PACKAGE, NORTHWEST AIRLINES FLIES LONDONERS TO BLOOMINGTON, MINN. TO VISIT THIS
. Mike Lease's score indicates he was correct. I cannot imagine Bob from Minnesota missed it, but what he might have wagered I do not know. Anita could go either way. I'd rather not fill in guesses or leave stuff blank, as I assume it fools with the optimum wager generator.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
dhkendall wrote:Can we not get the FJ from the Infinite FJ feature? We won't know the responses or wagers (although we can guess the champ's based on announced totals the next day), but getting the clue would be nice
Indeed we can. It was
ON A WEEKEND PACKAGE, NORTHWEST AIRLINES FLIES LONDONERS TO BLOOMINGTON, MINN. TO VISIT THIS
. Mike Lease's score indicates he was correct. I cannot imagine Bob from Minnesota missed it, but what he might have wagered I do not know. Anita could go either way. I'd rather not fill in guesses or leave stuff blank, as I assume it fools with the optimum wager generator.
Using my scoresheet:

Anita: 7400-5800=1600
Mike: 8200+6601=14801
Bob: 5300+4700=10000

That should be enough to allow the FJ! round to be filled in with just a note for the responses unknown although I don't know how much variance there could be for the correct responses by the guys.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

FJ! entered.

Myron, I'm not sure what you meant by "All the way down to page 3. Gotta fix that." Anything I can help with?
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Robert K S wrote:FJ! entered.

Myron, I'm not sure what you meant by "All the way down to page 3. Gotta fix that." Anything I can help with?
Old games hadn't been entered in a little while, and this thread dropped all the way to page three on the board. No probbos, just need more new old games.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:

Old games hadn't been entered in a little while, and this thread dropped all the way to page three on the board. No probbos, just need more new old games.
Or more posts in this thread that don't really contribute anything and are kind of pointless!

You're welcome.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

opusthepenguin wrote:
MinnesotaMyron wrote:

Or more posts in this thread that don't really contribute anything and are kind of pointless!

You're welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmdAQHzNYF8
animfan
Valued Contributor

Post by animfan »

legendneverdies wrote:Trevor Panno now has the 1/27/1988 episode up on his Youtube page in two parts, but the audio is pretty low even when the volume is turned up to the max.
I re-uploaded the 1/27/1988 episode up on to my dailymotion page and you can hear the whole game.
dhorn
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by dhorn »

I just wanted to post and say that I really appreciate all the work you all are doing. It's a great service. I don't have much time to offer but is there anyway to donate a few bucks to the cause?
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

dhorn wrote:I just wanted to post and say that I really appreciate all the work you all are doing. It's a great service. I don't have much time to offer but is there anyway to donate a few bucks to the cause?
I hope I am not speaking out of line by piping in here.

The Archive runs on the same server as this board. The server is owned by me. Neither the Archive nor this board use anything to generate revenue (for good reason). I defray the cost of the two sites by accepting a token each month from a person who then becomes JBoardie of the Month. So when you donate to that cause, you are helping the Archive.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman filled in 9/24/03:

WHAT'S ON TV TONIGHT? $800 needs the video to fully appreciate the clue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k11FFVy-LUo
jlgarfield

Post by jlgarfield »

I found quite a few S10 games not in the archive:

Graydon Hazenberg posted his two appearances on Youtube- just type 'Jeopardy Graydon Hazenberg' for his shows.

Additionally, the Internet Archive has Barry Rubinowitz's Jeopardy appearances from several months later- google 'Barry Rubinowitz Jeopardy' for those games.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

jlgarfield wrote:I found quite a few S10 games not in the archive:

Graydon Hazenberg posted his two appearances on Youtube- just type 'Jeopardy Graydon Hazenberg' for his shows.

Additionally, the Internet Archive has Barry Rubinowitz's Jeopardy appearances from several months later- google 'Barry Rubinowitz Jeopardy' for those games.
Six games not in the archive, nice. Graydon Hazenberg (1/10 & 1/11/94) was the champ after Kurt Bray retired. The Barry Rubinowitz games are 1/20, 1/21, 1/24 & 1/25/94 just as that guy posted in the comments.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

May 21, 1991, Mickey Tennenbaum Game 2, is in, courtesy of the Kingskip Collection.

Alex was nice enough to mention Dorothy's last name during the interview, but not her city. She thanked the "South Mountain Superstars", which means she's probably from New Jersey, but I'm not quite willing to jump to conclusions, so I left her city blank.

Check out "The Sun" for 600 for a rare "Authentic Answer and Question" clue and response, and "The Sun" for 800 for an unusual ruling.

And for those of you who closely follow the runner-up prizes, here's what happened to the Greif Companies clothier.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

^That explains why the Greif Companies stopped being a part of Alex Trebek's wardrobe provider in March 1995 (Perry Ellis became the sole provider of Alex's wardrobe then).