New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Re: New old games in the J! Archive

Post by dhkendall »

bpmod wrote:I have #4401, October 27, 2003, and #4072, April 23, 2002, courtesy of TPH. The archivists can find them in the usual place within the next day or two.

Brian
And now they are up. Thanks, accolades, huge sums of cash, and comely wenches can be sent to me. Complaints can go to bpmod. :)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Bad FJ wagering in both games. The 2003 game was a lock, so the one bad wager didn't matter much, but the 2002 game has two bad bets, one of which snatched defeat from the jaws of the bettor's victory.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

seaborgium wrote:Bad FJ wagering in both games. The 2003 game was a lock, so the one bad wager didn't matter much, but the 2002 game has two bad bets, one of which snatched defeat from the jaws of the bettor's victory.
They should not have taken Julie's response as correct.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I disagree, but she wagered to lose anyway.
Ivoryface86
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Ivoryface86 »

How about the runner-up trips for the April 23, 2002 game seaborgium, noticed it wasn't mentioned at the bottom of the page.
Last edited by Ivoryface86 on Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Ivoryface86 wrote:How about the runner-up trips for the April 23, 2002 game seaborgium, noticed it wasn't mentioned at the bottom of the page. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the trips for that episode were the trip to Tahiti for a 2nd place finisher and a trip to Arizona for the 3rd place finisher.
oh my god, why do you care?
evanakm
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by evanakm »

jeff6286 wrote:
Ivoryface86 wrote:How about the runner-up trips for the April 23, 2002 game seaborgium, noticed it wasn't mentioned at the bottom of the page. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the trips for that episode were the trip to Tahiti for a 2nd place finisher and a trip to Arizona for the 3rd place finisher.
oh my god, why do you care?
Come on, part of the appeal of this board is the constant splitting of hairs over the silliest of minutia. It's endearing one minute, annoying the next, and then endearing again. Getting angry over it is like worrying about death and taxes.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Why are you asking me?
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

seaborgium wrote:
Why are you asking me?
Because you forgot to put up what the 2nd and 3rd place finishers receive in that episode for runner-up trips, or is the GSN airing all you have in this? Or maybe MarkBarrett knows, I'll ask him about that if he has the original broadcast version of this episode.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Ivoryface86 wrote:
seaborgium wrote:
Why are you asking me?
Because you forgot to put up what the 2nd and 3rd place finishers receive in that episode for runner-up trips, or is the GSN airing all you have in this? Or maybe MarkBarrett knows, I'll ask him about that if he has the original broadcast version of this episode.
Dammit, seaborgium, get on the stick!
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Ivoryface86 wrote:
seaborgium wrote:
Why are you asking me?
No, YOU forgot. For someone who cares so much about details, you sure are lax in divulging them!

edit: dhkendall, you can expect my invoice for taking the brunt of this within the next five (5) days.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

seaborgium wrote:I disagree, but she wagered to lose anyway.
If second place had bet to tie the leader's pre-FJ score and gets it wrong, he has one dollar less than what she wound up with.

I'm not saying she made a good bet, but she did use some strategy in selecting her bet rather than just a random number. But she should have gone all in here.

I'll drop the subject now so you can get busy putting the prizes in for that game.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

seaborgium wrote:
Ivoryface86 wrote:
seaborgium wrote:
Why are you asking me?
No, YOU forgot. For someone who cares so much about details, you sure are lax in divulging them!

edit: dhkendall, you can expect my invoice for taking the brunt of this within the next five (5) days.
Don't break the furniture unless you want to be jboarder of the month.

And Ivoryface, did you notice that I was the one that entered the episodes and seaborgium merely watched them? Those type of questions can be asked of me - I prefer to ignore them instead of respond, but I will say that the recording I got didn't mention it, maybe the recording skipped that or something but what you see is what I got.

As to if Julie's response should be accepted, Alex did say "but we don't penalize spelling here" or something of the ilk. I laughed.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Ivoryface86 wrote:Because you forgot to put up what the 2nd and 3rd place finishers receive in that episode for runner-up trips, or is the GSN airing all you have in this? Or maybe MarkBarrett knows, I'll ask him about that if he has the original broadcast version of this episode.
For the record, my copy of 4/23/02 came from a 2003 rerun. I was probably overzealous with the stop button to fit as much as possible onto the tape.

Also, "Winsor" was perfectly acceptable.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

4/7/03 is in: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=2785

For the Crosswords here is what the clues looked like:

For archiving purposes what I put in the clue box was spoken by Alex and not shown, so I guessed on using the colon and capitalizing Across. If another archivist has a suggestion for <jpg> coding on those two then have at it.

If you are going to guess on African-American Music Makers $2000 then make sure you pick up on the TOM. :roll:

To put an end to the crying and to make sure all of us sleep well tonight I added the trips to Antigua and Miami for the 4/23/02 game. The prizes were shown during the first commercial break.

All right, that is going to be it for me for archiving on the nearly each weekday basis as I did through part of July and most of August. I'm ready for a break. I'm more than aware of of the Season 18 shells for the 2001-2002 period and I have noted the specific requests for some of those games.

I'm going to try to get some of those in during the Sept. - May period by breaking up the work into shorter segments. I'll post when I have completed a game.

I do have more late 1980s games to do next summer.

At any point when there is easy Mickey Mouse work to do like rounding up prizes or other inquiries when I can help then a PM, email, or post here will work.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I was worried about those trips, glad you tracked those down.

Seriously, thanks for getting everything in that you did. Unless GSN picks up old reruns again, the archive may never be 100%, but it is much more full than it was two months ago. Whatever you can get in is great, don't fret about any requests, though it is great you make an attempt to locate those games.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I have noticed the count for S20 has jumped quite a bit in the last few days. A lot of the new entries are just skeletons, with nothing but the players' names. Is this a sign the games themselves are in the process of being transferred or is someone just filling in the minor details?
rmfromfla

Post by rmfromfla »

Yeah, Bama, now that I have a working VCR again & tapes that were collecting dust the past few years, I'm getting the headers in for S20 to try & bring it up to speed with some of the other seasons. 8-)
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

youtube.com/user/MattAKASchfiftyThree.html is a link to the 5/9/89 College champ quarterfinal game two, unarchived as of yet, posted in two parts. Catch it and the previously mentioned 4/28/88 episode at this person's page before a copyright strike hits it(he also has uploaded WOF nighttime from 4/28/1988)
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

legendneverdies wrote:youtube.com/user/MattAKASchfiftyThree.html is a link to the 5/9/89 College champ quarterfinal game two, unarchived as of yet, posted in two parts. Catch it and the previously mentioned 4/28/88 episode at this person's page before a copyright strike hits it(he also has uploaded WOF nighttime from 4/28/1988)
Well, the video titled "Peter Wheel 1988" which is the same episode he uploaded will remain, it's not the matter of copyright strikes anymore, rather his WOF videos have been blocked in this country but there are some ways to bypass that, such as Proxtube, though his videos will still remain in the video count.