Ask Me Another

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

whoisalexjacob
2015 TOC'er

Re: Ask Me Another

Post by whoisalexjacob »

This show could be one of my favorite things, if they would just bump up the difficulty level about 25-50% (and stop babying the contestants so much... it's not the end of the world if there is a stumper.. you don't need to keep giving hints).

Every once in awhile I try to like this again and I always end up shutting it off in the middle. I realize that I'm just a snob and many probably disagree with me, just ranting. Admittedly, since I know of a brilliant Jeopardy! champion who was turned down to be a contestant, listening to contestants who just don't get it annoys me even more than it would otherwise.
ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

RCraig wrote:
omgwheelhouse wrote:Another small gripe.. can they spring for an actual lockout buzzer system? Are they seriously just using like... those hotel check-in bells?
I had the good fortune of being a contestant (along with two other Jeopardy! alumni) on Ask Me Another a few months ago and I spoke briefly with Art Chung and Jonathan Coulton after the show. Art acknowledged that the nonlockoutable bells were less than ideal, but that lockout buzzers were even worse for radio due to their not so radio friendly tones.

tldr; it's not a budget issue, it's a sound issue.
What episode was this? I get the podcasts, so id like to listen
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

This show is basically an hourlong sunday puzzle, which is why I love it. Sunday puzzle is just too short.

For those saying its not difficult, it's not supposed to be. It's meant to be easy listening that people can solve while doing other stuff. May not be ideal for most of us, but its still a ton of fun.
sherder
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by sherder »

I recently attended a taping of Ask Me Another in St. Paul, and ran into this J! Champ. He was wearing the same purple suit.

The staff at the Fitzgerald Theatre was extremely accommodating to another attendee. His daughter registered to take the J! teen test, but was "dragged" to the taping. They allowed her to use one of their computers in the box office to take the test. I'll be interested to see if she makes it.
OSXpert

Post by OSXpert »

Just listened to this week's podcast - Elliot Yates from Jeopardy! showed up as a contestant.
oduguy22
Swimming with the Jeopardy! Fishes

Post by oduguy22 »

It is a great podcast, So is Wait Wait and Good Job Brain!
mpahu
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by mpahu »

I'm glad to know I wasn't going crazy when I thought Elliot was a former J! contestant, but I was still too Sunday sleepy to pin that this morning.

Also, have any other LLamas had a revelatory moment when they realized the occasional puzzle guru was none other than PliskaG?!
ihavejeoprosy

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

mpahu wrote:I'm glad to know I wasn't going crazy when I thought Elliot was a former J! contestant, but I was still too Sunday sleepy to pin that this morning.

Also, have any other LLamas had a revelatory moment when they realized the occasional puzzle guru was none other than PliskaG?!
+ 1 for finding out the identity of pliskag recently