Think Different Contest #149: Beating me at my own game (again!)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

Re: Think Different Contest #149: Beating me at my own game (again!)

Postby dhkendall » Fri May 18, 2012 6:23 pm

SkeeBallRaif wrote:
dhkendall wrote:My first thought to the question: "Nicholas II". ""Wait, that's too well known. I'll be smart and subtract an I. Zig when I'm expected to zag. Think *different*."

Wow, I really did borrow your brain for this quiz dh--once again, I had the identical reasoning as you. (Though mine was probably more like "Nicholas II." "Wait, that's too well known. There's gotta be a Nicholas I if there was a Nicholas II, right?")

How do we think so alike? Quick, what number am I thinking of?

e. :)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings
dhkendall
Moderator, Archivist, and Servant to the J! Community

Postby debramc » Fri May 18, 2012 6:48 pm

dhkendall wrote:
SkeeBallRaif wrote:
dhkendall wrote:My first thought to the question: "Nicholas II". ""Wait, that's too well known. I'll be smart and subtract an I. Zig when I'm expected to zag. Think *different*."

Wow, I really did borrow your brain for this quiz dh--once again, I had the identical reasoning as you. (Though mine was probably more like "Nicholas II." "Wait, that's too well known. There's gotta be a Nicholas I if there was a Nicholas II, right?")

Dave, why are you always so irrational? ;)

Thanks for the game, goforthetie!
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Postby RandyG » Fri May 18, 2012 7:47 pm

debramc wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
SkeeBallRaif wrote:Wow, I really did borrow your brain for this quiz dh--once again, I had the identical reasoning as you. (Though mine was probably more like "Nicholas II." "Wait, that's too well known. There's gotta be a Nicholas I if there was a Nicholas II, right?")

Dave, why are you always so irrational? ;)

Thanks for the game, goforthetie!

I always thought of Dave as being more the transcendental type.

Boffo job, gftt and to those rarefied of individuals--AP, Peg and plasticene--who could beat the quizmaster at his own game.

Bamaman wrote:I've got an idea in mind for a Chronology game. That hasn't been done in a while and its the only one of our games I haven't run yet, so I can cross it off my jboard bucket list. It will (probably) be about that fun filled decade we all know and love, the 1930s.

Go for it!
HOST YOUR OWN TD QUIZ. Share your voice and creativity. You're in charge! Check here for available dates
JEOPARDY! AUDITION WEBINAR: REPLAY AVAILABLE NOW! Details
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoarder of the Month

Postby TreehugginCowgirl » Sat May 19, 2012 12:36 am

plasticene wrote:Fiddlededee! I figured "embarrass" would sheep, but I was in a hurry to get my entry in, so I didn't give it as much thought as it deserved. I'm very impressed with TreehugginCowgirl's obscure "cossette", which isn't even good in Scrabble.

Don't be too impressed. I got lucky, very lucky. My brain was jamming badly on that question, and I couldn't bear to say coffee. I decided I could find something that ended in "ette" if I thought long enough. I finally decided that "Cosette" was surely iconic enough to have entered the lexicon (it isn't), and I misspelled it. Somehow two wrongs made a right. Sounds like a word I should know though. I've certainly sliced enough sugar beets!
TreehugginCowgirl
Best Self-Destruct Button

Previous

Return to Game Discussions