World Quizzing Championships - Results are in!

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

ihavejeoprosy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: World Quizzing Championships - Results are in!

Post by ihavejeoprosy »

Bumping this for visibility. This years edition of the WQC is coming up. Find your venue and go wild.

http://www.worldquizzingchampionships.com/
Please follow me on Twitter @Cinjeopardy
Total game show losings: $25 K
Alfa33
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Alfa33 »

Le Master wrote:If you're wondering what the questions are like, I have the question sets from 2007-2009. I can easily scan them to PDF for whomever wants them.

Edit: Spelling.
Please share these scanned files with me Le master. Thanks!
gnash
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gnash »

JFanForever wrote:I have signed up for the 2013 World Quizzing Championship. I am trying my best to study everything I can.
Why would anyone study for WQC? There's no money to be won. OK, if you are a contender to win the whole thing, being able to say you're a world champion is worth something. But for everyone else, isn't the point to see how you measure up - and any specific preparation just blurs that information.
Alfa33
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Alfa33 »

You've hit it on the head, gnash! I took part this year but without studying--as a diagnostic measure. Now I know where I stand and what to expect as either a contender or a pretender. Perhaps those who prepare extensively for the WQC just want to improve their station.
gnash
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gnash »

One aspect of preparation makes sense to me, though. I did look at the published 2012 questions, to get the feel for the difficulty level and whether I should rush through the quiz. Familiarizing yourself with the environment in that way removes much of the rookie disadvantage that has little or nothing to do with actual knowledge.