Tuesday, June 12, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Re: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by Volante »

Finally played this off the archive. My affiliate pushed it back to 10pm and my DVR, despite my attempt at making it record anything with 'Jeopardy' in the title just to avoid this sort of crap, did not record it. :roll:
TenPoundHammer wrote:How the heck was that St. Patrick clue a stand-and-stare?

Ran Grime, which is odd for someone who throws trash on the floor when the trash can is full.

No idea how I got Whiskey in the Jar, but I did.
When you get started early and end late for St. Patrick's Day, time...along with many other things...flow in ways nature did not originally intend.

I knew the last one had to be a whiskey variant, but I didn't want to try guessing between the generic or bourbon or Scotch or moonshine.

Final was instant. "multi novel blah blah Dark Tower blah blah." One of those works that's been in Hollywood development hell for a few years now...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote:Finally played this off the archive. My affiliate pushed it back to 10pm and my DVR, despite my attempt at making it record anything with 'Jeopardy' in the title just to avoid this sort of crap, did not record it. :roll:
Does watching it here work for you?: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xribma ... rch_algo=1 Or you just prefer playing off the archive?

Thursday's game has not been uploaded yet if the same thing happened to you last night.
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

Sure, everyone's gonna razz Kathy for an extra s (I expected a reversal too) or her $3 wagering error, but no one's gonna fling any horse manure at her for the $16-million-dollar butterfly? I've got to know what you were thinking there: a painting maybe?

Judges: Any chance of getting credit for capillaries instead of veins in the insect wings? I've already negged myself but thought I'd ask.

Aaron, please keep posting. Your handle reminds me of one of my favorites from damnyouautocorrect.com (#15). The top 50 are well worth a visit. You will hurt yourself laughing.
In and out of the pool four times
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Volante wrote:Finally played this off the archive. My affiliate pushed it back to 10pm and my DVR, despite my attempt at making it record anything with 'Jeopardy' in the title just to avoid this sort of crap, did not record it. :roll:
Does watching it here work for you?: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xribma ... rch_algo=1 Or you just prefer playing off the archive?

Thursday's game has not been uploaded yet if the same thing happened to you last night.
Didn't know that existed; I've just always done the archive on a missed day in the past.

I went back through the DVR yesterday and tried adding more redundancies; haven't checked it yet but I'm hoping *crosses fingers*
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
gloriaclemente
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gloriaclemente »

Hi Reddpen, I was wondering where you've been.

You are so right: http://www.antennaeonline.com/product/detail/19507

I think I was conflating the Blue Morpho with the subject of this book, http://www.helenmorgan.net/bm/book.html (in which the stamp has nothing to do with a butterfly). Who knows? If I had paid more attention to the dollar amount, I might have gotten to horses, but I don't recall hearing of many horses with names that start with "The".

Take it easy with the manure, pal.
gloriaclemente
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gloriaclemente »

John Boy

Post by John Boy »

Magna wrote:
John Boy wrote:And St. Pat?! Once again the writers expect contestants to know all these arcana about Christianity, such as when is St. Patrick's Day. WTF?!
If you don't know when St. Patrick's day is, how do you know when to wear green? (And avoid getting unwelcome pinches.)
You must've missed the "sarcasm alert" attached to my post. Sorry
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

falsifieddocuments wrote:
John Boy wrote:Confession: I don't know what King series FJ referred to. Any help appreciated.

I agree that Kathy's FJ wager was a head scratcher, as $3 more would insulate her as long as she answered correctly, but her actual bet exposed her to being caught from behind. What's up with that?!

And St. Pat?! Once again the writers expect contestants to know all these arcana about Christianity, such as when is St. Patrick's Day. WTF?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dark_T ... 8series%29

For some reason, I got The Dark Tower mixed up with His Dark Materials, so I thought this was Philip Pullman. Whoops.
Thanks for the link. More than I ever knew about this entire series. I'm a bit surprised at myself that he could have penned 8 volumes and called it his magnum opus and it never registered on my radar screen, but so it seems to be....
snpf
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by snpf »

It looked like the new champ was explaining a reason not to shake Alex's hand? I couldn't figure out what was going on at the end of the show. Thanks! Nicki
gloriaclemente
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gloriaclemente »

Nah, I'm just socially oblivious and I talk with my hands. Not sure what I was saying, but there it is...