Welcome to Think Different #150. Someone else was supposed to be before me, but I haven't seen anything, so here goes.
These are just a mix of questions a little heavy on the politics side, thanks to this being an election year. Here are the basic rules for this TD:
-- The object of the game is to supply the least popular correct answers to the questions supplied.
-- Your score on any given question is equal to the number of people (including yourself) who supply that same answer.
-- Incorrect answers will be scored at the amount of the sheep (most popular answer) plus five.
-- There is no penalty for a wrong guess on the two bonus questions.
-- Much like golf, low score wins.
-- Each player can DROP one question for a score of zero.
-- Please send your entries by PM. Do NOT post in this thread.
-- The deadline for submission will be 11:59 PM CDT on Wednesday, June 20.
-- Any questions can be sent to me by PM. I’ll post in the thread if I think a general clarification is needed.
-- If there is a tie, I will use the number of singletons achieved to break the tie, then doubletons, and so on.
-- As usual, no outside sources should be used.
1. Name a 2011-12 season NBA head coach who formerly played for or coached the San Antonio Spurs. Bonus: for a one point deduction in your score, name the team he was coaching this past season (10).
2. Name the current governor of a vowel state (as in a state that begins with a vowel) (12). I just need the name, not the state.
3. Name a woman who has won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction (previous to 1948, the award was called the Pulitzer Prize for Novel, so I’m talking 1948-present). Bonus: for a one point deduction in your score, name the work for which she won (17).
4. One of the versions of “The Scream” by Edvard Munch recently sold for $119.9 million, placing it at number seven on the list of the seventeen most expensive paintings ever sold (listings are based on inflation adjusted values in most cases). Name another artist whose work can be found on this list (10). Source: Business Insider
5. Name a future President who served in the House of Representatives with another future President (18).
6. Name a state that has had a female governor in the 21st century (18).
7. Name an author who has hit #1 on the New York Times bestseller list for adult fiction this year (2012). The website clarifies in this way: “a listing of adult fiction books which have made number one on the New York Times Best Seller List” (as of June 17) (21).
8. Name someone who has portrayed either John Connor or a Terminator (with a speaking part) in the film franchise. (If you think you’re giving me an answer that will throw me off, please let me know which movie and I’ll look it up) (9).
9. Name a President who first served in the House of Representatives and then the Senate (9).
10. Name a state that Al Gore won in the 2000 presidential election (20).
Edited to add:
--- I changed the deadline to an actual date - Wednesday, June 20.
--- I added above that there is no penalty for guessing on the two bonus questions.
Last edited by gamawire
on Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.