Finally... Think Different #150

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Re: Finally... Think Different #150

Post by Magna »

gamawire wrote:9. Name a President who first served in the House of Representatives and then the Senate.

The following (from Wikipedia) is a complete list of acceptable answers, which is going to upset a couple of you. And here’s my ruling: while it’s true that Gerald Ford was vice president and therefore president pro tem of the senate, the question asks for someone who served in the senate, which Ford did not. Feel free (as if I could stop you! :D ) to discuss.
Ford, like most VPs, did serve in the senate, which is what the question asked. For example, as president of the Senate he co-presided over the joint session of Congress where Nixon delivered his 1974 state of the union address. He didn't serve in the Senate as a senator, though that's not what the question asked. (Also, he was president of the senate, not president pro tem.)

Here's Ford hard at work (you can see him in the background beginning at :55).
http://abcnews.go.com/Archives/video/ja ... ss-9412241
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Many thanks Stacy and grats to usual suspects Paucle, gftt and billyp.... (he offered humbly.)
billy pilgrim
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by billy pilgrim »

YAY not an also-ran. Possibly a dark horse. Thanks much for the game, Gama. Nice q's for me and a very prompt and tidy reveal.
She caught the Katy and left me a mule to ride.