Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by dhkendall »

hbomb1947 wrote:NBC has a new sitcom under development about a group of friends who go to pub quizzes every week:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Pub-Bar ... eakingnews
Didn't Brad say at the BotD that he was working on something like that (in which he plays "a fictionalized, but not much, version of" himself)?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Rafferty Barnes »

Not just like it, with the exact same title. http://www.pubquizcomedy.com/ The only way this could be more a punch in the gut to him is if the casting notice called for "A Brad Rutter type" then they didn't cast him.
FireAntsDefense
This is the Big One

Post by FireAntsDefense »

hbomb1947 wrote:NBC has a new sitcom under development about a group of friends who go to pub quizzes every week:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/NBC-Pub-Bar ... eakingnews
Sounds an awful lot like http://pubquizcomedy.com, starring and executive produced by someone familiar.
Fleeboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Fleeboy »

Brad's version of Pub Quiz is listed on the IMDb as a "TV Movie"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3626568/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

The TV Guide article says that the "pub quiz phenomenon ... arrived in Southern California around six years ago." According to the O'Brien's web site, their quiz has been running continuously since 1998. My first trip to O'Brien's was in 2004 or 2005, nine or ten years ago, and at the time I had the impression it was already a well-established tradition that had been running for many years. I know the friends that invited me to come had been playing there for some time already. The Jeopardy! champ takeover came shortly thereafter.

ETA moreover O'Brien's was not the only long-running pub quiz in town in 2004/2005. There were probably dozens at that point. IIRC there was another one fairly nearby in Santa Monica. It wouldn't surprise me if there were actually hundreds of pub quizzes with varying degrees of continuity and attendance.
nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign »

I'm not sure what to think about this...
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Seven categories and two hosts? Not sure how that would work.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Bamaman wrote:Seven categories and two hosts? Not sure how that would work.
They make up for the seven categories by having one fewer clue per.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

They actually believe that politicians would pass the Jeopardy! entrance test? I laugh in their general direction.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Rafferty Barnes
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Rafferty Barnes »

dhkendall wrote:They actually believe that politicians would pass the Jeopardy! entrance test? I laugh in their general direction.
I'm sure a lot of them could. Many politicians were lawyers first, the main job category represented on Jeopardy. And some already have. I know John McCain was a champion in the Fleming era.
dnbguy

Post by dnbguy »

Rafferty Barnes wrote:
dhkendall wrote:They actually believe that politicians would pass the Jeopardy! entrance test? I laugh in their general direction.
I'm sure a lot of them could. Many politicians were lawyers first, the main job category represented on Jeopardy. And some already have. I know John McCain was a champion in the Fleming era.
There's also five time champion/defender of humanity's honor Rush Holt.
silverscreentest
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by silverscreentest »

http://ludology.libsyn.com/ludology-epi ... me-on-down

This is a podcast on board game design. This episode is over an hour long discussing game shows from the viewpoint of game design.
Silver Screen Test, my movie trivia game show. Watch some of the episodes On-Demand.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

There are board rules about this thread sinking to the bottom of page 2.

What is it, 1976?

Falcons: 56
Bucs: 7

Welcome to Thursday night football, CBS.

Things only get worse for the Bucs after tonight's Georgia Dome visit with trips to Heinz Field and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome for weeks 5 & 6.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MarkBarrett wrote:Things only get worse for the Bucs after tonight's Georgia Dome visit with trips to Heinz Field and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome for weeks 5 & 6.
I'm sensing 0-16 for my Bucs this year. Then they can be the only team to go 0-fer in both conferences.
zakharov

Post by zakharov »

Good try Scotland, better luck 300 years from now.
4-time pool swimmer - last audition June 2019
Follow me on Twitter @JakeMHS
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

MarkBarrett wrote:There are board rules about this thread sinking to the bottom of page 2.

What is it, 1976?

Things only get worse for the Bucs after tonight's Georgia Dome visit with trips to Heinz Field and the Mercedes-Benz Superdome for weeks 5 & 6.
I have the Seahawks defense on my fantasy team, but they play Peyton Manning this week, so I decided to pick up the Falcons' defense for this week. The final was 56-14, but they had two pick sixes and three other turnovers and a punt return TD. Along with my WR being Julio Jones, I had a pretty good night.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

MarkBarrett wrote:Welcome to Thursday night football, CBS.
And my first Jeopardy! pre-emption of the new season.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:There are board rules about this thread sinking to the bottom of page 2.

What is it, 1976?

I have the Seahawks defense on my fantasy team, but they play Peyton Manning this week, so I decided to pick up the Falcons' defense for this week. The final was 56-14, but they had two pick sixes and three other turnovers and a punt return TD. Along with my WR being Julio Jones, I had a pretty good night.
Arrr! The Buccos scored two unanswered 4th quarter TDs to close it to 56-14. Good for them, me mateys. It's walk the plank for me as it's weeks 4 & 5 for the Steelers & Saints. Week 6 is only hosting the Ravens.

econgator: They can't go 0-16 with the Vikings, Redskins, Bears, and Browns on the schedule or it really is a time travel back to the AFC West year.
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

nightreign wrote:Image
I'm not sure what to think about this...
Just the usual. Something as significant as J! being trivialized to become a vehicle for discussing something as inane as politics.

Not quite as bad as "Dancing Washington and Lincoln" being used to hawk cars for the "Presidents Day Sale," but almost....
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Wheel Of Fortune has once again aired a week of shows honouring [a] teacher. I counted 15 teachers so I cannot figure out which one it's all about. I know they did the same last year, but I'm not sure how long it's been going on.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.