Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Vanya
The support is non-zero

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Vanya »

skullturf
Married to a Jeopardy! Champion

Post by skullturf »

Somewhat related trivia question:

What 1984 song by a very successful band gets the time of day of the assassination wrong?
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

skullturf wrote:Somewhat related trivia question:

What 1984 song by a very successful band gets the time of day of the assassination wrong?
Pride (In the Name of Love)

"early morning, April 4"
georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Post by georgespelvin »

As a number of you (particularly Gnash) get annoyed at Jeopardy science clues, here is evidence that the disease is widespread in TV dramas. http://www.cracked.com/article_19160_8- ... ology.html
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Once again hoping to draw on the knowledge of the minions here -- I'm having problems with my company's email being rejected because of a reverse DNS issue. Anyone knowledgeable enough and willing to help me figure it out? Please PM me and thanks in advance.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

jpahk wrote:since 50-question online quizzes are currently in vogue, i present to you my latest sporcle creation, the L.B. quiz. i'd say it's a couple notches harder than the jeopardy test. the eagle-eyed among you may notice one answer in common with last night's test.

enjoy!
Today I played your new one and it is just as good: http://www.sporcle.com/games/jpahk/ap-test

Nice shout out to a boardie and I approve the athlete used. It was also a proud feeling to get the 2nd hardest one correct.
skullturf
Married to a Jeopardy! Champion

Post by skullturf »

MarkBarrett wrote:
jpahk wrote:since 50-question online quizzes are currently in vogue, i present to you my latest sporcle creation, the L.B. quiz. i'd say it's a couple notches harder than the jeopardy test. the eagle-eyed among you may notice one answer in common with last night's test.

enjoy!
Today I played your new one and it is just as good: http://www.sporcle.com/games/jpahk/ap-test

Nice shout out to a boardie and I approve the athlete used. It was also a proud feeling to get the 2nd hardest one correct.
That was a good one. I did slightly better on the A.P. one than on the L.B. one.

I only missed three on A.P. -- and they were three of the hardest four.

Nice puzzle.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

I missed 10, but, as a consolation prize, I got the current second (and fourth) hardest clues.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

So...apparently in the past 20 years, movie soundtracks have been pumping the bass to insane levels for I don't know why.

Oblivion trailer before JP in the IMAX theater: groundshaking. Literally. The ground shook. Chairs vibrated.
But here's the crazy bit, all throughout Jurassic Park, it never reached those levels. Even when the T-Rex roared, the theater did not shake. It was loud, it was low, yet clear and effective. I probably wouldn't have even noticed if not for the Oblivion trailer (which, seriously, was just a 90 second bone massage...)
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): WIthnail & I (7), An Autumn Afternoon (7), Europa Europa (7), Tampopo (9)
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

So I'm on the phone with Comcast and they tell me to enter my account number "one digit at a time..." Has anyone here mastered the technique of entering two digits at the same time?
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

MarkBarrett wrote:Today I played your new one and it is just as good: http://www.sporcle.com/games/jpahk/ap-test
I tried "atmospheric particulates" for one of the answers until I realized he was after something significantly simpler. Duh. :D
jpahk
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by jpahk »

MarkBarrett wrote:Today I played your new one and it is just as good: http://www.sporcle.com/games/jpahk/ap-test

oh hey, thanks. glad you liked it, and thanks for posting the link, thus saving me the trouble. which athlete did you approve of? there are three questions about athletes, i think (NFL, golf, baseball).
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

jpahk wrote:

oh hey, thanks. glad you liked it, and thanks for posting the link, thus saving me the trouble. which athlete did you approve of? there are three questions about athletes, i think (NFL, golf, baseball).
For some reason, I think Mark has Vikings ties.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

econgator wrote:
jpahk wrote:

They dress very formally for football games in Minnesota, I guess.
jkbrat
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jkbrat »

MarkBarrett wrote:
jpahk wrote:i present to you my latest sporcle creation
It was good - very challenging! I missed 8, I think. Also got the 2nd-hardest one correct (think it was on J! within the last year).

Missed one (and lost a bit of time) because
Spoiler
I couldn't think of a better way to spell astral in "Astral Plain" (you know, that flat grassy place where spirits hang out)
There are times I almost think I am not sure of what I absolutely knooooooooo-OW

Learn, Review, Repeat

A Archipelago
red_chucks
Contributor

Post by red_chucks »

Vanya wrote:So I'm on the phone with Comcast and they tell me to enter my account number "one digit at a time..." Has anyone here mastered the technique of entering two digits at the same time?
Like Moe's jabbing Curly's eyes? Or Chopsticks?

I have eight fingers and two thumbs, and the phone has 10 numbers on it, so depending on the account number, I might be tempted to try play them all at once.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

econgator wrote:
jpahk wrote:

Yes, the Vikings are my team even though I've lived in S.F. my whole life, so the NFL guy was the athlete I had in mind. Besides everyone knows golfers and pitchers are not athletes. Kidding. Just kidding.
xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx »

MarkBarrett wrote:Yes, the Vikings are my team even though I've lived in S.F. my whole life
Seriously?

I can't imagine rooting for a losing team (even with Brett Favre at QB for a while), while my hometown team wins 4 Super Bowls, and all I have to show for it recently is a crushing CCG loss and a questionable QB situation.

*sigh*
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

xxaaaxx wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:Yes, the Vikings are my team even though I've lived in S.F. my whole life
Seriously?

I can't imagine rooting for a losing team (even with Brett Favre at QB for a while), while my hometown team wins 4 Super Bowls, and all I have to show for it recently is a crushing CCG loss and a questionable QB situation.
*sigh*
Put "Tarkenton" into the search box and that will get you to to the July 31, 2012 thread where I gave the explanation last summer. And I'm old enough to remember all 5 Super Bowl wins for SF.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

As long as we're sporcling, I decided to pop my cherry and my first one ever is live now.
Get your ears on and let me know what you think?
Fixes/ edits/ oopsie-alerts definitely appreciated!

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Paucle/breaker-breaker