Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by jeff6286 »

Not to ruin a good joke, but wouldn't that be the North Dakota side? Or maybe the Wyoming side would be more accurate? I'm having trouble determining exactly which way the Presidents face.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

jeff6286 wrote:Not to ruin a good joke, but wouldn't that be the North Dakota side? Or maybe the Wyoming side would be more accurate? I'm having trouble determining exactly which way the Presidents face.
Only on here would that even be a topic of discussion.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Bamaman wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:Not to ruin a good joke, but wouldn't that be the North Dakota side? Or maybe the Wyoming side would be more accurate? I'm having trouble determining exactly which way the Presidents face.
Oh good, and here I was going to say that the heads actually were supposed to have bodies (and you can see the start of the scultping of Washington's torso), but it didn't get done - but I decided not to pitch in because I thought it'd be seen as obsessive. :)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

For the record, the heads face kinda southeast.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

dhkendall wrote:
Bamaman wrote:
Oh good, and here I was going to say that the heads actually were supposed to have bodies (and you can see the start of the scultping of Washington's torso), but it didn't get done - but I decided not to pitch in because I thought it'd be seen as obsessive. :)
Yes, and I always get a little annoyed when a clue refers to when Mount Rushmore was completed. When I visited Mount Rushmore in 1998, I learned that it was never completed. I am just glad they didn't start at the feet and work up.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
OrangeSAM
(Unranked)

Post by OrangeSAM »

alietr wrote:For the record, the heads face kinda southeast.
And the rumps are roughly North by Northwest.
OCSam
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

Joke's on us, then. If that's what the Canadians see, their eyesight kicks total ass.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I think they are farting in the Canadians' general direction.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Yeah, so there's this new TV series supposed to be premiering tonight on CTV. I set my DVR to catch it, but I tuned in at 10 to watch it 'live', and there's some US football game on.

WTH?

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

bpmod wrote:Yeah, so there's this new TV series supposed to be premiering tonight on CTV. I set my DVR to catch it, but I tuned in at 10 to watch it 'live', and there's some US football game on.

WTH?

Brian
You would have been much more confused if you had tuned in about 90 minutes earlier, when they were airing a football stadium that didn't have a football game going on.

*ETA* I was curious about what the debuting show was supposed to be, and now I see that it is Motive, a new Canadian police procedural drama television series. It is also scheduled to air on ABC this summer for those of us south of the border, so don't be giving out any spoilers, Brian.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

jeff6286 wrote:*ETA* I was curious about what the debuting show was supposed to be, and now I see that it is Motive, a new Canadian police procedural drama television series. It is also scheduled to air on ABC this summer for those of us south of the border, so don't be giving out any spoilers, Brian.
Hey. After the first run, it's no longer a spoiler. So, all bets are off.

Brian

billy pilgrim

Post by billy pilgrim »

PBS is showing 'Prime Suspect" with the fabulous Helen Mirren, and "DCI Banks". Both excellent British police procedurals.
She caught the Katy and left me a mule to ride.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

billy pilgrim wrote:PBS is showing 'Prime Suspect" with the fabulous Helen Mirren, and "DCI Banks". Both excellent British police procedurals.
I've never seen either of those. I'll have to check them out sometime.

Brian

Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

DCI Banks? As in the series of books by Peter Robinson? Can't wait!
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

Johnblue wrote:DCI Banks? As in the series of books by Peter Robinson? Can't wait!
Yep. I think there have been three eps so far. Don't know about your PBS station, but here they're on at 9pm central on Saturday. And each one is 90 minutes. I still haven't quite gotten used to the timing - just around when I think they'll start wrapping it up, it gets more complicated first. Too many years of watching 1 hr (really 40-45 minutes, I guess) crime shows on TV has apparently affected my neural pathways.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

No one has mentioned Alex's cameo on How I Met Your Mother last night?!?!?
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

alietr wrote:No one has mentioned Alex's cameo on How I Met Your Mother last night?!?!?
I was going to, but I always forget that this is the proper thread for things like that.
That was quite the Canadian smorgasbord, in fact.
Dave Coulier wins the episode, hands down.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

That show's still on? By the time the narrator finishes the story, his audience (in-series) will have completely turned over and they'll have to re-title it How I Met Your Grandmother.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Paucle wrote:That show's still on? By the time the narrator finishes the story, his audience (in-series) will have completely turned over and they'll have to re-title it How I Met Your Grandmother.
They just renewed it for next season, its 9th...and announced that next season would be its final season.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

Ran across this from the BBC today...
Crossword first, because the articles have spoilers (In fact, don't even load the articles in separate tabs if you don't want spoilers)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/crosswords/cryptic/25842

And the articles:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20997052 (text only)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21347467 (video piece)
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)