"JeoparScore" App

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

"JeoparScore" App

Post by Rackme32 »

Anyone seen this? I have it on my iPad, and my guess is there's an Android version, too.

It's called JeoparScore, and it's been out for the iPad since early 2012. (best thing; it's FREE)

It allows you to easily keep your score as you play along with J! (or J! Archives), and it's easy to keep your Coryat score, too...

I rarely bothered doing Coryat with paper/pencil, but it's really, really easy to do with this app.

I played tonight's game and got a 26,400... Much better than the handful of games I've done off the Archive with this thingy since I installed
it last weekend, but probably won't be typical of my results...
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: "JeoparScore" App

Post by econgator »

Rackme32 wrote:Anyone seen this? I have it on my iPad, and my guess is there's an Android version, too.
Looks like the Android equivalent is called Jeopardy! Calculator.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

econgator wrote:
Rackme32 wrote:Anyone seen this? I have it on my iPad, and my guess is there's an Android version, too.
Looks like the Android equivalent is called Jeopardy! Calculator.
I have used that one - it is free and takes up a tiny amount of memory on the phone (28kB). It is perfect for a quick Coryat calculation if I can't find a piece of paper nearby.
ThreeIfByAir
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by ThreeIfByAir »

Oh, I could have done with that! I made printed Coryat sheets and used those... oh well, too late now :)
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

ThreeIfByAir wrote:Oh, I could have done with that! I made printed Coryat sheets and used those... oh well, too late now :)
It doesn't keep track of what questions you got right/wrong (*really* good for determining strengths/weaknesses), or save scores, or compare your scores from the previous airing of the episode if you watched a repeat from last season. All good things to do (which I keep track of in my Excel files). But for fun playing along at home, and down-and-dirty final Coryat totals, sure!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Fishercat
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Fishercat »

Yeah, I tried using it tonight. OK. I think there might be a niche market for a pro one that lets you input categories, mark your right/wrong on a board, etc. I'll stick to the Excel/Hand Written sheets.
jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jfrumkin »

I just started using it last night for pure fun, playing against my wife. Really fun and easy, thanks for the heads-up!
Twitter: @jfrumkin
plasticene
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by plasticene »

I tried theJeopardy! Calculator Android app and another one called Jeopardy Scorer. Jeopardy Scorer was more enjoyable to use and more functional.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

Is there some equivalent for the PC?
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

Paucle wrote:Is there some equivalent for the PC?
There's this.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

that suits me fine! thank you so much! :)
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

Paucle wrote:that suits me fine! thank you so much! :)
Happy to help! I'd like to see an app for Android that will save games and also record which clues were clams, negs, and correct responses.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Actually, what I'd really like to see is an app that really compares my scores and judges how I've done over time. I record my right/wrongs as well as total Coryats, which are all helpful when I watch a repeat show because then I can see how I've done better, but now I'm starting to have seen the same episode 3 tiems (my old way of recording was useful for only having seen an episode twice). Plus, I'd like to see actual stats for categories and topics, to help me prepare for The Test in a few months.

Paging Roger Craig, someone here thinks making an app of your analytical analysis machine would be a money-making venture! :)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Nomad1
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Nomad1 »

I also want to recomend iPad game based on J! Archives for practice during the trips, weekends, whatever. It's in my signature
Last edited by Nomad1 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
I play Jeopardy! on iPhone: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id556554983
kongress

Post by kongress »

Nomad1: Checked out your app and liked it. Were you just scraping the JArchive site live for your data or have your pulled down all the data to a DB and are running queries against it? Any plans to add more features to the app such as what dhkendall is talking about, or maybe a full-featured browser for the JArchive site for those who don't want random questions?

dhkendall: Does JArchive store the clues with associations with topics? Are those well defined in some way? Associating performance with categories would be easy enough...

I'm thinking about putting together an app frontend for JArchive, but want to make sure I'm not reinventing the wheel. Thoughts?
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

FWIW, the "Jeopardy Scorer" app has just been updated. Now it remembers your high score, and a vertical orientation is coming soon. Not exactly the changes I wanted, but maybe it's a good sign.
KathyWellsville
Contributor

Post by KathyWellsville »

have been using Jeoparscore for regular daily shows, plus the reruns shown in the afternoon. I'm averaging around $40,000 per game. I DONT do any doubles, simply treating it as a regular question.
khiddy
Contributor

Post by khiddy »

Sadly, the app that Nomad1 posted no longer works (at least, not in the US version of the Apple App Store). I really wish there was a way to test myself against the J-Archive on the go with an app! Still paging Roger Craig!
BMahon9

Post by BMahon9 »

I know this thread has been quiet for a while, but I'm the JeoparScore developer and I've recently revamped the app. It now tracks all scores over time. I'm thinking about two different expansions, but I'm not really not sure they're worth it. The first was mentioned, tracking categories to determine strengths and weaknesses, and developing a clue database from old shows so you can directly compete on a question by question basis with historical competitors, seeing them at the podium. If the rewritten JeoparScore I've made gets traction on the app store and on social media (Facebook/Twitter) then maybe I'll explore these expansions more fully. Thoughts?