The Rankest Thread Imaginable

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Miss Mellie
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: The Rankest Thread Imaginable

Post by Miss Mellie »

As I was leaving the green room, Corina handed me my parting gift: a Jeopardy tote bag. I asked "Does it have a giant bottle of Aleve inside?" Alas, no. Just a Jeopardy baseball cap that even I'm not nerdy enough to actually wear.

What's up, Aleve? Why you holdin' out on us?
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Just don't wear it backwards

Post by Rex Kramer »

Miss Mellie wrote:As I was leaving the green room, Corina handed me my parting gift: a Jeopardy tote bag. I asked "Does it have a giant bottle of Aleve inside?" Alas, no. Just a Jeopardy baseball cap that even I'm not nerdy enough to actually wear.
Hey! If you're not nerdy enough to actually wear your Jeopardy! baseball cap, you're not nerdy enough.

Rex
Turd Ferguson
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Turd Ferguson »

Miss Mellie wrote:As I was leaving the green room, Corina handed me my parting gift: a Jeopardy tote bag. I asked "Does it have a giant bottle of Aleve inside?" Alas, no. Just a Jeopardy baseball cap that even I'm not nerdy enough to actually wear.

What's up, Aleve? Why you holdin' out on us?
They're giving out caps now? Aww... they gave me a pen. I gave them my heart, they gave me a pen.
Miss Mellie
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Miss Mellie »

It says "Get a clue!" across the back.

A girl's gotta have some standards.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Now that I have this account, I'd like it to say "Not J! Contestant Material" too.
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Post by MDaunt »

Miss Mellie wrote:It says "Get a clue!" across the back.

A girl's gotta have some standards.
I'll trade you for a lightly soiled and somewhat paint-stained UTOC sweatshirt.
vellore
Jeopardy! Winner....of $1

Post by vellore »

Just wondering if I can be "Jeopardy! Winner....of $1"
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

vellore wrote:Just wondering if I can be "Jeopardy! Winner....of $1"
What, they cheated you out of the other $999?
vellore
Jeopardy! Winner....of $1

Post by vellore »

alietr wrote:
vellore wrote:Just wondering if I can be "Jeopardy! Winner....of $1"
What, they cheated you out of the other $999?

Well, I actually haven't received anything yet, and withholding tax will take some. It's more just to represent my virtual post-FJ total, rather than actual winnings.
okstater04
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by okstater04 »

Yeah, the hat is a nice token, but seriously, who would ever wear that? I would have much preferred the Jeopardy! Wii game, or a year's supply of Turtle Wax.

Now that I've aired, can I get "Jeopardy Contestant" under my screen name? Thanks!
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

okstater04 wrote:Yeah, the hat is a nice token, but seriously, who would ever wear that? I would have much preferred the Jeopardy! Wii game, or a year's supply of Turtle Wax.

Now that I've aired, can I get "Jeopardy Contestant" under my screen name? Thanks!
But if I'd gotten a Wii game I'd have had to buy a Wii game system. Wait, maybe there's not much downside there...
I actually wore my hat the day after I got home. Was fun at the grocery store (though nobody commented.) It's a very nice hat, not just a piece of crap that happens to say Jeopardy! And my ponytail fits perfectly through the little hole (I always have hair problems with ballcaps.)
John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by John Boy »

debramc wrote:
okstater04 wrote:Yeah, the hat is a nice token, but seriously, who would ever wear that? I would have much preferred the Jeopardy! Wii game, or a year's supply of Turtle Wax.

But if I'd gotten a Wii game I'd have had to buy a Wii game system. Wait, maybe there's not much downside there...
I actually wore my hat the day after I got home. Was fun at the grocery store (though nobody commented.) It's a very nice hat, not just a piece of crap that happens to say Jeopardy! And my ponytail fits perfectly through the little hole (I always have hair problems with ballcaps.)
Good for YOU, debramc!

All these hoity-toity types who think a J! cap isn't stylish enough, or whatever, I don't know what to make of them. I'm darned proud of mine, and I'll be wearing it again tonight as I sit at this keyboard and take the test again.

Frankly, I'd wear it to church if I thought that would help get me on the show.

P.S. no one, and I mean no one, has ever said ANYTHING was too nerdy for me.
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

It's a ballcap, therefore redneck. It says "Jeopardy!" on the front, and "get a clue" on the back, therefore nerdy.
I don't get a lot of chances to be nerdy and redneck at the same time!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Personally, I *very* rarely wear hats, I'm not a hat person. (In fact, when I'm in a play, I kind of like it when my character wears a hat, because I keep that as a physical way of separating myself from the character).

However, I would wear a J! hat for the novelty of it.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Asphodel
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Asphodel »

Just now realized this thread was here...definitely want to get rid of "Valued Contributor" (yuck), so please make me a "Jeopardy Champion." Thanks!
http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=6939
thejeopardyfan
(Unranked)

Post by thejeopardyfan »

I haven't checked everyone's rank, but most (maybe all) "valued contributors" really are just that.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

thejeopardyfan wrote:I haven't checked everyone's rank, but most (maybe all) "valued contributors" really are just that.
I think it ups you to "Loyal Jeopardista" after you make a certain number of posts. (I want to say 150 or 200, but I'm not sure.)
PlayerWM86
Contributor

Post by PlayerWM86 »

I've been thinking of a few titles myself, but what really comes to mind for me under my screen name is "Cool-Looking Contestant Hunter/Clumsiest Gray-Haired Jeopardista".
Avid J! watcher since 1989 & failing at J! video games since 1995.
ennie
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by ennie »

Jeopardy Contestant (September 27, 1991). One of my big regrets is that I was a "Jeopardy!" loser. But if I'd won once, then I'd regret not having won twice, and so on until I'd regret not winning the TOC or the UTOC or whatever. So unless you're KenJen, there's always some level of disappointment.

In 1991, they didn't take individual pictures of contestants with Alex and I'm not tech-savvy enough to make one from the VCR tape. I do have a picture of myself with Martha Stewart (was a brief "guest" from the audience on a crossword show in 2008), but it was too big to be an avatar here.
Doug527
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Doug527 »

ennie wrote:Jeopardy Contestant (September 27, 1991). One of my big regrets is that I was a "Jeopardy!" loser. But if I'd won once, then I'd regret not having won twice, and so on until I'd regret not winning the TOC or the UTOC or whatever. So unless you're KenJen, there's always some level of disappointment.
Every Jeopardy! contestant eventually loses. I'm sure even Ken was disappointed eventually, even if only a small period of time before he received his $2.5 million check in the mail. Don't have any regrets! You got to the big show!
Lifelong enthusiast. Season 28 contestant.