LL71: For The LLamas

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

LL71: For The LLamas

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

LL71 is nearly upon us. It's time to make LearnedLeague great again! (Too soon?) If you are interested in joining a private rundle in addition to your assigned rundle, you are cordially invited to join mine. Note that you must be at least a Premier member (the $50/year option) to join a private rundle.

Rundle Name: Rundle in the Jundle 2
Registration Code: llamasrulle
Last edited by BigDaddyMatty on Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sprinkles are for winners.
boson
Trivial

Re: LL71: For The LLamas

Post by boson »

Sounds great - but I wasn't able to join with the rundle name and password as listed. Rundle name and password are both case sensitive - is something incorrect there?
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

boson wrote:Sounds great - but I wasn't able to join with the rundle name and password as listed. Rundle name and password are both case sensitive - is something incorrect there?
Turns out I was too cute by half. The registration code is llamasrulle.
Sprinkles are for winners.
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

I am ready for more private rundle jboardie action! Thanks for setting it up. Remember the deadline is soon!

The LL71 registration deadline is now 9am PT (5:00pm GMT) on Thursday, November 10. Note that this is the deadline for registering for (or withdrawing from) LL71, and also for renewing any expiring memberships, and also for joining a private rundle.
AleBelly
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by AleBelly »

In! Thanks, BDM
quarterrican
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by quarterrican »

I'm game - thanks for setting up!
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

BigDaddyMatty wrote:
boson wrote:Sounds great - but I wasn't able to join with the rundle name and password as listed. Rundle name and password are both case sensitive - is something incorrect there?
Turns out I was too cute by half. The registration code is llamasrulle.
More like too cute by fifty. #RomanNumerals
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Anyone else really anticipating the new season, and can't wait for the rundle assignments to be populated? Since I have a new referral this season, I'm more anxious than others. Can't wait to see his name among the few, the proud, the LLamas.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Blue Lion
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Blue Lion »

Opening Day of LL71 coincides with our public library's trivia competition. Got to keep those brain cells sharp!
quarterrican
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by quarterrican »

The season is all lined up now, and I apparently benefitted from some off-season moves - I finished one spot out of promotion last year but find myself promoted anyway, to B Horizon. I don't expect a long stay but I'm looking forward to the challenge!
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

We have a ronin with a career.883 qpct in our rundle this season. Easily .100 higher than anyone else in the rundle. Last season's winner was also a ronin.

I hope these ronin don't turn into a class of ringers that move from league to league dominating us mortals. It kinda seems that way right now in A.
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

I'm in Chorizo N Div 2 with Blue Lion, caknuck, tjconn, and... superchamp thethirdmoose, who I get to face not once, but twice.
I missed the cutoff for B Horizon by one place.
Hoping for a third lap
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

I was surprised to see A Badlands getting 28 people instead of 26, and one of the two people I don't play is BarrientosB (not exactly sure which JBoard username he is), whom I hadn't played before. Hopefully, I get to play against him in LL72. I'm apparently now the great-grandreferrer of one of the newest members of BBC's Eggheads, Beth Webster. I guess this now means I'm the eighth best quizzer in my LLineage.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Back in C PAC 2 for the third season.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

I'll be spending my sophomore season in Rundle C Horizon, Division 2. Anyone else in that division?
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

econgator wrote:Back in C PAC 2 for the third season.
Me too, though fifth consecutive in some flavor of C Pac. This is the first time we've been in the same rundle that we play each other only once.

I will play my referral OSXpert for the first time this season. I also see some of the usual suspects dnbguy and Volante. MRaff is over in C Pac 1.
jjwaymee

Post by jjwaymee »

I'm back for my fifth consecutive season in Horizon B. It's good to see some familiar faces.
clprez

Post by clprez »

I am demoted to E Continental 1 this season. I am happy because towards the end of last season it was really discouraging to have so many losses.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Cat Hammarskjold wrote:BarrientosB (not exactly sure which JBoard username he is)
edit: wrong answer
Last edited by seaborgium on Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

I (FrankJ) got an unexpected promotion to the new A Fjord, despite finishing 11th in my B Rundle last season. It looks like I was the last player selected, as 2 presumptive A Fjord players are sitting out the season, leaving just enough spots. Using last season's stats, I rank 26th of 26th in TCA, and the Rundle averaged .760 question percentage, which would have been around the 10th best A Rundle. This may be a bumpy ride.