Secret Bunker News

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Secret Bunker News

Post by opusthepenguin »

Plactus wrote:College bowl games are going on until Monday; most of those are on ESPN, but there are a couple on networks. I think my affiliate is going to be preempted tomorrow for the Sun Bowl, so I'd like to request tomorrow's game be uploaded, please.
You got it.
Plactus
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Plactus »

opusthepenguin wrote:
Plactus wrote:College bowl games are going on until Monday; most of those are on ESPN, but there are a couple on networks. I think my affiliate is going to be preempted tomorrow for the Sun Bowl, so I'd like to request tomorrow's game be uploaded, please.
You got it.
Oh, what has science wrought? I sought only to turn a man into a metal-encased juggernaut of destruction powered by the unknown properties of a mysterious living crystal. How could this have all gone wrong?
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Today's game is up.
Plactus

Post by Plactus »

opusthepenguin wrote:Today's game is up.
Awesome. Thank you again.
Oh, what has science wrought? I sought only to turn a man into a metal-encased juggernaut of destruction powered by the unknown properties of a mysterious living crystal. How could this have all gone wrong?
mhepbaum
Contributor

Post by mhepbaum »

Is there any chance tonight's episode can be uploaded? I just found out I have to be at a meeting for work...

Thank you so much either way! The secret bunker has been a lifesaver for this cable-cutter. So much nicer than awkwardly propping up an old phone to record my TV screen while I leave it on for 4 hours while I'm gone...
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

mhepbaum wrote:Is there any chance tonight's episode can be uploaded? I just found out I have to be at a meeting for work...

Thank you so much either way! The secret bunker has been a lifesaver for this cable-cutter. So much nicer than awkwardly propping up an old phone to record my TV screen while I leave it on for 4 hours while I'm gone...
I'm encoding it now. Allow half an hour for that and another half hour for the upload and it should be there.
flutist319
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by flutist319 »

Thanks for the upload from me as well! The episode got preempted in my area, or my DVR's not working properly, or something.
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

EDIT: I made a request to have today's game uploaded, but in the meantime I found another source, thanks anyway.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

There's probably going to be a big need for Tuesday, 10 Jan, since Obama is giving his farewell address that day.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

Volante wrote:There's probably going to be a big need for Tuesday, 10 Jan, since Obama is giving his farewell address that day.
Fare Well? Or Welfare? Because that's where he left us... IMHO. :evil:
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

An idiot at an airport caused the show to be missed here. Any help would be appreciated.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

I'll have it up in an hour or two. And, goatman, if you try to put politics in my thread again, I swear I'll change the bunker password and PM it to everyone but you. :evil:
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

goatman wrote:
Volante wrote:There's probably going to be a big need for Tuesday, 10 Jan, since Obama is giving his farewell address that day.
I agree, I'm worried about our welfare once he's out.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

seaborgium wrote:
goatman wrote:
I agree, I'm worried about our welfare once he's out.
Ok, we had one shot so a counter-shot is fair. But I'm serious when I say I'll take the whole bunker offline if there are more political comments in this thread.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Had a request for tonight's game so it's up at the bunker.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

opusthepenguin wrote:Had a request for tonight's game so it's up at the bunker.
I know I put in the warning, but I'm honestly surprised no one has actually reported a preemption yet.
(Personally, I was minutes away from needing it myself; only missed up to the 2nd category reveal. It was still very much appreciated.)
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote:
opusthepenguin wrote:Had a request for tonight's game so it's up at the bunker.
I know I put in the warning, but I'm honestly surprised no one has actually reported a preemption yet.
(Personally, I was minutes away from needing it myself; only missed up to the 2nd category reveal. It was still very much appreciated.)
After the farewell speech and post chat was done J! came on a touch late as Alex was welcoming back Blair. About ten minutes in one of those EAS flash flood warnings came through (Napa county) and it was the kind that takes over the whole system instead of the less intrusive crawl. Comcast then decided it needed to reboot the whole system which ate up more clues.

Having seen the game earlier through the reddit avenue made the intrusions bearable.

Tomorrow morning at 8 a news conference is scheduled, so if I check my recording later to find out that Live with Kelly did not air in its entirety when it airs at 9 that will be a minor annoyance.

Friday the morning the 20th is guaranteed to affect the airing of the talk shows + Millionaire I enjoy.
TreeOfHeaven
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by TreeOfHeaven »

MarkBarrett wrote:Friday the morning the 20th is guaranteed to affect the airing of the talk shows + Millionaire I enjoy.
The afternoon of the 20th *may* yield some extra requests from the Midwest, just saying.
Hippest of the square, and squarest among the hip...
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Any chance of tonight's being posted? I don't know if there was an Inauguration special or something, but it didn't show up on my DVR. Bastards.
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote:Any chance of tonight's being posted? I don't know if there was an Inauguration special or something, but it didn't show up on my DVR. Bastards.
Encoding now. Give an hour to 90 minutes.