LL71: For The LLamas

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: LL71: For The LLamas

Post by econgator »

ouachiouat wrote:On another note, I wonder if Branch KendallDH has the highest percentage of people not based in the US. Of the 22 who participated in LL71, 12 were from the States, 7 from Canada, 2 from China, and 1 from New Zealand. Of the 2 in the branch that didn't do LL71, 1 was in the States and 1 was in Canada. Pretty cool!
I think there are some branches that are 100% non-US.
cmp146
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by cmp146 »

econgator wrote:
ouachiouat wrote:On another note, I wonder if Branch KendallDH has the highest percentage of people not based in the US. Of the 22 who participated in LL71, 12 were from the States, 7 from Canada, 2 from China, and 1 from New Zealand. Of the 2 in the branch that didn't do LL71, 1 was in the States and 1 was in Canada. Pretty cool!
For example, SimpsonF has a roster of all Canadian direct referrals, and I got bored before checking more than the first few second level referrals before I found a couple from California. So not 100%, but pretty darn high. While exploring the list of Ontario llamas, I also discovered that there are more new llamas in our small Kingston Ontario! At this rate we might have enough for a meet-up.
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

RandyG wrote:Thorsten posted the realignments for the 4 new leagues in LL72: http://learnedleague.com/viewtopic.php? ... 930#p95930
Only one group out of Fro, and only one person out from A. Looks like my 5th place in B won't be enough to get me promoted. Sad.
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
cf1140 wrote:I see Julia Collins and Alex Jacob were former participants in LL. Anyone remember what level they were? (I'm guessing A).
Julia Collins's last season she was A Frontier (this was also my one and only season in A).

Alex Jacobs had a forfeiting problem, and I don't know that he ever rose above Rookie.
He was in the old A Murder back in LL55, when he beat me on MD25.
In and out of the pool four times
ouachiouat
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by ouachiouat »

cmp146 wrote:
econgator wrote:
For example, SimpsonF has a roster of all Canadian direct referrals, and I got bored before checking more than the first few second level referrals before I found a couple from California. So not 100%, but pretty darn high. While exploring the list of Ontario llamas, I also discovered that there are more new llamas in our small Kingston Ontario! At this rate we might have enough for a meet-up.
That's why I said "I wonder if..." In other words, I'm too lazy to look it up, but I'm indirectly communicating that I hope some of you already have or are intrigued enough to do it yourselves. Ha!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

ouachiouat wrote:http://www.learnedleague.com/viewtopic. ... 935#p95935

Looks like several of us are heading to the Prairie. In an interesting twist, I'll now be in the same league as my brother. Depending on how things are adjusted, we may face off soon. I guess you could say that if he'd actually talk with someone in our family, it would bring new meaning to being a Prairie Home Companion.

On another note, I wonder if Branch KendallDH has the highest percentage of people not based in the US. Of the 22 who participated in LL71, 12 were from the States, 7 from Canada, 2 from China, and 1 from New Zealand. Of the 2 in the branch that didn't do LL71, 1 was in the States and 1 was in Canada. Pretty cool!
Well, if anyone's going to bring in Canadians ... :) (I didn't know here were two Chinese LLamas in my branch, that's cool!)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
ouachiouat

Post by ouachiouat »

dhkendall wrote:
Well, if anyone's going to bring in Canadians ... :) (I didn't know here were two Chinese LLamas in my branch, that's cool!)
Well, if anyone's going to bring in Chinese ... :)

One of them is me, and the other is my referral. We're both Americans, though have both lived here for a long time and decided to post our current location. Now to convince him to stay on, unlike my past two referrals....
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

I think this is fair to say. The Pretty Little Liars 1Day is worth looking at, even if you've never seen the show.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

I playtested the upcoming Gymnastics 1DS. I think the quiz stuck its landing without any intermediate falls during the routine.
goatman
Man Who Stares At Goats!

Post by goatman »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:I think this is fair to say. The Pretty Little Liars 1Day is worth looking at, even if you've never seen the show.
Like most of the 1-D games that dig so deep into the weeds I did look at this one and NHO any reference in 12 clues nor were half even comprehensible to me.

IDK why do the authors of these things get down into the microweave in the carpet FCS Sheesh! Just another waste of my busy day IMHO... so sorry! :?

I did enjoy the Mercury 7 clues and missed a perfecta by one clue, I gave Grissom instead of Carpenter, failure to read that the clue asked for 2nd man to ORBIT vs. launch, doh! :x
The corridors of my mind are plastered with 3M Post-It notes!
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Who else played the Pac-12 one day? I was shocked that Q3 (golf) played the second most difficult. What else could it have been? If anyone missed it I'd be interested to know what sport you guessed.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

This Is Kirk! wrote:Who else played the Pac-12 one day? I was shocked that Q3 (golf) played the second most difficult. What else could it have been? If anyone missed it I'd be interested to know what sport you guessed.
I got it right but tennis is a plausible answer.
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

This Is Kirk! wrote:Who else played the Pac-12 one day? I was shocked that Q3 (golf) played the second most difficult. What else could it have been? If anyone missed it I'd be interested to know what sport you guessed.
Tennis, gymnastics, and cross-country all have team and individual champions.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

teapot37 wrote:
Good call. I think I'll throw out gymnastics because, although there's probably an all-around champ, I don't think you'd say "...the individual title" since there would also be apparatus titles. Men's gymnastics also seems like a sport that would be very unlikely to be fielded by all 12 schools.

Tennis is basically as good a guess as golf, so I'm glad it never crossed my mind! :)
patkav
The Chicago Mauler

Post by patkav »

I didn't wind up submitting, but my guess for that was wrestling.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

patkav wrote:
I didn't wind up submitting, but my guess for that was wrestling.
Same issue as gymnastics, there is no singular individual champion. College wrestling has ten weight classes.
OSXpert

Post by OSXpert »

I had swimming for that question
RichmondJ
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by RichmondJ »

teapot37 wrote:
Yep - I guessed cross country, because Oregon.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

I derped on Q3 and chose "gymnastics". Couldn't come up with Kordell Stewart. My answer as "Michigan alum here. I've tried to blot that game out of my memory".
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

That Antarctica 1DS played much harder than I expected. I finished in the top half despite going 5/12 and missing one of the moneys.
Hoping for a third lap