Post here if you're looking for a TD editor or co-host

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post here if you're looking for a TD editor or co-host

Post by RandyG »

As the "keeper of the TD castle" I get a fair number of requests from TD hosts who are looking for a fellow boardie to either edit or co-host their TD.

For hosts, use this thread to post your request. And for potential editors or co-hosts, if you have the interest and time to help out, check out the new posts when this thread pops up to the top of the board.

Note that editing someone else's TD, which I've done a lot, rarely interferes with being able to play the TD. Seeing the questions beforehand helps very little, if at all. Further, even if potential answers are discussed (usually not necessary), editors should consider themselves on the honor system to not submit answers that they didn't think of themselves. This is really no different than the honor system already in place.
bpmod
Rank

Re: Post here if you're looking for a TD editor or co-host

Post by bpmod »

Although I rarely play TDs, I have been planning for quite some time (I started planning when I actually had some time to implement it, but have since not had any time) to create a TD tabulation / scoring system right in the backend of JBoard. I have some ideas as to how it would work, but am open to suggestions as to what would make it really great.

One of the nice things about integrating it with the Board would be the use of each user's credentials so that whatever is entered is automatically assigned to the correct user.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
BobF
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by BobF »

bpmod wrote:Although I rarely play TDs, I have been planning for quite some time (I started planning when I actually had some time to implement it, but have since not had any time) to create a TD tabulation / scoring system right in the backend of JBoard. I have some ideas as to how it would work, but am open to suggestions as to what would make it really great.

One of the nice things about integrating it with the Board would be the use of each user's credentials so that whatever is entered is automatically assigned to the correct user.

Brian
Would this solve the problem of hosts abandoning their TD's?
Was once hugged by Maggie Speak!
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

I'm willing to serve as editor or co-host.

And, even though I've hosted two games, I could benefit from another set of eyes looking at my questions before they go live. Several questions in the games I hosted created problems, either because I wasn't precise enough or asked for something too obscure--even for this community.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Brian...Are you looking to set up a system where it is set up for the players to submit their responses? Would it do the scoring and standings for the host as well?

Blue Lion...I would strongly urge you (or anyone) to ask for an editor. Randy has been a huge help to me on games I have run. Just having someone read over and tidying up grammar is a big help. What might be clear to you (since you wrote it) isn't always going to be clear to everyone else. He has also served as a sounding board for me when asking for judgement on an answer or just a shoulder to cry on when wading through a huge amount of entries.
Blue Lion

Post by Blue Lion »

Bamaman wrote:Blue Lion...I would strongly urge you (or anyone) to ask for an editor. Randy has been a huge help to me on games I have run. Just having someone read over and tidying up grammar is a big help. What might be clear to you (since you wrote it) isn't always going to be clear to everyone else. He has also served as a sounding board for me when asking for judgement on an answer or just a shoulder to cry on when wading through a huge amount of entries.
Indeed. I intend to do just that. I've got several games "in production", and one of them is almost ready to go. By the way, my compliments to Randy. He's done a terrific job with TD.
BobF

Post by BobF »

Bamaman wrote:Blue Lion...I would strongly urge you (or anyone) to ask for an editor. Randy has been a huge help to me on games I have run. Just having someone read over and tidying up grammar is a big help. What might be clear to you (since you wrote it) isn't always going to be clear to everyone else. He has also served as a sounding board for me when asking for judgement on an answer or just a shoulder to cry on when wading through a huge amount of entries.
Randy's as good as Gold. :-)

I'm also up for being an editor if anyone needs assistance but occasionally my schedule gets jam-packed (and I anticipate October through December to be about my busiest time ever). So, feel free to reach out, but don't be surprised if the response is "I'm sorry, I'd love to, but I can't help you right now."
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Bamaman wrote:Brian...Are you looking to set up a system where it is set up for the players to submit their responses? Would it do the scoring and standings for the host as well?
Yes. The host creates the questions there, then sets a start and finish time (for submissions). The participants go any time after the start time and submit their responses.

When tabulating the responses, the 'owner' of the TD can look at the responses and select right (or close enough) or wrong for each one (as well as grouping same answers that aren't immediately obvious -- like if one person answered 'Kennedy' and another 'jfk', for instance). Then the scores get added up based on that. My vision even has a template that would be able to be used (should the host wish) to post the results.

If nothing else, it'd eliminate a lot of typos and math errors.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
jwatcher16
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jwatcher16 »

Greetings!

Randy IS really on top of things for sure.

I expressed interest in hosting a TD and after reading those BP's from Vermonter, thought it would be a good idea to reach out for an editor.

I have one "quiz" I'm working on now, that after really thinking it over, will not be a TD but I hope to offer to the board just as a quiz for fun and knowledge. I saw Blue Lion and BobF have said they might help by editing and even though this won't be a TD I'd really love some prelim feedback on it, just to be safe...If either of you - or anyone would help. let me know.

Then I do have an idea tor a TD which I will be working on more purposefully after I get that one quiz done. I'd certainly love to have someone review that..

If anyone can help, feel free to reply to this or to PM me.

Take care.
BobF

Post by BobF »

jwatcher16 wrote:Greetings!

Randy IS really on top of things for sure.

I expressed interest in hosting a TD and after reading those BP's from Vermonter, thought it would be a good idea to reach out for an editor.

I have one "quiz" I'm working on now, that after really thinking it over, will not be a TD but I hope to offer to the board just as a quiz for fun and knowledge. I saw Blue Lion and BobF have said they might help by editing and even though this won't be a TD I'd really love some prelim feedback on it, just to be safe...If either of you - or anyone would help. let me know.

Then I do have an idea tor a TD which I will be working on more purposefully after I get that one quiz done. I'd certainly love to have someone review that..

If anyone can help, feel free to reply to this or to PM me.

Take care.
Feel free to send it on along to me.
Peachbox
Sports Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Peachbox »

I have a potential TD in need of feedback as it will be my first one. If you're interested, please pm me and I can send it to you. Thanks! :)
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Peachbox wrote:I have a potential TD in need of feedback as it will be my first one. If you're interested, please pm me and I can send it to you. Thanks! :)
I'd be happy to serve as an editor if you need it.
totebags
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by totebags »

Hey y'all -- I'm on the deck for the 8/22 TD. I have my questions drafted and could use an editor/sounding board. Any takers?
totebags
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by totebags »

A selfish bump for my request for a TD editor
totebags
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by totebags »

Last minute plea for a TD editor before this baby goes live on Sunday night.
dnbguy

Post by dnbguy »

I can look them over if you want to send them my way.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

I'm thinking of doing a German-themed TD. I'm thinking very broadly here - including German and other Germanic languages and the countries where they're spoken.

I'm not able to use the software/spreadsheet that makes scoring easy. Just wondering if anyone is interested in scoring or helping edit something like this.
totebags
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by totebags »

Happy to help score, Magna!
theamazingchong
Valued Contributor

Post by theamazingchong »

I'm currently writing my first TD (theme: Chinese New Year). I'd love to have someone with experience take a look once I'm done writing. Please let me know if you're able and willing to be an editor. Thanks!
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

When is the next available TD slot? Is the first week of March already claimed?