New old games in the J! Archive

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

victhebrick2

1988 game

Post by victhebrick2 »

does anybody have the clues or videos for the following games this is all the info i have and that one of the contestants was named jim berkowitz i know the clue to the final jeopardy on his last episode was
Clue: More than half the free world's commercial jetliners have been assembled in this U.S. State the answer is washington
the information about the episodes that i know airdates 5/26/1988 5/27/1988 5/30/1988 5/31/1988 episodes #874, 875, 876, 877
Doug527
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: New old games in the J-Archive

Post by Doug527 »

Is there anything I can do to help out with the archive? I'd love to if you need/want the help!
Lifelong enthusiast. Season 28 contestant.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Doug527 wrote:Is there anything I can do to help out with the archive? I'd love to if you need/want the help!
Send a PM to Robert K S (if you click on the Members link, he's the third name down). We can always use new blood. :)
TheConfessor
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by TheConfessor »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:Hi everybody. Just a little update for fans of old games being entered into the J-Archive. I have finally finished Ed Toutant's 2 games. They can be found at

http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3776 and
http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=3794 .
Thanks a lot for doing this, Myron. When I had modest success on Jeopardy! almost 23 years ago, I expected that it would be the beginning and end of my involvement with game shows. I had no idea how many great people and experiences would come into my life as a result of my continued interest and participation. The internet has had a big role in that, though it has also absorbed a lot of the the free time that people used to spend watching game shows. I am grateful to the folks like you and many others in the game show community who are passionate about Jeopardy! and the wider world of competition and trivia. It's always fun to to meet those people in person, and I hope to see you again this August at the TCONA event in Las Vegas.

Good luck to all who still hope to be chosen as a contestant. Keep the faith!

-- Ed Toutant
Jeff-thecdboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

Here's the J! episode from 3/20/91:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8d02jhfGg
Chaucer
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Chaucer »

Can anyone help locate a Jeopardy! episode from 1992? My wife was a contestant in an episode taped in late July or early August of 1992. Not sure when it would have televised. Her name at the time was Kathy Godwin. She didn't win. Got the right answer in Final Jeopardy, but the winner outbid her. The only other datum I have is that the Final Jeopardy answer was something about Soviet heroes, and the correct question was "Who is Yuri Gagarin?" I've not had any luck locating the episode in j-archive.com, youtube.com or rutube.ru. Anyone know where I might find this episode. I'd gladly pay a reasonable price for the CD/DVD.

Thanks.
Ivoryface86

Post by Ivoryface86 »

Chaucer wrote:Can anyone help locate a Jeopardy! episode from 1992? My wife was a contestant in an episode taped in late July or early August of 1992. Not sure when it would have televised. Her name at the time was Kathy Godwin. She didn't win. Got the right answer in Final Jeopardy, but the winner outbid her. The only other datum I have is that the Final Jeopardy answer was something about Soviet heroes, and the correct question was "Who is Yuri Gagarin?" I've not had any luck locating the episode in j-archive.com, youtube.com or rutube.ru. Anyone know where I might find this episode. I'd gladly pay a reasonable price for the CD/DVD.

Thanks.
Do you what Game # your wife was a contestant on and if so, was the bongo theme now in use in-and-out of commercial breaks? If it was taped in late July or early August 1992 then it was from early in Season 9 since the bongo theme came into use permanently and GSN aired the episode with Kathy Godwin back in the day, so maybe it should help you out.
SwanShadow
Jeopardy! TOCer

Re: 1988 game

Post by SwanShadow »

victhebrick2 wrote:does anybody have the clues or videos for the following games this is all the info i have and that one of the contestants was named jim berkowitz i know the clue to the final jeopardy on his last episode was
Clue: More than half the free world's commercial jetliners have been assembled in this U.S. State the answer is washington
the information about the episodes that i know airdates 5/26/1988 5/27/1988 5/30/1988 5/31/1988 episodes #874, 875, 876, 877
I was present for the 5/30/88 and 5/31/88 games. My five-win run began with the game that aired on Friday, June 3, 1988, so these two shows were the "Monday" and "Tuesday" games of my first taping day.

At one time, I probably had these games on videotape. Alas, those tapes are long gone. As for remembering the clues from those games... I barely remember any of the clues from the games I've actually played. (Except all of the ones I missed, of course.) :D
Michael Rankins
ToC '88; Super J! '90; BoBAB '98; UToC '05; BotD Fan Favorite Reject, '14
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

Classicjeopardy uploaded the unarchived 9/10/92 episode on their Youtube page, taped off GSN circa 1997-98 when they aired the 1992-93 season. http://www.youtube.com/user/Classicjeopardy
victhebrick2

Post by victhebrick2 »

does anybody have the clues or videos for the following games this is all the info i have and that one of the contestants was named jim berkowitz i know the clue to the final jeopardy on his last episode was
[email protected] thats the email for the man in charge of the official jeopardy archives
legendneverdies

Levine2001 has uploaded a season three episode to their Youtube page(definitely 1986-87 season because a clue references a TV event happening in the 1985-86 season). Rex Schultz is the champion on it, who in 1983-84 won over $80K on Tic Tac Dough(he could only keep $50K of it because Tic aired on WCBS that season and they had to abide by CBS rules and regulations). I can't pinpoint the airdate other than 1986-87.
Jeff-thecdboy

Post by Jeff-thecdboy »

^That episode you are referring to was from 1/29/87.
legendneverdies

Tom Nichols game four from 2/3/94(as per the J-archive it airede 2/3/94) is uploaded to Youtube via both Ezraacademyct and Karenmike94(they posted it in two parts). The clip ends right after the game ends, no end credits.
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Post by MDaunt »

Jeff-thecdboy wrote:This user's RuTube site has some J! games that are not in the Archive yet:

http://kingskip.rutube.ru
These people were in the green room with me! http://rutube.ru/tracks/4631192.html
doogie
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by doogie »

@Minnesota Myron -

I just recently found out that you did get my games listed in the J-Archive. (The third one is still only partially completed). Thanks so much for doing this!

One thing that seems weird is that I am certain they aired on September 12, 13, and 16, 1996. At least that's when they aired on my local TV station! I recorded them knowing exactly when they would air as well. All this was written down at the time, on the tape, so I'm pretty certain of the days. You have them listed as a week later (September 19, 20, and 22). I'm not sure where the discrepancy comes from.

Anyway, much thanks.

Doug Zang
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

I checked my notebook and your first game aired in the Bay Area market on Friday the 20th (day delay because of MNF). Your second did not air because of college football and your third game aired on Tuesday the 24th. That would make September 19th, 20th and 23rd correct according to my records.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MarkBarrett wrote:I checked my notebook and your first game aired in the Bay Area market on Friday the 20th (day delay because of MNF).
How does a 1-day delay from Monday become Friday?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

econgator wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:I checked my notebook and your first game aired in the Bay Area market on Friday the 20th (day delay because of MNF).
How does a 1-day delay from Monday become Friday?
Back in those days it was MNF on Monday with a post-game show and no J!. The Monday game would air on Tuesday...The Thursday game would air on Friday. Saturday would have the Friday game only if the college football game ended in a reasonable amount of time. Sometimes J! would be joined in progress and sometimes preempted. The next week would start the cycle again.
legendneverdies

Jeopardyman211 has uploaded several season three games not in the archive to their Youtube page: including 1/27/87,3/26/87, and 5/15/87(Senior tourney final game two)
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

No offense to Doug, I just like to play the "what might have been" game: four wins and $36k doesn't make Lucien rise above the ToCer crowd, and yet getting his fifth FJ right would probably have meant a ticket to the UToC.