Think Different Contest #149: Beating me at my own game (again!)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Re: Think Different Contest #149: Beating me at my own game (again!)

Post by dhkendall »

SkeeBallRaif wrote:
dhkendall wrote: My first thought to the question: "Nicholas II". ""Wait, that's too well known. I'll be smart and subtract an I. Zig when I'm expected to zag. Think *different*."
Wow, I really did borrow your brain for this quiz dh--once again, I had the identical reasoning as you. (Though mine was probably more like "Nicholas II." "Wait, that's too well known. There's gotta be a Nicholas I if there was a Nicholas II, right?")

How do we think so alike? Quick, what number am I thinking of?
e. :)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

dhkendall wrote:
SkeeBallRaif wrote:
dhkendall wrote: My first thought to the question: "Nicholas II". ""Wait, that's too well known. I'll be smart and subtract an I. Zig when I'm expected to zag. Think *different*."
Wow, I really did borrow your brain for this quiz dh--once again, I had the identical reasoning as you. (Though mine was probably more like "Nicholas II." "Wait, that's too well known. There's gotta be a Nicholas I if there was a Nicholas II, right?")

Dave, why are you always so irrational? ;)

Thanks for the game, goforthetie!
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

debramc wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
SkeeBallRaif wrote: Wow, I really did borrow your brain for this quiz dh--once again, I had the identical reasoning as you. (Though mine was probably more like "Nicholas II." "Wait, that's too well known. There's gotta be a Nicholas I if there was a Nicholas II, right?")

Dave, why are you always so irrational? ;)

Thanks for the game, goforthetie!
I always thought of Dave as being more the transcendental type.

Boffo job, gftt and to those rarefied of individuals--AP, Peg and plasticene--who could beat the quizmaster at his own game.
Bamaman wrote: I've got an idea in mind for a Chronology game. That hasn't been done in a while and its the only one of our games I haven't run yet, so I can cross it off my jboard bucket list. It will (probably) be about that fun filled decade we all know and love, the 1930s.
Go for it!
TreehugginCowgirl
Best Self-Destruct Button

Post by TreehugginCowgirl »

plasticene wrote: Fiddlededee! I figured "embarrass" would sheep, but I was in a hurry to get my entry in, so I didn't give it as much thought as it deserved. I'm very impressed with TreehugginCowgirl's obscure "cossette", which isn't even good in Scrabble.
Don't be too impressed. I got lucky, very lucky. My brain was jamming badly on that question, and I couldn't bear to say coffee. I decided I could find something that ended in "ette" if I thought long enough. I finally decided that "Cosette" was surely iconic enough to have entered the lexicon (it isn't), and I misspelled it. Somehow two wrongs made a right. Sounds like a word I should know though. I've certainly sliced enough sugar beets!