J-Archive May 22, 2012

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

wakka

J-Archive May 22, 2012

Post by wakka »

How is there already information up for the game on Tuesday May 22, 2012 if it doesn't air for another 3 hours? Also, why is there no game information for Monday May 21, 2012? I want to know what the wording on the Warcraft question was.
bpmod
Rank

Re: J-Archive May 22, 2012

Post by bpmod »

Jeopardy! airs at different times in different markets.

The Archivists are volunteers who take time out of their busy schedules to enter the games into The Archive.

Patience is a virtue.

ETA: It must be Tuesday.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
wakka

Post by wakka »

Yes I understand that; I'm wondering how today's game is up but yesterdays isn't. I just think it's odd...
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

The person who will be entering yesterday's game hasn't yet fit it into his/her schedule. The person who entered today's has. Simple as that.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

well, that's terribly unexciting. All along I thought the Tuesday archivist was psychic.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

wakka wrote:I want to know what the wording on the Warcraft question was.
You could ask that question in the thread that pertains to that game, you know.
Paucle wrote:well, that's terribly unexciting. All along I thought the Tuesday archivist was psychic.
I want that person on MY team!

Brian

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

So why isn't the game for December 17, 1993 up yet?
Le Master
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Le Master »

bpmod wrote:Jeopardy! airs at different times in different markets.

The Archivists are volunteers who take time out of their busy schedules to enter the games into The Archive.

Patience is a virtue.

ETA: It must be Tuesday.

Brian
Yep. For example, it airs at 3:30 p.m. in Chicago.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Bamaman wrote:So why isn't the game for December 17, 1993 up yet?
Some of us have busier schedules than others. :)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

dhkendall wrote:
Yeah, that one's mine. I'm loath to add it, else I might get booted out of the Procrastinator's Club.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Let's get down to the root of this. September 17, 1984 is the earliest unarchived game; all other archival efforts must halt and the missing games thence onward must be archived before current games can be added.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

seaborgium wrote:
Let's get down to the root of this. September 17, 1984 is the earliest unarchived game; all other archival efforts must halt and the missing games thence onward must be archived before current games can be added.
Hear, hear.

Brian

bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Paucle wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
Yeah, that one's mine. I'm loath to add it, else I might get booted out of the Procrastinator's Club.
Are you kidding? Just getting around to joining is enough to get you booted.

Brian

jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 »

While we're on the subject, why is the May 15, 2002 game not in the Archive? I'm curious because it is the first game after the Million Dollar Masters tournament, and it appears to be the only game missing from Season 18. The May 16th game includes the note that it is the first game in which runners-up receive cash prizes, but it seems like that should have been the case on May 15th as well, although I guess the unusual Wednesday through Tuesday schedule of the MDM might have caused something strange in the taping schedule. Is there an interesting story surrounding this game, or is it just one that has slipped through the cracks of time?
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

jeff6286 wrote:
While we're on the subject, why is the May 15, 2002 game not in the Archive? I'm curious because it is the first game after the Million Dollar Masters tournament, and it appears to be the only game missing from Season 18. The May 16th game includes the note that it is the first game in which runners-up receive cash prizes, but it seems like that should have been the case on May 15th as well, although I guess the unusual Wednesday through Tuesday schedule of the MDM might have caused something strange in the taping schedule. Is there an interesting story surrounding this game, or is it just one that has slipped through the cracks of time?
Is that the one they called Episode 4000 and didn't have a game?

Brian

jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

bpmod wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:
Is that the one they called Episode 4000 and didn't have a game?

Brian
No, it should be game #4088, although perhaps you were making some kind of joke that went over my head. Sometimes it's hard to tell with you.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

jeff6286 wrote:
bpmod wrote:Is that the one they called Episode 4000 and didn't have a game?

Brian
No, it should be game #4088, although perhaps you were making some kind of joke that went over my head. Sometimes it's hard to tell with you.
I'm still wondering why your leprechaun is wearing orange...

But seriously, back in the day, they "celebrated" "Episode 4000" with a retrospective look at the game through the years. It didn't happen on the date that (the real) episode 4000 aired, but a little while later.

Brian

jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

bpmod wrote:
jeff6286 wrote:
bpmod wrote:Is that the one they called Episode 4000 and didn't have a game?

Brian
I'm still wondering why your leprechaun is wearing orange...

But seriously, back in the day, they "celebrated" "Episode 4000" with a retrospective look at the game through the years. It didn't happen on the date that (the real) episode 4000 aired, but a little while later.

Brian
Maybe you're right. I didn't notice that the champion from before the MDM, Ronnie O'Rourke, didn't have a listing in the May 16th game saying how many days she (?) had been champion, so maybe there was no May 15th game. That would also explain why May 16th was the first game with the runners-up receiving cash prizes, if there was indeed no game played on the May 15th show.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Yes, the post-M$M episode is a non-game in celebration of 4,000 episodes (it's closer to that total than the #4088 episode number would suggest, thanks to some early season reruns that got their own episode numbers). It's unarchivable, except perhaps as a permanent placeholder (if the Archive is capable of displaying an episode with no clues or contestants).
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

Paucle wrote:well, that's terribly unexciting. All along I thought the Tuesday archivist was psychic.
LOL! I wish!
Nope, here's the scoop. I'm your Tuesday archivist. I'm a stay-at-home-wife & micro-farmer (I grow very small veggies, haha.) So while I am actually pretty busy, I do set my own hours, and I live in the DFW area, where J! shows at 11am. So especially in the summer (which started about a month ago) when it's too freaking hot to work outside after about 10am, I use my afternoon to do my indoor chores, including J! archive on Tuesday. Other times of year I may wait until evening if there's a lot to do outside. It's that simple. :mrgreen: