Love on the Podium

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Re: Love on the Podium

Post by Paucle »

jeff6286 wrote:(Although your spelling was quite exempliary.)
clever self-referential joke!
sbraverm

Post by sbraverm »

Hi all,

This is Stacy--I do post here occasionally! Emily and I read all your nice comments and really appreciate them. I actually had never seen the food stamp clip, so thanks to whoever dredged that up! We weren't dating at the time the show aired (I was actually dating someone else when the show taped, and we broke up just before the show aired; hopefully that puts the Standards and Practices folks at ease) but started about 6 months later--not too long when you consider that we really didn't know each other except for the audition, the taping day, and the viewing party.

We're definitely up for pub quizzes! We've played together with friends at a few places but haven't done that well (each of us has been on winning teams in years past, though!).
sbraverm

Post by sbraverm »

oh, and I should add that Alex Trebeck does know--we invited him and Maggie Speak (and plus ones for each!). Maggie called to say she couldn't come but got us tickets for the Power Players tournament and we saw her there. Alex's invite came back as undeliverable, despite it going to the same place as Maggie's. So we took it to the taping and gave it to one of the Clue Crew members. We actually got a response in his handwriting, but he didn't come. We didn't expect him to but thought it was only right to invite him!
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

sbraverm wrote:Hi all,

This is Stacy--I do post here occasionally! Emily and I read all your nice comments and really appreciate them. I actually had never seen the food stamp clip, so thanks to whoever dredged that up! We weren't dating at the time the show aired (I was actually dating someone else when the show taped, and we broke up just before the show aired; hopefully that puts the Standards and Practices folks at ease) but started about 6 months later--not too long when you consider that we really didn't know each other except for the audition, the taping day, and the viewing party.

We're definitely up for pub quizzes! We've played together with friends at a few places but haven't done that well (each of us has been on winning teams in years past, though!).
Good to see you're still here and congrats!
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

mswanson wrote:
Bamaman wrote:I'd love to see the reaction on the Sony Board if Jeopardy promoted a lesbian wedding.
"I am so disapointed in Sony and Jorpedy for prommoting these kind of PEVERTED life-styles! I know one thing my tv will be OFF after wheel of Fortune from now on belief me! Shame on you Mister. Treback!!!"
Don't worry, Seaborgium will set them straight.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

econgator wrote:
mswanson wrote:
Bamaman wrote:I'd love to see the reaction on the Sony Board if Jeopardy promoted a lesbian wedding.
"I am so disapointed in Sony and Jorpedy for prommoting these kind of PEVERTED life-styles! I know one thing my tv will be OFF after wheel of Fortune from now on belief me! Shame on you Mister. Treback!!!"
You forgot, "I've been watching this show for 28 years and I just had to post about this!"

Otherwise, bang-on. :)
Don't correct her, econgator, I'm starting to think now that all the posts on the Sony board are actually coming from her (therefore she should know how the standard post goes). This is all an elaborate prank on us that was impeccably played by Margaret. Well played, ma'am. Well played.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I've seen the screenname on here, but didn't put two and two together. Congrats, Stacy, and hope to meet you two sometime soon. Sorry I didn't see you at the Power Players (I was only there for the morning matches). As for you Bill, I'm right on it! Just as soon as I get power back, that is.
Spaceman Spiff
One-and-done J! Champ (and proud of it!)

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Congrats, Stacy and Emily! Mazel Tov!
Picked Off
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Picked Off »

This is awesome.
Season 27 player and lifelong fan
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Is this not the first instance of two players who competed against each other on the show becoming married?

Stacy, I think your tape date must have been the one after mine. Sorry I missed you!
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Post by MDaunt »

Liberal rabbi.
sbraverm

Post by sbraverm »

In some ways, yes (the same-sex, different religions thing) but in other ways, no. We could not have been married on Shabbat, during the Omer, or with a co-officiant of a different faith. Our ketubah had to be in Hebrew, as was most of the ceremony, and we had a lot of meetings and classes with her and others in preparation. We do adore the rabbi though and are glad to be part of her congregation!