Reretaken Down

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Reretaken Down

Post by Bamaman »

What did the players' give as their questions in the game?
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I have a user who is having trouble accessing JBoard ... he says it doesn't work on Firefox or IE (it times out), it does work on his phone (not an ideal solution), and that he has cleared his cache and cookies and reset his modem. It's probably not a firewall issue since he had no problems before recently. Any other thoughts or things to try?
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

alietr wrote:I have a user who is having trouble accessing JBoard ... he says it doesn't work on Firefox or IE (it times out), it does work on his phone (not an ideal solution), and that he has cleared his cache and cookies and reset his modem. It's probably not a firewall issue since he had no problems before recently. Any other thoughts or things to try?
Is it timing out on Firefox too, or just IE? Any other messages? I find that when web pages time out, I can fix the temporary problem by disconnecting my wifi connection on the computer and then reconnecting. Is he running wifi? If it's a wired connection, then I don't know what else to suggest. I assume he's having no problems with other sites? I suppose he could temporarily take down the firewall and see whether that clears it.
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 »

alietr wrote:I have a user who is having trouble accessing JBoard ... he says it doesn't work on Firefox or IE (it times out), it does work on his phone (not an ideal solution), and that he has cleared his cache and cookies and reset his modem. It's probably not a firewall issue since he had no problems before recently. Any other thoughts or things to try?
He should try to access the Archive. If he is unable to load that either, then it could be that the server that hosts both has banned his IP address, something that has happened to me and others in the past. If this is the case, then Brian may be able to unblock him if he has his IP address.

Now if the Archive loads but jboard doesn't, then I am clueless.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Yes, if the user cannot access either the JBoard or The Archive, it is likely our firewall has blocked him for whatever reason.

If you can get the IP address(es) from which he can't connect, I can check to see if it has been blocked, and, if so, unblock it.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
silverscreentest
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by silverscreentest »

Got another puzzle accepted for Kennections. Not getting an additional set of books for it.

http://www.parade.com/games/kennections ... le-74.html
Silver Screen Test, my movie trivia game show. Watch some of the episodes On-Demand.
Vanya
The support is non-zero

Post by Vanya »

bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

So, the technology that allows a computer to press a button with millisecond timing can be used to cure cancer?

Cool!

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

bpmod wrote:
So, the technology that allows a computer to press a button with millisecond timing can be used to cure cancer?

Cool!

Brian
Watson: "When I finish creating the cure for cancer, what U.S. city would you like me to deliver it to?"
georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Post by georgespelvin »

For you "Princess Bride" fans out there, albeit this is a day late.

http://arslnga.tumblr.com/post/43124883 ... n_ref_map=[]

I haven't had a chance to watch the ToC yet. Going to catch up with a three show marathon tonight, trying to avoid this board until then but had to post this.
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Re: Markennection

Post by Paucle »

Stealing Mr Barrett's thunder in announcing he not only got re-Kennected today, but it's also the prize winner!
Number 3 for you, Mark? (I'll give you the privilege of the link.) ;)
MarkBarrett

Re: Markennection

Post by MarkBarrett »

Paucle wrote:Stealing Mr Barrett's thunder in announcing he not only got re-Kennected today, but it's also the prize winner!
Number 3 for you, Mark? (I'll give you the privilege of the link.) ;)
I always visit this board in the morning befor the Parade site. When I saw you had a post in this thread I made the connection that it could be about Kennections and that perhaps another boardie won the books. My puzzle was submitted on Monday: http://www.parade.com/games/kennections ... le-82.html

Like getting on J! I kept trying. Well, that's off the bucket list as if I had one. That leaves only the Vikings winning the Super Bowl.
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

georgespelvin wrote:For you "Princess Bride" fans out there, albeit this is a day late.

http://arslnga.tumblr.com/post/43124883 ... n_ref_map=[]

I haven't had a chance to watch the ToC yet. Going to catch up with a three show marathon tonight, trying to avoid this board until then but had to post this.
Several of those are mildly creepy. Thanks for the link!
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

I hope Oscar Pistorius isn't formally charged with murder. In a court of law the guy wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

John Boy wrote:I hope Oscar Pistorius isn't formally charged with murder. In a court of law the guy wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
I think you're in the wrong thread. Or, more likely, Andy was.

Brian

silverscreentest
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by silverscreentest »

Yet another puzzle accepted for Kennections. This may have to be like the old pulp science fiction magazines where most of the stories were written by two or three people. I may need a pseudonym.

http://www.parade.com/games/kennections ... le-83.html
Silver Screen Test, my movie trivia game show. Watch some of the episodes On-Demand.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I wonder if dhkendall's wife was a flag virgin when they met?
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Bamaman wrote:I wonder if dhkendall's wife was a flag virgin when they met?
Odd question, but, like most people, yes she was. And still is, to an extent, although she enjoys them and appreciates them more (as do our kids). (Same goes for national anthems).

As to any other kind of virgin, well, I'll take that on a case by case basis. :)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

dhkendall wrote:
Odd question, but, like most people, yes she was. And still is, to an extent, although she enjoys them and appreciates them more (as do our kids). (Same goes for national anthems).

As to any other kind of virgin, well, I'll take that on a case by case basis. :)
Odd question? You don't watch BBT anymore? Penny was the guest on Sheldon's show. Now we know all about Nebraska's flag.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

MarkBarrett wrote:
dhkendall wrote:

Odd question? You don't watch BBT anymore? Penny was the guest on Sheldon's show. Now we know all about Nebraska's flag.
Ah, yeah, but that was so long ago now! :) (I *always* note the "Fun with Flags" episodes, my wife was even watching that one with me (I get the impression she just watches them because I love the show, not only is she not a flag/anthems person, but she's also not a geek. I know, I know, why did I marry her? :) ) I also remarked to my wife how at least 36 of the state flags (that I could think of right then) were also seals on blue.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012