Roger Craig's Jeopardy! study program

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

kickerofelves
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: Roger Craig's Jeopardy! study program

Post by kickerofelves »

bpmod wrote:
kickerofelves wrote:There was one during my taping session, so at least one upcoming...
And I meant to say 'so far'. I have no idea how many might be coming up. :D
Well, now you do. ≥1.

:D
davey
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by davey »

kickerofelves wrote:
bpmod wrote:
kickerofelves wrote:There was one during my taping session, so at least one upcoming...
And I meant to say 'so far'. I have no idea how many might be coming up. :D
Well, now you do. ≥1.

:D
Hey, guys, you were both responding to a post from 2011...presumably the time of a Canada player deficit. I was confused too, thought this was a new thread!
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

davey wrote:Hey, guys, you were both responding to a post from 2011...presumably the time of a Canada player deficit. I was confused too, thought this was a new thread!
Oops! I usually pay better attention than that. :oops:

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
kickerofelves
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by kickerofelves »

davey wrote: Hey, guys, you were both responding to a post from 2011...presumably the time of a Canada player deficit.
Ahh, yes, the Great Canadian Player Deficit of 2011. Dark days...
heisman65
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by heisman65 »

Hey, I seem to remember some guy from Kamloops who made an appearance in 2011, eh? ... well, actually 2012, but it was still Season 28 ...
Turd Ferguson
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Turd Ferguson »

heisman65 wrote:Hey, I seem to remember some guy from Kamloops who made an appearance in 2011, eh? ... well, actually 2012, but it was still Season 28 ...
It's very possible that I missed somebody, but my recollection is that there ended up only being two Canadian contestants on the show in Season 28. (It seems that the new Canadian affiliate(s) have coincided with more Canadians being on the show this season).

Oh, and as it happens, the other Season 28 Canadian (that I recall) was the very boardie whose post elicited my "where are the Canadians?" reply in the first place.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Turd Ferguson wrote:
heisman65 wrote:Hey, I seem to remember some guy from Kamloops who made an appearance in 2011, eh? ... well, actually 2012, but it was still Season 28 ...
It's very possible that I missed somebody, but my recollection is that there ended up only being two Canadian contestants on the show in Season 28. (It seems that the new Canadian affiliate(s) have coincided with more Canadians being on the show this season).
I find it odd that no Canadian networks were interested in picking up Jeopardy! when CBC dropped it after season 28. And, I suppose, even more odd is that CHCH could afford to pick it up. But, for the first time ever, I am seeing Hometown Howdies on the air. However, none of them has been somebody from the "hometown" of CHCH's viewing area.

ETA: I intend to change that.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

bpmod wrote:
Turd Ferguson wrote:
I find it odd that no Canadian networks were interested in picking up Jeopardy! when CBC dropped it after season 28. And, I suppose, even more odd is that CHCH could afford to pick it up. But, for the first time ever, I am seeing Hometown Howdies on the air. However, none of them has been somebody from the "hometown" of CHCH's viewing area.

ETA: I intend to change that.

Brian
Just looking at the Archive, it doesn't look like there's ever been a Hamiltonian on the show! (There has been a Winnipegger, two if you count Power Player's Week)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
skullturf
Married to a Jeopardy! Champion

Post by skullturf »

dhkendall wrote:Just looking at the Archive, it doesn't look like there's ever been a Hamiltonian on the show! (There has been a Winnipegger, two if you count Power Player's Week)
I searched for people from the city I grew up in, and I found three:

http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=1796
http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=6057
http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=6891

As for the city I currently live in, there have been a few as well. You've definitely heard of one of them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Crai ... testant%29
cheezguyty
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by cheezguyty »

dhkendall wrote:(There has been a Winnipegger, two if you count Power Player's Week)
There's also Derek Rolstone, who in September 1996 finished in second place behind Kyrie O'Connor of Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! fame. According to this article written by Derek for the Winnipeg Free Press, he was the first Manitoban to appear on Jeopardy.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

cheezguyty wrote:
dhkendall wrote:(There has been a Winnipegger, two if you count Power Player's Week)
There's also Derek Rolstone, who in September 1996 finished in second place behind Kyrie O'Connor of Wait Wait... Don't Tell Me! fame. According to this article written by Derek for the Winnipeg Free Press, he was the first Manitoban to appear on Jeopardy.

Ah, that's why, I was searching the archive for "Winnipeg", and it's misspelled in the Archive as "Winnepeg". I'll be correcting that post-haste. (I knew I remembered seeing an interview with "the first Manitoban on Jeopardy!" before 2000!)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012