Lexington auditions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

swale
Contributor

Lexington auditions

Post by swale »

I was at one of the 7/14 Lexington auditions. Did anyone else try out in Lexington? Is this the first time they have held a tryout there?
MartinMoore
Contributor

Re: Lexington auditions

Post by MartinMoore »

I was in the 3 PM session on Tuesday, 7/12. (If anyone else from that session is here, I'm the mostly bald guy in the tan suit who was sitting in the front left corner of the room.) This was my second audition and I thought it went much better than my first try, since I knew what to expect and was much less nervous this time around.

One of the coordinators said that they were in Lexington for a full week, doing five days of regular show auditions and one day for the Teen Tournament.

Martin
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

Good luck to you both! I was Raleigh 6/4/10, and am pretty much looking towards the January online tests again.
John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by John Boy »

I passed the online quiz last February and reeeeallllly hoped to see you guys in Lexington. However, it seems that my invitation to the audition got lost in the mail along with my invites to the royal wedding and the U.S. Open golf championship.

Now I'm looking forward (again) to the next online quiz for another dive into the pool.

Hope you folks who WERE in Lexington will keep us advised about your progress (i.e. when you get The Call). Best of luck.
paul5562
Valued Contributor

Post by paul5562 »

My wife was in the 3pm Lexington audition on Thursday 7/14. Good luck to all those who auditioned this year.
dogbert
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by dogbert »

I'm a newbie to the forum. I was at the 7/13 Wednesday 11:30 AM Lexington audition - had a great time and met many interesting Jeopardy aficionados. They held 3 auditions per day Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday but only 2 on Wednesday; Friday was reserved for Teen tryouts. Thought the test was challenging but fair. Lots of strong future contestants - many traveling all the way from Michigan! Good luck to everyone!
swale
Contributor

Post by swale »

dogbert wrote:I'm a newbie to the forum. I was at the 7/13 Wednesday 11:30 AM Lexington audition - had a great time and met many interesting Jeopardy aficionados. They held 3 auditions per day Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday but only 2 on Wednesday; Friday was reserved for Teen tryouts. Thought the test was challenging but fair. Lots of strong future contestants - many traveling all the way from Michigan! Good luck to everyone!
Our group had just one Lexington resident, and just 4 Kentuckians. We had 2 from Columbus OH; 2 from Toledo; 2 from Illinois; 1 from North Carolina,2 from Georgia; and 1 from Dallas. At least those are the ones I remember. My trip (80 miles) was definitely one of the shortest.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

Did they give the hats away via trivia, or furthest travelled? Sounds like the latter might've been tough to establish!
swale
Contributor

Post by swale »

Paucle wrote:Did they give the hats away via trivia, or furthest travelled? Sounds like the latter might've been tough to establish!
They didn't give away hats, at least not to my group. :x
alamble

Post by alamble »

Paucle wrote:Did they give the hats away via trivia, or furthest travelled? Sounds like the latter might've been tough to establish!
The "furthest traveled" giveaway in KC was the Jeopardy game for Wii. I would've won it had it not been for a guy from Grand Rapids, MI in our group. Which is ok, cause I don't have a Wii anyway.
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

alamble wrote:
The "furthest traveled" giveaway in KC was the Jeopardy game for Wii. I would've won it had it not been for a guy from Grand Rapids, MI in our group. Which is ok, cause I don't have a Wii anyway.
Now I remember you, alamble - from KC but currently live in Atlanta, right?
BTW, you actually are further...
alamble

Post by alamble »

debramc wrote:
alamble wrote:
That's me! According to Glenn, Grand Rapids is farther, and unfortunately his determination was the one that mattered. :) Like I said, I don't own a Wii anyway, so no skin off my nose!
debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

alamble wrote:
debramc wrote:
alamble wrote:The "furthest traveled" giveaway in KC was the Jeopardy game for Wii. I would've won it had it not been for a guy from Grand Rapids, MI in our group. Which is ok, cause I don't have a Wii anyway.
That's me! According to Glenn, Grand Rapids is farther, and unfortunately his determination was the one that mattered. :) Like I said, I don't own a Wii anyway, so no skin off my nose!
Yeah, at least it worked out as far as who'd actually be able to use the prize. I just remember seriously doubting my geographical intuition... Glad I wasn't wrong on that part!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

alamble wrote: That's me! According to Glenn, Grand Rapids is farther, and unfortunately his determination was the one that mattered. :) Like I said, I don't own a Wii anyway, so no skin off my nose!
I feel great sympathy: in my Orlando audition, I would've been the furthest-removed participant had Glenn not decided that a woman from Texas had traveled farther. Google Maps backed me up later that day, but too late to matter (and I have no Wii, either, so who cares?)
hanzz

Post by hanzz »

Hey guyzzz! Just got done talking with my chem professor who I believe was in the July 14 3 pm audition session. Says he had a great time! Just curious if anyone remembered him. Good luck to all!
gamawire

Post by gamawire »

alamble wrote: That's me! According to Glenn, Grand Rapids is farther, and unfortunately his determination was the one that mattered. :) Like I said, I don't own a Wii anyway, so no skin off my nose!
I remember you - didn't I talk to you outside the room before everything started? I won the Wii game in my group by going to KC from San Antonio.
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca
paul5562
Valued Contributor

Post by paul5562 »

Hanzz,

My wife was in the Thursday 3pm audition and she talked about him -- how he was an advisor for a student who was on J! and now he's getting a chance to try out.
Trojansoc
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Trojansoc »

debramc and alamble, I was in the group with you in KC....the fat guy with gray hair who sat in the back, "Paul"
Woof

Post by Woof »

hanzz wrote:Hey guyzzz! Just got done talking with my chem professor who I believe was in the July 14 3 pm audition session. Says he had a great time! Just curious if anyone remembered him. Good luck to all!
Cool, Hans! I hope that he makes it onto the show and I get to go up against him. Chem Prof smackdown on J! -- the ratings would soar, I'm sure. :D
J-Wife
Contributor

Post by J-Wife »

I'm a newbie here. I just wanted to say that my husband was at the 8 AM - July 14th audition in Lexington. Anyone else?