Pet Intellectual Peeves

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Pet Intellectual Peeves

Post by MarkBarrett »

Stephen King the author has the "ph" and is not Steven.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:31 pm Stephen King the author has the "ph" and is not Steven.
Even Stephen Spielberg knows that.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

opusthepenguin wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:13 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:31 pm Stephen King the author has the "ph" and is not Steven.
Even Stephen Spielberg knows that.
*Ephen
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Saw the Michael Moore show on Broadway last night, The Terms of my Surrender. He does this quiz show bit where he brings up a self-avowed smart American and a dumb Canadian to prove that, well, the dumbest Canadian is smarter than the smartest American. Yeah. I was in the mezzanine so I didn't volunteer. Anyway, he asks the Canadian how many US states there are. 50. Then he asks the American how many Canadian provinces & territories. I don't think she even had a guess. Then Michael Moore says the answer is 14. So for the next few minutes I kept counting them off in my head and could only come up with 10 provinces and 3 territories. So what gives? Is Newfoundland & Labrador sometimes counted as 2? Or did I miscount?
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

morbeedo wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:12 pm Saw the Michael Moore show on Broadway last night, The Terms of my Surrender. He does this quiz show bit where he brings up a self-avowed smart American and a dumb Canadian to prove that, well, the dumbest Canadian is smarter than the smartest American. Yeah. I was in the mezzanine so I didn't volunteer. Anyway, he asks the Canadian how many US states there are. 50. Then he asks the American how many Canadian provinces & territories. I don't think she even had a guess. Then Michael Moore says the answer is 14. So for the next few minutes I kept counting them off in my head and could only come up with 10 provinces and 3 territories. So what gives? Is Newfoundland & Labrador sometimes counted as 2? Or did I miscount?
No, you got it right. There may have been a dumb American onstage, but it wasn't necessarily the audience volunteer.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I found a shirt for posters in this thread:

https://shirt.woot.com/?ref=w_gh_sh_8
Peeve Shirt.GIF
Peeve Shirt.GIF (53.19 KiB) Viewed 3053 times
GoodStrategy
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by GoodStrategy »

With the NFL season starting I thought I'd mention a time some of my buddies were making predictions as to which two teams would be in the next Super Bowl. One of the predictions was for a Cowboys-Packers Super Bowl, while another one predicted Patriots-Steelers.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

GoodStrategy wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 10:43 am With the NFL season starting I thought I'd mention a time some of my buddies were making predictions as to which two teams would be in the next Super Bowl. One of the predictions was for a Cowboys-Packers Super Bowl, while another one predicted Patriots-Steelers.
Even I know better, and I haven’t watched a game in almost twenty years
Total game show career losings = $171,522