Military week?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Austin Powers
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Military week?

Post by Austin Powers »

legendneverdies wrote:
dippy wrote:Do we know the 15 contestants that are playing the military week games next week yet?
We're not sure if there is a military week next week or not. Nothing on the SOny J! website as of now, and I think by this point there'd be more news about it. No word on the kids' week that starts in 12 days either.
The show, quite possibly, just hates America
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Austin Powers wrote:
legendneverdies wrote:
dippy wrote:Do we know the 15 contestants that are playing the military week games next week yet?
We're not sure if there is a military week next week or not. Nothing on the SOny J! website as of now, and I think by this point there'd be more news about it. No word on the kids' week that starts in 12 days either.
The show, quite possibly, just hates America
But of course! What else should we expect from a show that exhibits such a pronounced liberal bias (as the Sony board is wont to remind us ad nauseam)? :twisted:
QuizGeek75
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by QuizGeek75 »

Well, according to j-archive.com, it looks like Military Week might occur on either the upcoming Monday, also known as Alex Trebek's 73rd birthday or probably might happen on the week of the season 29 finale, which is possibly the final week of the CES set.
Just a person who loves game shows.
legendneverdies

Post by legendneverdies »

QuizGeek75 wrote:Well, according to j-archive.com, it looks like Military Week might occur on either the upcoming Monday, also known as Alex Trebek's 73rd birthday or probably might happen on the week of the season 29 finale, which is possibly the final week of the CES set.
The week of 7/29 is known to be Kids' week. Alex said at the end of tonight's show that the champ will be back next week, I'm guessing there's no military week this season,
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

QuizGeek75 wrote:Well, according to j-archive.com, it looks like Military Week might occur on either the upcoming Monday, also known as Alex Trebek's 73rd birthday or probably might happen on the week of the season 29 finale, which is possibly the final week of the CES set.
Where is this mentioned on the Archive?
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
legendneverdies

dhkendall wrote:
Where is this mentioned on the Archive?
It's not mentioned, he's inferring it from looking at the other 218-219 or so games from this season that have at least the players' names archived and doesn't see Military week listed.
QuizGeek75
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by QuizGeek75 »

I checked the Prizes section & it said Military Week. Apparently, the show has decided to disrespect our soldiers.
Just a person who loves game shows.
legendneverdies

QuizGeek75 wrote:I checked the Prizes section & it said Military Week. Apparently, the show has decided to disrespect our soldiers.
The 1999 Armed Forces week is listed under Prizes. The people who run the board thought there'd be a Military Week this year, and for some reason there isn't.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

QuizGeek75 wrote:Apparently, the show has decided to disrespect our soldiers.
They haven't had Plastic Surgeon Week, Mailroom Clerk Week, or Underwater Basket Weaver Week, either.

The show has decided to disrespect our plastic surgeons, mailroom clerks, and underwater basket weavers.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

trainman wrote:
QuizGeek75 wrote:Apparently, the show has decided to disrespect our soldiers.
They haven't had Plastic Surgeon Week, Mailroom Clerk Week, or Underwater Basket Weaver Week, either.

The show has decided to disrespect our plastic surgeons, mailroom clerks, and underwater basket weavers.
Not to mention unemployed middle aged Canadian webmasters! I am outraged they are being neglected and I demand one gets on the show immediately to fix this grevious error!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
billy pilgrim

Post by billy pilgrim »

It's an outrage and I"M NEVER WATCHING THE SHOW AGAIN EVER.
She caught the Katy and left me a mule to ride.
hdayejr
Contributor

Post by hdayejr »

Maybe Jeopardy never had one. Tribune is infamous for having bs in their listings
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Once something gets in the computer there is no correcting it. TitanTV's listing for the afternoon rerun of J! from last season for the upcoming 6/30 - 7/4 week shows Military Week.