Familiar Face on "The Chase" (Spoilers for The Chase)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

legendneverdies
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Familiar Face on "The Chase"

Post by legendneverdies »

FOrmer Runaways member Cherie Currie appeared on the Dating Game circa 1979.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Comment on tonight's game.....
Spoiler
Anyone else hoping the Beast would catch that last guy before he had a chance to play the final round? In honor of a certain teen game rerun today, it would have been fitting.
legendneverdies

Spoiler
What would happen I wonder if no one made it to the final round. In the UK I think they play a game against one or more of the trio of contestants for a couple thousand dollars UK or something for beating the Beast.
saintanthony
Jeopardy 2008-B Teen Tournament

Post by saintanthony »

legendneverdies wrote:
Spoiler
What would happen I wonder if no one made it to the final round. In the UK I think they play a game against one or more of the trio of contestants for a couple thousand dollars UK or something for beating the Beast.
It's called a lazarus game. Whoever is designated team captain would come back to play solo for $15,000 for the team to split.
Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

Harvard Law grads aren't quite as smart as I thought!
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

Johnblue wrote:Harvard Law grads aren't quite as smart as I thought!
Well, trivia is a kind of smarts. With that said, her major preparation seems to have been what she did prior to 1983.
legendneverdies

Five episodes of the CHase have aired thus far. I think eight were ordered(it was renewed for season two before any episodes ever aired), and next Tuesday's show, the sixth episode to air, is being promoted as the season finale. Seems to me two episodes aren't being aired or maybe being held for next season.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Another J! champ played tonight on the 9/3 show: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=1974

I guess "The Experts" does not matter for game show appearances in the same year? ;)
legendneverdies

MarkBarrett wrote:Another J! champ played tonight on the 9/3 show: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=1974

I guess "The Experts" does not matter for game show appearances in the same year? ;)
IN Raj's second J! game he played against undefeated March 1989 $ale of the Century champion and 1990 Joker's WIld champ Darrell Garrison, but they both lost to Anne.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

legendneverdies wrote:Tuesday's show, the sixth episode to air, is being promoted as the season finale.
If true, one heck of an episode to close on.
Spoiler
Never thought I'd see the beast get waxed like that. Did Raj miss any the whole game? Certainly not more than a couple.
That second player was worthless. Did the producers grab her at random?
Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

Did they ever air the jay Rhee episode? Tonight's episode was pretty cool.
legendneverdies

saintanthony wrote:
MarkBarrett wrote:The TV listing for the USA Today and the 8/27 episode does not have a result spoiler. It does have an intriguing appearance teaser.

"A former member of the
Spoiler
Runaways" is what is in the grid box. So how many potential players if we assume it's not Joan Jett or Lita Ford?
I'll save you the trouble: it's second bassist Jackie Fox.
As per the WWTBAM bored, Jackie will be on one of the WWTBAM episodes airing Friday.
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

Johnblue wrote:Did they ever air the jay Rhee episode? Tonight's episode was pretty cool.
My guess is that Rhee kicks the Beast's ass (Clarence Hill as first black SC justice, lulz) and to squirrel with the bookkeeping they pushed his episode into season two. By now, the showrunners have had time to adjust to the Beast's deficiencies by recruiting lower caliber players, so when Rhee rolls him, it will look all the more outstanding.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Austin Powers wrote: recruiting lower caliber players
So I stand a chance at getting on then ...
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
legendneverdies

Austin Powers wrote:
Johnblue wrote:Did they ever air the jay Rhee episode? Tonight's episode was pretty cool.
My guess is that Rhee kicks the Beast's ass (Clarence Hill as first black SC justice, lulz) and to squirrel with the bookkeeping they pushed his episode into season two. By now, the showrunners have had time to adjust to the Beast's deficiencies by recruiting lower caliber players, so when Rhee rolls him, it will look all the more outstanding.
IIRC there was only 30 seconds on the clock with eight or nine questions for the Beast to catch Raj, and a win was not likely, so missing Thurgood Marshall didn't matter so much.
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

legendneverdies wrote:
Austin Powers wrote:
IIRC there was only 30 seconds on the clock with eight or nine questions for the Beast to catch Raj, and a win was not likely, so missing Thurgood Marshall didn't matter so much.
Don't recall saying otherwise; my point is that a fairly average American trivia player would get that one.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Of course, the Beast is a British trivia player, may not be up on American history. It may also have been a brain freeze as he combined the names of the second black justice and the woman who accused him of sexual harassment.
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

Bamaman wrote:Of course, the Beast is a British trivia player, may not be up on American history. It may also have been a brain freeze as he combined the names of the second black justice and the woman who accused him of sexual harassment.
Or, he just didn't know it.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Not to diminish in any way Raj's commanding performance, but heck, I probably would have beaten The Beast on that one. That was one exciting episode. I don't know they let Raj slip through the cracks and get on there, however.

I've gone back and marked the thread as having spoilers. I don't see how we can go back and close Pandora's box on this one.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Familiar Face on "The Chase" (Spoilers for The Chase)

Post by Bamaman »

I think the Beast is more beatable against one strong player by himself. Even with one strong and two average players, you'd run the risk of them getting competitive and trying to ring in and guess or them staring at each other waiting for someone to buzz in and at least pass the question.