RIP online Howdies?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

sarah0114
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: RIP online Howdies?

Post by sarah0114 »

the_phil wrote:
doihavetoreally wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
Spoiler
Or, as has been noted before on this board, they just put up the wrong clip. (Last time that happened, I enquired, and apparently everyone who plays records a regular and a "returning champ" one. Of course time will tell if they are returning champs, but if they do match, I'd chalk that up to coincidence.
Thanks dhkendall for this info -- I was getting little upset after watching the howdies for this week.
As I air this week (so I was in the studio), it's killing me knowing exactly what happens to the players in question and not being able to blab.

I'm also having a tough time finding my "funny" intro, since they don't put that in the Youtube channel. I've set my DVR to tape my local station basically all day and I'm planning on combing through it later tonight.
When I taped, I got the overall impression that most contestants would prefer for their "funny" intros to be buried and forgotten. Congrats on having one you're willing to hunt for! ;)
the_phil
60% or Bust

Post by the_phil »

sarah0114 wrote:When I taped, I got the overall impression that most contestants would prefer for their "funny" intros to be buried and forgotten. Congrats on having one you're willing to hunt for! ;)
It was a little like pulling teeth, no doubt. But I have some friends that I think would really get a kick out of the lame joke I made.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Another casualty of the shutdown of the web site Howdies display was the web posting of the weekly trailer-style snippet compilation that they called the "topical" (or formerly the "sizzle") usually narrated by a male voiceover artist or a female one (who sounded a lot like, or perhaps was, Kelly Miyahara) ("On this week's Jeopardy!..."). I don't know if they still make them to show on TV or not. For the most part it is a justifiable homicide--they were schlocky, formulaic, hyperbolic. They invariably featured a lot of corny coordinated gesturing by the contestants behind their podiums apparently as filler. Their producer seemed inordinately fond of giving them a spooky monster-movie or Twilight Zone theme, and making Alex look like a creepy kook, even when it was nowhere near Halloween. Yet one thing I liked about them was they often included snippets excerpted from the show. The week my first show aired, the sizzle had outtakes from my contestant interview that were trimmed from the interview shown on TV. Another week, the sizzle showed Alex boxing with the inflatable remote-control shark that was flying around on set after having been used in one of the clues, a cute excerpted aftermath. Little things like that. Well, those moments are gone too, now, I guess.