For the LLamas Among Us

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: For the LLamas Among Us

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

RandyG wrote: Park it into your Pavlov file that Dvorak wrote 9 symphonies -- The New World is #9 -- and Brahms wrote 4...
Dammit all to hell.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

I avoided relegation. And truly, it's a Festivus miracle! By all accounts, I should be sitting at the table with the nerdy kids (aka E Rundle) next season, as this season's questions seemed especially impenetrable (moreso than usual) and finished with a record of 8-10-7 (I think a personal record for ties there) - including one forfeit (which totally deserved punishment from the LL gods). I just hope next season is easier - my life's goal is to stay in C Rundle (I don't aspire to much.)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
RandyG wrote: Park it into your Pavlov file that Dvorak wrote 9 symphonies -- The New World is #9 -- and Brahms wrote 4...
Dammit all to hell.
I remembered this post enough to recall Dvořak being mentioned. I finished my rundle-bottoming season with a 0(0).
gnash
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gnash »

So I finished my best season ever in 4th place in B Pacific, tied in points for 3rd, but with fewer match points.

I am quite hopeful, though. With the expansion from 11 to 13 leagues, there have to be extra promotions. Even if everyone returns next season and no one is relegated from A rundles, that only populates 33 out of the 52 new A-rundle spots. I assume that some people, like Mr. Bread Butter, will be fast-tracked from Rookie Rundle straight to A, but surely there will be spots for 4th place rundle B finishers, maybe even for a few 5th places. (Good luck, Reddpen!)

Oh, and I missed my 5th straight zero-point question. Uncanny.
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material

Post by StevenH »

I finished the season with a win, only my 6th of the season, to move from 23rd to 22nd place in my C rundle! Unfortunately, it was not nearly enough to save me from relegation. I was happy to get the question on Brahms from guessing the only composer who I knew composed exactly 4 symphonies.
ThreeIfByAir
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by ThreeIfByAir »

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Dammit all to hell.
Ditto ditto ditto. And I even answered Brahms to that one. Didn't recognize the music from this one but it sounded a lot like Elgar, so I answered that. Sigh.

Oh well, hats off to Thorsten for twenty-five days of stretched brains! Those of you in D-Horizon, see you there in February!
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

My rundle (A Horizon) was quite a dog fight. Yesterday I was sitting in 9th. I ended up dropping to 13th after losing 8(5)-9(6)!
Lampy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Lampy »

#gonzagaing for me
tjconn728
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by tjconn728 »

ThreeIfByAir wrote:
MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Dammit all to hell.
Ditto ditto ditto. And I even answered Brahms to that one. Didn't recognize the music from this one but it sounded a lot like Elgar, so I answered that. Sigh.

Oh well, hats off to Thorsten for twenty-five days of stretched brains! Those of you in D-Horizon, see you there in February!
I'm there for now. Finished in third, one place out of automatic promotion, although I'm hoping to get promoted up to C. This was my first season in a non-rookie rundle, so I haven't yet experienced a promotion or relegation and consequently am not sure of the liklihood of being promoted anyway. With such a small promotion zone, it seems quite possible. In any case, I'd like to extend an early welcome to D-Hor!
jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jfrumkin »

I got more than zero points for a question about the only human being outside of my family/close friends that I revere/idolize/worship/consider the ground he walks upon as hallowed/etc. I'll take it. (It wasn't Brahms)
Twitter: @jfrumkin
Turd Ferguson
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Turd Ferguson »

This Is Kirk! wrote:My rundle (A Horizon) was quite a dog fight. Yesterday I was sitting in 9th. I ended up dropping to 13th after losing 8(5)-9(6)!
I did like the exchange on the message board about "A Hor"!
silverscreentest
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by silverscreentest »

I won my rookie rundle and I'm headed to Rundle B.
Silver Screen Test, my movie trivia game show. Watch some of the episodes On-Demand.
TheyCallMeMrKid
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

tjconn728 wrote:
ThreeIfByAir wrote:
MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Dammit all to hell.

I'm there for now. Finished in third, one place out of automatic promotion, although I'm hoping to get promoted up to C. This was my first season in a non-rookie rundle, so I haven't yet experienced a promotion or relegation and consequently am not sure of the liklihood of being promoted anyway. With such a small promotion zone, it seems quite possible. In any case, I'd like to extend an early welcome to D-Hor!
This is something I've wondered about, too. It seems that the promotion/relegation numbers are not necessarily hard and fast. They can shift based on expansion or possibly several people in the same rundle deciding not to return next season, yes?
Sheepin' it real.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:They can shift based on expansion or possibly several people in the same rundle deciding not to return next season, yes?
Yes
jfrumkin
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jfrumkin »

I just finally got a chance to peruse the standings. Congrats to Randy on moving up and huge congrats to alietr on going from C to A back-to-back.
Twitter: @jfrumkin
TheyCallMeMrKid

Post by TheyCallMeMrKid »

Well, an appropriate finish for me this season: lost 2(3)-4(2). My defense this season managed to turn what would've been 15-6-4 if each question were equally scored into a 10-9-6. I should be back in Horizon D2 again next season with an 8th place finish.

I'm another one who forgot the Brahms hint that was offered here a while back. :evil:

Do you think that "Brahms" and "Brahma" being correct answers on the same day was a conicidence?

Congrats to tjconn for reaching the podium in 3rd place in our rundle. At least one of us did!
Sheepin' it real.
fowlerism

Post by fowlerism »

Somehow I managed promotion to B Coastal, mostly through decent defense and an insanely -- almost unfairly -- low CAA value.

Now I'm looking forward to playing PahkJ, FratesL, HolznagelF, and NissleyT. On a related note, I'm doomed.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

Congrats to my referral! Looks like he'll be taking my spot in Pacific D.

Anyone else want a referral for LL64?
gnash
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by gnash »

TheyCallMeMrKid wrote:Do you think that "Brahms" and "Brahma" being correct answers on the same day was a conicidence?
The other day Russell was a correct answer (Rosalind) and a plausible incorrect answer (Bill).
sethmoko
Contributor

Post by sethmoko »

econgator or others - I'd love a referral to LL64. Please let me know (via PM or otherwise) what I need to do to join the fun!

sethmoko