Registration now open for adult online test

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Re: Registration now open for adult online test

Post by Paucle »

I did finally register- kept putting it off. When I saw Raleigh was again offered, I grabbed it. I've taken the test five times previously, and twice asked for Raleigh, got invited both times. The other three were more local (NYC and Boston) and never got invited. (Had 40+ each time.) I've got family in Durham and BFFs in Charlotte so I can make a week of it, as I did in 2010 (last audition).
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Registered last night for Memphis. About four hours for me, but worth the drive.
georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Post by georgespelvin »

mrparadise wrote:I've registered for Tuesday's test but may not be able to take it. I've emailed J! to ask if If I can use my confirmation number for Wednesday's test but I haven't heard back yet and I'm wondering if anyone here might know. Thanks.
I registered yesterday. I seem to remember seeing an instruction (or more likely an FAQ) stating that you can take the test any day even if it is not the day you registered, but can only take it once. I'd go back and check the FAQs.
I used to be AWSOP but wanted to be more theatrical.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

georgespelvin wrote:
mrparadise wrote:I've registered for Tuesday's test but may not be able to take it. I've emailed J! to ask if If I can use my confirmation number for Wednesday's test but I haven't heard back yet and I'm wondering if anyone here might know. Thanks.
I registered yesterday. I seem to remember seeing an instruction (or more likely an FAQ) stating that you can take the test any day even if it is not the day you registered, but can only take it once. I'd go back and check the FAQs.
Correct. Once registered, you can take the test any day, but you can log in only one time.
georgespelvin

Post by georgespelvin »

As "luck" would have it, I just found out that I will have to take the test on a different day from which I registered so I went back and looked at the language on the Jeopardy website. Here it is:

"The test dates and times are not flexible. The test will begin at 3 minutes after the hour according to the test site's clock, and you must be logged in before the test begins. We recommend logging in at least 20 minutes early.

While we encourage you to take the test in your own time zone, you may take the test on another night depending on the demands of your schedule. There is no need to re-register or to contact us if you wish to take the test on one of the other nights it is offered. Make sure that you account for the time difference.

Remember that you may only log in and take the test once. Subsequent attempts will result in disqualification."

[Color add is mine]

So, it is OK to take the test on another night than on the one you registered as long as you take the test only once.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

georgespelvin wrote:As "luck" would have it, I just found out that I will have to take the test on a different day from which I registered so I went back and looked at the language on the Jeopardy website. Here it is:

"The test dates and times are not flexible. The test will begin at 3 minutes after the hour according to the test site's clock, and you must be logged in before the test begins. We recommend logging in at least 20 minutes early.

While we encourage you to take the test in your own time zone, you may take the test on another night depending on the demands of your schedule. There is no need to re-register or to contact us if you wish to take the test on one of the other nights it is offered. Make sure that you account for the time difference.

Remember that you may only log in and take the test once. Subsequent attempts will result in disqualification."

[Color add is mine]

So, it is OK to take the test on another night than on the one you registered as long as you take the test only once.
Since I'm always busy on Wednesday nights, and they always offer the Central test on Wednesay night (and I usually do pretty good on the Central test "just for fun" playing from the board), I've wondered at times if my never playing it on my "suggested day" contribute tot he fact that I've never been asked to audition ...
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
georgespelvin

Post by georgespelvin »

Nah, it's because you are Canadian. :P

Actually, it's probably because you are my Facebook friend and Maggie's curse has tentacles. :(
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

georgespelvin wrote:Nah, it's because you are Canadian. :P

Actually, it's probably because you are my Facebook friend and Maggie's curse has tentacles. :(
Oh, oh! I'm your Facebook friend too, even though I haven't logged in there in about 4 years.

But I have met Maggie and she seemed pretty confident that I'd be called at some point -- after I pass the test, that is.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

dhkendall wrote:Since I'm always busy on Wednesday nights, and they always offer the Central test on Wednesay night (and I usually do pretty good on the Central test "just for fun" playing from the board), I've wondered at times if my never playing it on my "suggested day" contribute tot he fact that I've never been asked to audition ...
I've always taken the Central test rather than my "native" Pacific test because I feel like I think better at 6:00 than at 8:00 (although we'll see what happens an hour earlier this year), and I've gotten auditions out of it.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

What are the times for the test sessions?
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Bamaman wrote:What are the times for the test sessions?
Per jeopardy.com:

January 7 6pm Central
January 8 7pm Central
January 9 9pm Central

Adjust accordingly for your time zone, or just use the gadget on the jeopardy.com page I linked to that will tell you what your time is for several North American time zones.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
EndlessEntropy
Valued Contributor

Post by EndlessEntropy »

Taking it tomorrow. Woop one day more.
What’s Montague? It is nor hand, nor foot,
Nor arm, nor face, nor any other part
Belonging to a man. O, be some other name!
What’s in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet.

-Shakespeare
Dr. J
Decade Battler and Mustache Maker

Post by Dr. J »

Just wanted to wish everyone good luck who is taking the test this go-round (including my husband)! May you type quickly and accurately, and may the categories be ever in your favor.

I hope this is the year for all of you :D
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

I'm not taking it,* but good luck to all who are! :)

*still in the pool, and don't want to risk accidentally DQ'ing myself somehow.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

georgespelvin wrote: So, it is OK to take the test on another night than on the one you registered as long as you take the test only once.
Whew, thanks for looking this up. I was worried I was going to have to take the test at 7pm tonight while juggling a 1 year-old boy and a 6-year old girl (a fine trick - watch for my videos on youtube where I ride a unicycle at the same time). 10pm eastern is a much much better time for me.
wallzy41
Seeking Degree in Jeopardy!

Post by wallzy41 »

Just want to pass on well-wishes to those taking the test tonight! I will be taking the Central Test tomorrow at 8EST, so as to not skip J! tonight as my affiliate airs at 7EST.
CrunchyTaco
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by CrunchyTaco »

Good luck to all my fellow would-be contestants who are taking the test today. Remember to have your confirmation number handy when you log-in to the test.
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

Less than 8 minutes to go..

Signed in, watching the countdown... Wearing my IBM Watson shirt I bought from the Watson exhibit at the computer museum in Cupertino...

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!!
jaypfunk
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by jaypfunk »

Hi Maybe you can answer a long time argument between my wife and I...

Has anyone who clearly had the lead and "could not be caught" (as Alex would say) ever lost final Jeopardy by betting too much?

She says no and that no one would ever be that stupid. I say yes, there had to be at at least one person (if not more) that took the risk in 30 years of the show being on the air.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Those who frequent this board probably know much of what I've written, and it's a little late for Tuesday test takers, but I've put together a document devoted to tips on taking the Jeopardy online test: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q01 ... a-9R5er2v4