Timing of Audition Invite Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by opusthepenguin » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:47 am

rouquinne wrote:
patkav wrote:You sock lovers should be buying Fox Sox!

http://www.foxsox.com/
No.... they need to come to London and buy socks at the Purple Moose Sock Company!

:D

https://purplemoosesocks.ca/
Just to make sure people don't go to the wrong place, that's London on the Thames River, not London on the River Thames.

rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by rouquinne » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:43 pm

^^^You are quite correct, Mr. Penguin. I do mean London, Canada, NOT London, England.

:lol:

goroshnik
I came, I Saw... I Came in Third

Post by goroshnik » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:42 am

Rafferty Barnes wrote:Man, Andrew Anderson is the luckiest already. Try out on Sunday, find out you got picked on Wednesday, and get your travel expenses paid for by ABC7? I hope they do this all over the country!
According to a Facebook post, Andrew's show will appear next week already... wow, is this unusually fast?

https://www.facebook.com/JeopardyAndy?fref=ts

Going from audition to airdate in exactly one month - that's either some kind of record, or methinks it's linked to the Windy City Live folks wanting to rush the process along a bit.

Oh, and one month down, seventeen more left for yours truly in the pool. Hopefully, by the time I finally forget I'm in the pool to begin with, I can get a nice phone call sometime next year. ;)

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:59 am

goroshnik wrote:
Rafferty Barnes wrote:Man, Andrew Anderson is the luckiest already. Try out on Sunday, find out you got picked on Wednesday, and get your travel expenses paid for by ABC7? I hope they do this all over the country!
According to a Facebook post, Andrew's show will appear next week already... wow, is this unusually fast?

https://www.facebook.com/JeopardyAndy?fref=ts

Going from audition to airdate in exactly one month - that's either some kind of record, or methinks it's linked to the Windy City Live folks wanting to rush the process along a bit.

Oh, and one month down, seventeen more left for yours truly in the pool. Hopefully, by the time I finally forget I'm in the pool to begin with, I can get a nice phone call sometime next year. ;)
Indeed, it seems that Jeopardy! wants to make as much hay out of people posting on cycle media about appearances as they can, posting about going to LA right after auditioning leaves very little downtime to not post about Jeopardy! And, then, of course, his air date being right after again demonstrates that they want to social media the heck out of this. Can't say I blame em.

It seems like the prevailing board wisdom of staying clam about The Call until just before air runs counter to Jeopardy's new "give us free advertising by hashtagging, linking, and tagging Jeopardy! to get people talking about us" strategy.

Oh, and best of luck goroshnik, hope you aren't in the pool long. (I'll put it out there that I can't swim, so I can't be in the pool for 18 months, I'll drown! (Hint, hint, lifeguards Contestant Coordinators!)
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:52 pm

Bump to say that this post just surfaced on the Straight Dope Message Board saying that someone just got an invite for Boston for October 4. (I thought they already did Boston??)

Ans still no one's heard about Seattle yet? (Still looking out for my friend.)

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Dr. J
Decade Battler and Mustache Maker

Post by Dr. J » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:54 pm

I'm super excited to report that my hubs (my Baker's Dozen) got an audition for Boston in October! We thought that window had closed this year, but apparently they're doing more auditions in Boston. Anyone else get the email?

howardnyc

Post by howardnyc » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:10 pm

I just received an audition invite email, for Boston, on October 4th. Woot. Woot.

Guess I'll have to read the board more often now.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:17 pm

Dr. J wrote:I'm super excited to report that my hubs (my Baker's Dozen) got an audition for Boston in October! We thought that window had closed this year, but apparently they're doing more auditions in Boston. Anyone else get the email?
Gunning for Kristin and Justin's record, are you? ;)

TheSunWillComeOut
Two-Morrow

Post by TheSunWillComeOut » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:24 pm

dhkendall wrote:
Dr. J wrote:I'm super excited to report that my hubs (my Baker's Dozen) got an audition for Boston in October! We thought that window had closed this year, but apparently they're doing more auditions in Boston. Anyone else get the email?
You know, there's currently talk over at LearnedLeague about starting a couples' league. I would watch Jeopardy! Couples Week. Instant drama when the couple buzzes in and each spouse is positive about a different answer for the same clue.

Dr. J
Decade Battler and Mustache Maker

Post by Dr. J » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:40 am

Hubs and I are totally in favor of couples J! Our knowledge bases don't overlap a ton, so what I don't know, he knows, and vice versa. We're unstoppable as a Trivial Pursuit team, but nobody lets us play together.

Good luck to all the Boston auditioners...maybe I'll see you there! Gotta give my guy his lunch box and words of encouragement before he auditions :P

Tybalteon
Valued Contributor

Post by Tybalteon » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:50 pm

*sees that only Boston emails have been sent out and gives a sigh of relief*

That leaves about San Francisco left, if I remember correctly! Congrats to everyone who have received an invite for Boston auditions.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:07 pm

Regis had a couples week on WWTBAM.

Good luck to those headed to Boston.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:09 pm

Tybalteon wrote:*sees that only Boston emails have been sent out and gives a sigh of relief*

That leaves about San Francisco left, if I remember correctly! Congrats to everyone who have received an invite for Boston auditions.
Unless I (and my friend who selected it) missed it, they also haven't done Seattle yet.

Dlinn83
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Dlinn83 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:20 am

Haven't heard about a Seattle audition either. Hopefully this means there's still a chance for us

triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:14 am

I'm hoping for Philadelphia, I think it's been since 1997.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

kristinsausville
2015 TOC'er

Post by kristinsausville » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:26 am

TheSunWillComeOut wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
You know, there's currently talk over at LearnedLeague about starting a couples' league. I would watch Jeopardy! Couples Week. Instant drama when the couple buzzes in and each spouse is positive about a different answer for the same clue.
Best of luck to your husband, Dr. J!

I think a fun format for Couples Jeopardy! would be one person playing the Jeopardy! round, the other playing the Double Jeopardy! round, and then having to decide who would play Final based on the category reveal.
Follow me on Twitter: @ksausville

triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:17 pm

kristinsausville wrote:
TheSunWillComeOut wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
Best of luck to your husband, Dr. J!

I think a fun format for Couples Jeopardy! would be one person playing the Jeopardy! round, the other playing the Double Jeopardy! round, and then having to decide who would play Final based on the category reveal.
or two buzzers per podium, with an indicator as to who rang in...although that may or may not get confusing for Alex
Total game show career losings = $171,522

Winchell Factor
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Winchell Factor » Sun Sep 13, 2015 5:22 pm

Or Jeopardy! could go all Blockbusters and have individual players taking on family pairs.

nightreign
#TeamAlsoRans

Post by nightreign » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:01 pm

There was originally going to be a Family Jeopardy!, with parents and kids, but they found the format didn't work well (because most of the time, when the kids passed the test, the parents failed, and vice versa). They replaced it with Kids Week.

khiddy
Contributor

Post by khiddy » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:11 pm

Dlinn83 wrote:Haven't heard about a Seattle audition either. Hopefully this means there's still a chance for us
I'm in the same boat, and hoping with you that they come to the Emerald City soon!