Timing of Audition Invite Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

raccoonleaf
Contributor

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by raccoonleaf »

Follow Up!
raccoonleaf wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:10 pm Online Audition Test: May 30, 2017
Audition Email Received: August 14, 2017
Audition: September 11, 2017 (Houston, TX)
Audition Cancelled: August 28, 2017 (Phone Call from Maggie)
Audition Rescheduled: October 26, 2017 (Email)
Actual Audition: December 1, 2017 (Houston, TX)
The Call: January 9, 2018
Tape Date(s): February 6/7, 2018
Airing: End of May
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Pointer wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:28 pm
Is the audition at the end of May also in NYC?
[/quote]

Yes. My revised audition time will be on May 31 at 2:00 in NYC. Got the email invite today.
[/quote]

wow, they're going to one city twice in about five weeks. makes me wonder if they're pulling names by tv market and possibly skipping either Philly or Boston
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

klakins wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:29 am
Pointer, what a coincidence - I’m also going from Newfoundland to NYC! I’m in the April 25 audition group, though.
How did it go? Hope you get the call.
Where in the city did the audition take place?
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Pointer wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:57 pm
morbeedo wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:41 pm
Thanks for the good vibes! Ask me again about it on April 16th!
How did it go?
Well, I ran a pretty good race- finished in 3:32 - but wow- you really couldn’t have asked for worse conditions. Coldest Boston Marathon in 30 years and the rain never stopped- not once, before, during or after the race. I was traveling for work all week and only had the clothes that I packed, so basically it was a nightmare. And yet- the crowds were amazing and the race definitely lived up to the hype.
Quantum
Valued Contributor

Post by Quantum »

Impressive time, morbeedo! I don't run, but I have friends who have run multiple marathons. I don't think Boston was in the cards for them this year, though.

To stick with the topic: Have there been invitations to other cities than New York yet?
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

Quantum wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:07 am Impressive time, morbeedo! I don't run, but I have friends who have run multiple marathons. I don't think Boston was in the cards for them this year, though.

To stick with the topic: Have there been invitations to other cities than New York yet?
There are people on reddit/r/jeopardy mentioning auditions in Atlanta May 13/14/15.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:42 pm
How did it go?
Well, I ran a pretty good race- finished in 3:32 - but wow- you really couldn’t have asked for worse conditions. Coldest Boston Marathon in 30 years and the rain never stopped- not once, before, during or after the race. I was traveling for work all week and only had the clothes that I packed, so basically it was a nightmare. And yet- the crowds were amazing and the race definitely lived up to the hype.
Well done, sir! I'm glad you didn't succumb to hypothermia. A couple of years ago, I did the 5 Boro bike ride in similar conditions. It was miserable, and I can only imagine what it must have been like on foot.
John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by John Boy »

FireAntsDefense wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:30 pm Brain Bus: Asheville 2004. I remember because next morning I woke up with the granddaddy of all hangovers and the first thing I saw when I cut on the TV was someone throwing a cup at Ron Artest

Test: once sometime between 2006-2009 and once in 2012

Email: early October 2012

Audition: Baltimore, December 2012

Taped the last week of March 2013
Hey! I was also at the Brain Bus audition in Asheville. You didn't say hi or anything!

You didn't say how you did, so, how did you do?

My recollection is that they administered the 10-item screening quiz to about 1,700 people in a shopping mall one evening, and invited something like 75 of us who passed (wow...pass rate of about 4.5%!) to a different location to take the 50-item quiz. There I was lucky enough to be one of the 15 or 20 who passed and made it into the contestant pool. Uh, no Call.

Glad you were able to make it to The Show.

Since 2004 I've passed the online quiz more times than I want to think about. I got one invitation to an audition in Indianapolis end of April or beginning of May 2006. Again no Call.

I plan to keep on trying until I either get The Call or my feeble brain can't hack the quiz any longer.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

John Boy wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:51 am You didn't say how you did, so, how did you do?
It's not like he won a ToC or anything ...
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

morbeedo wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:42 pm
How did it go?
I always figured running (at least distance events) in cold should be great for runners. Running in rain (regardless of temperature, but certainly in colder temps), uh, not so much. Running Boston in 3:32? Way beyond my best. Many congratulations.
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

econgator wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:15 am
John Boy wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:51 am You didn't say how you did, so, how did you do?
I don't know this guy from his nom de board. Who we talking about?
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

John Boy wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 12:41 pm
econgator wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:15 am
I don't know this guy from his nom de board. Who we talking about?
http://j-archive.com/search.php?search= ... mit=Search

You can search on j-archive for the jboard-name of most contestants. I don't know how diligently our archivists keep up with this, but most are there.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Thanks for all the congrats on the Boston Marathon. It was definitely one for the history books! Now I just need to pull together a clown costume for the NYC Marathon on November 4th...

Back to audition news. My co-worker just put me in touch with a guy from our company who has an audition in NYC next week. It's his first audition, so he wants the inside scoop. I'm still waiting for The Call myself, but I'll coach him, prep him and preen him because I'm a nice guy. I'll just have to let him know that if he ends up making the show before I do, well, let's just say I know where he works :lol:
Creed Bratton
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Creed Bratton »

Received an email yesterday for Tampa on May 17
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

Creed Bratton wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:52 pm Received an email yesterday for Tampa on May 17
Hope you ace it!!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Here is what we have for a schedule so far, I'm sure they are in each location for more than one day, but this gives us an idea of their path. If there are more we know of, please add:

4/25 - NYC
5/17 - Tampa
5/31 - NYC
6/9 - New Orleans (Teen)
Total game show career losings = $171,522
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

triviawayne wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:22 am Here is what we have for a schedule so far, I'm sure they are in each location for more than one day, but this gives us an idea of their path. If there are more we know of, please add:

4/25 - NYC
5/17 - Tampa
5/31 - NYC
6/9 - New Orleans (Teen)
As mentioned above -
5/13-15 Atlanta
MartinMoore
Contributor

Post by MartinMoore »

Is there any confirmation for Atlanta? May 13 sounds very unlikely; it's Mother's Day.
Stanislaus Jacob

Post by Stanislaus Jacob »

MartinMoore wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:54 pm Is there any confirmation for Atlanta? May 13 sounds very unlikely; it's Mother's Day.
Maybe just a typo? Even an ordinary Sunday would seem unlikely.
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

Stanislaus Jacob wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 10:29 pm
MartinMoore wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 7:54 pm Is there any confirmation for Atlanta? May 13 sounds very unlikely; it's Mother's Day.
Maybe just a typo? Even an ordinary Sunday would seem unlikely.
I was just quoting from this thread: . Seems as reliable as any other post on reddit.

Edit: whoa. the board automatically embeds the reddit thread!