Timing of Audition Invite Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

klakins

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by klakins »

klakins wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:38 am I took the online test for the first time on March 7th. I got an email about 10:30 last night inviting me to the New York City audition on April 25th. Looking forward to the experience!
Today I got THE CALL!
Last edited by klakins on Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

klakins wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:28 pm
klakins wrote: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:38 am I took the online test for the first time on March 7th. I got an email about 10:30 last night inviting me to the New York City audition on April 25th. Looking forward to the experience!
Today I got THE CALL!
Congrats on the good news. I would guess that would be 3rd or 4th week of the season. Season 35. Wow.
Kingrat47
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Kingrat47 »

Today I got THE CALL!
Congratulations! Do Atlantic Canada proud!
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

Today I got THE CALL!
WOO HOO!

Have fun and knock 'em dead!
The Talking Mime

Post by The Talking Mime »

Kingrat47 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:27 am
Today I got THE CALL!
Seconded!
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."
-Bertrand Russell
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

klakins wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:28 pm Today I got THE CALL!
In case this is pertinent:

There are 0 players in J! Archive billed as being from Newfoundland. Assuming you're living there when you tape, you'll be the first to actually be introduced as from Newfoundland.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

Today I got THE CALL!
Yay!

I hope mid-July travel is simpler from the Rock!
Woppy T

Post by Woppy T »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:19 pm

There are 0 players in J! Archive billed as being from Newfoundland. Assuming you're living there when you tape, you'll be the first to actually be introduced as from Newfoundland.
And, of course, will be announced as from "Newfoundland, Canada," as opposed to all of those other Newfoundlands.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Woppy T wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:42 pm

And, of course, will be announced as from "Newfoundland, Canada," as opposed to all of those other Newfoundlands.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundl ... nnsylvania
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland,_New_Jersey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland,_Kentucky
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

The Talking Mime wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:41 pm
Kingrat47 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:27 am
Today I got THE CALL!
Seconded!
Thirded! From Newfoundland.
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

seaborgium wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:55 pm
Woppy T wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:42 pm

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundl ... nnsylvania
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland,_New_Jersey
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newfoundland,_Kentucky
"Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada", would be the correct name, but Alex probably wouldn't be so exact.
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

A huge Congrats to klakins on getting The Call.
I was on my way to the airport to do an audition in NYC on May 31 when my flight was cancelled at the 11th hour due to weather. I notified the J! folks but never heard back since. :cry:
Oh well, back to the next on-line test, I suppose.
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

There have been other players in the past from Newfoundland, Canada. I wonder why they would not be in the archive?
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

triviawayne wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:59 pm
John Boy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:58 am
Tabby wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:31 pm
John Boy wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:52 pm
Tabby wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 6:34 pm Has anyone received a confirmation for the Cleveland audition? I replied to the email and have not heard anything back yet.
I'm in the if anything can go wrong mindset, it probably has.
Thanks.
I received the original notice that said we had two days to respond. Of course I almost knocked myself out in my rush to do so. Got the confirmation within the next 24 hours.

If you have not, by all means contact them so they don't give your seat away.

Hope to see you there.
Persistence paid off. I'm in the 10 am group on the 28th. When is your audition?
The 28th. 10 AM. :D All Boardies should wear team colors so we can identify and greet each other. (PS I'll be the old guy who will be incorrectly assumed to be trying out for the Seniors Tournament.)

Colors or not, I hope we're able to meet.
if anyone assumes that, they haven't watched jeopardy in years...
Assumes what?
Pointer
Contributor

Post by Pointer »

Pointer wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:24 am
triviawayne wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:59 pm
John Boy wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:58 am
Tabby wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:31 pm
John Boy wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:52 pm

I received the original notice that said we had two days to respond. Of course I almost knocked myself out in my rush to do so. Got the confirmation within the next 24 hours.

If you have not, by all means contact them so they don't give your seat away.

Hope to see you there.
Persistence paid off. I'm in the 10 am group on the 28th. When is your audition?
The 28th. 10 AM. :D All Boardies should wear team colors so we can identify and greet each other. (PS I'll be the old guy who will be incorrectly assumed to be trying out for the Seniors Tournament.)

Colors or not, I hope we're able to meet.
if anyone assumes that, they haven't watched jeopardy in years...
Assumes what?
Ok. Sorry
fordboy183

Post by fordboy183 »

I had seen in the past something brief about Philly tryouts, any further word on this? Do you think they combined the Philly group with NYC? If so I'm hosed again. :oops: :oops:
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

fordboy183 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:27 pm I had seen in the past something brief about Philly tryouts, any further word on this? Do you think they combined the Philly group with NYC? If so I'm hosed again. :oops: :oops:
with the posted travelogue upthread, my guess would be it was combined with either NYC or DC; but in the past we have seen them come to the east coast multiple times in a season, so there may still be hope.

This was the first time I can remember them listing DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC and Boston for the same test; and since we know they went to NYC twice, and DC once, I'm wondering if they listed all those cities with no intention of actually going to all of them, but combining auditions at each city. This way, they could split up the auditioners in the megalopolis of the northeast into their geographic areas without going to each one.

That said, can anyone on the board that had an audition in NYC or DC in this go-round confirm they chose an audition city OTHER than NYC or DC?
Total game show career losings = $171,522
wiseowl
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by wiseowl »

triviawayne wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:16 pm
fordboy183 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:27 pm I had seen in the past something brief about Philly tryouts, any further word on this? Do you think they combined the Philly group with NYC? If so I'm hosed again. :oops: :oops:
with the posted travelogue upthread, my guess would be it was combined with either NYC or DC; but in the past we have seen them come to the east coast multiple times in a season, so there may still be hope.

This was the first time I can remember them listing DC, Baltimore, Philly, NYC and Boston for the same test; and since we know they went to NYC twice, and DC once, I'm wondering if they listed all those cities with no intention of actually going to all of them, but combining auditions at each city. This way, they could split up the auditioners in the megalopolis of the northeast into their geographic areas without going to each one.

That said, can anyone on the board that had an audition in NYC or DC in this go-round confirm they chose an audition city OTHER than NYC or DC?
DC was not an option when I signed up, so I chose Philly. I was surprised to be assigned to DC when I got the email.

Today was the audition. Alex was there!
MarkyMarkm
Valued Contributor

Post by MarkyMarkm »

Today was the audition. Alex was there!
Legit though, he should keep the beard. It looks great.
Ridiculogic

Post by Ridiculogic »

I auditioned in Atlanta and got the call this week. I am still shocked!

I have just joined jboard so I was hoping somebody could point me to a thread that discusses highest-yield prep strategies.

I tried searching but it seems like I was just pulling one-off comments from random threads.

Thanks in advance!
Adam
Last edited by Ridiculogic on Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.