Timing of Audition Invite Emails

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 7546
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by econgator » Wed May 02, 2018 12:04 am

boson wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:19 pm
Stanislaus Jacob wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:29 pm
MartinMoore wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:54 pm
Is there any confirmation for Atlanta? May 13 sounds very unlikely; it's Mother's Day.
Maybe just a typo? Even an ordinary Sunday would seem unlikely.
I was just quoting from this thread: . Seems as reliable as any other post on reddit.

Edit: whoa. the board automatically embeds the reddit thread!
Granted that was by someone with the name "quitepossiblylying" ...

Pointer
Contributor
Posts: 30
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:11 am
Location: Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by Pointer » Sat May 05, 2018 10:57 am

boson wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:20 am
triviawayne wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:22 am
Here is what we have for a schedule so far, I'm sure they are in each location for more than one day, but this gives us an idea of their path. If there are more we know of, please add:

4/25 - NYC
5/17 - Tampa
5/31 - NYC
6/9 - New Orleans (Teen)
As mentioned above -
5/13-15 Atlanta
I have an invite for 5/30 NYC

User avatar
triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by triviawayne » Sun May 06, 2018 9:39 pm

Pointer wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 10:57 am
boson wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 8:20 am
triviawayne wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:22 am
Here is what we have for a schedule so far, I'm sure they are in each location for more than one day, but this gives us an idea of their path. If there are more we know of, please add:

4/25 - NYC
5/17 - Tampa
5/31 - NYC
6/9 - New Orleans (Teen)
As mentioned above -
5/13-15 Atlanta
I have an invite for 5/30 NYC
Adding 6/23 DC (teen)
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 1414
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by morbeedo » Mon May 07, 2018 12:58 pm

triviawayne wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 9:39 pm
Adding 6/23 DC (teen)
When does taping resume? July or August or nobody knows for sure? ;)
coming at you like an ex-president

Stanislaus Jacob
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by Stanislaus Jacob » Mon May 07, 2018 2:09 pm

econgator wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:04 am
boson wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:19 pm
Stanislaus Jacob wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:29 pm
MartinMoore wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:54 pm
Is there any confirmation for Atlanta? May 13 sounds very unlikely; it's Mother's Day.
Maybe just a typo? Even an ordinary Sunday would seem unlikely.
I was just quoting from this thread: . Seems as reliable as any other post on reddit.

Edit: whoa. the board automatically embeds the reddit thread!
Granted that was by someone with the name "quitepossiblylying" ...
Psst - it says May 15. It was a typo after all.

User avatar
boson
Trivial
Posts: 1385
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by boson » Mon May 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Stanislaus Jacob wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:09 pm
econgator wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:04 am
boson wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:19 pm
Stanislaus Jacob wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:29 pm
MartinMoore wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:54 pm
Is there any confirmation for Atlanta? May 13 sounds very unlikely; it's Mother's Day.
Maybe just a typo? Even an ordinary Sunday would seem unlikely.
I was just quoting from this thread: . Seems as reliable as any other post on reddit.

Edit: whoa. the board automatically embeds the reddit thread!
Granted that was by someone with the name "quitepossiblylying" ...
Psst - it says May 15. It was a typo after all.
Sigh. I don't know why this extremely non-objectionable post has the most doubters of any post I've made on jboard. A reply in the thread linked above says that someone else has an audition on May 13th in Atlanta. Check it out

I'm sorry if you wanted an audition in Atlanta and didn't get it, but that doesn't mean these posts are lying.

User avatar
triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by triviawayne » Mon May 07, 2018 4:00 pm

The travelogue so far:

late april - NYC
mid may - Atlanta
mid may - Tampa
late may - NYC
early june - New Orleans (teen)
Mid June- Kansas City (teen)
late june - Washington, DC (teen)


...and I'm still waiting for Cleveland
Last edited by triviawayne on Mon May 07, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
nklotz
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by nklotz » Mon May 07, 2018 4:57 pm

triviawayne wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 4:00 pm

...and I'm still waiting for Cleveland
Glad I'm not the only one :?

Stanislaus Jacob
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 326
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by Stanislaus Jacob » Mon May 07, 2018 8:08 pm

boson wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:40 pm
Stanislaus Jacob wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 2:09 pm
econgator wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 12:04 am
boson wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 11:19 pm
Stanislaus Jacob wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:29 pm


Maybe just a typo? Even an ordinary Sunday would seem unlikely.
I was just quoting from this thread: . Seems as reliable as any other post on reddit.

Edit: whoa. the board automatically embeds the reddit thread!
Granted that was by someone with the name "quitepossiblylying" ...
Psst - it says May 15. It was a typo after all.
Sigh. I don't know why this extremely non-objectionable post has the most doubters of any post I've made on jboard. A reply in the thread linked above says that someone else has an audition on May 13th in Atlanta. Check it out

I'm sorry if you wanted an audition in Atlanta and didn't get it, but that doesn't mean these posts are lying.
I think the only question was May 15 vs. May 13. The answer is, as usual, that it can be two things.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 8099
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by MarkBarrett » Mon May 07, 2018 10:07 pm

I've seen a KC report on Reddit:
SpoilerShow

User avatar
darkgreenblue
Contributor
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: Princeton, NJ

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by darkgreenblue » Tue May 08, 2018 10:33 am

I got two auditions in recent years, after online scores in the 35-40 range... This year was my best test ever, with all those older literature questions and very little "pop" stuff -- I think I got 47 -- but no audition.

If I chose Philly but they're not going there, could that be a factor? Or might they still possibly offer, say, NYC?

User avatar
DysonSphere
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:43 am

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by DysonSphere » Tue May 08, 2018 10:55 am

I'm waiting on Cleveland as well. Have they ever just skipped an audition city before?

User avatar
nklotz
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 111
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by nklotz » Tue May 08, 2018 11:43 am

DysonSphere wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:55 am
I'm waiting on Cleveland as well. Have they ever just skipped an audition city before?
Yeah I'm almost positive they skipped the NC audition city last round (can't remember if it was Charlotte or Raleigh...)

akrites
Valued Contributor
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by akrites » Tue May 08, 2018 3:53 pm

I keep checking this thread for any word on St. Louis... I hope they didn't pick KC instead....

User avatar
triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by triviawayne » Tue May 08, 2018 4:11 pm

nklotz wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:43 am
DysonSphere wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:55 am
I'm waiting on Cleveland as well. Have they ever just skipped an audition city before?
Yeah I'm almost positive they skipped the NC audition city last round (can't remember if it was Charlotte or Raleigh...)
They skipped Raleigh from two rounds ago (was it two rounds or three...I think two), they did go to Charlotte last round.

I can confirm that a time when WOF went to NYC, they did pull people from the Philly market. This doesn't mean J! will as well, but does open the possibility to J! skipping a city while pulling names from a nearby city.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
cinemaniax7
Humble Pi
Posts: 978
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:04 pm
Location: Old Hickory, TN

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by cinemaniax7 » Tue May 08, 2018 4:16 pm

triviawayne wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:11 pm
They skipped Raleigh from two rounds ago (was it two rounds or three...I think two)...
I remember. I had selected Raleigh as my city that year. Sure hope they don't skip Memphis this time around!

User avatar
darkgreenblue
Contributor
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: Princeton, NJ

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by darkgreenblue » Tue May 08, 2018 4:58 pm

Was choosing a preferred audition city mandatory when registering? I don't recall.

Quantum
Valued Contributor
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:52 am

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by Quantum » Tue May 08, 2018 6:03 pm

Count me among the Cleveland hopefuls as well! If I am invited, it would be really interesting to see the other Cleveland auditioners from jboard.

User avatar
triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by triviawayne » Tue May 08, 2018 8:58 pm

darkgreenblue wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:58 pm
Was choosing a preferred audition city mandatory when registering? I don't recall.
There was something weird about the audition city selection this go-round, but it was there
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 7546
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Timing of Audition Invite Emails

Post by econgator » Tue May 08, 2018 11:11 pm

triviawayne wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 8:58 pm
darkgreenblue wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 4:58 pm
Was choosing a preferred audition city mandatory when registering? I don't recall.
There was something weird about the audition city selection this go-round, but it was there
It wasn't originally. I had to go back in and make a choice.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: badgerfellow, econgator, Elijah Baley, quarterrican, rjaguar3 and 36 guests