Summer Hiatus Challenge Smack Talk

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: While you're at it...

Post by alietr »

cheezguyty wrote:Would it be possible to add an option for alignment as well?
What specifically are you looking for? There is a way to do centered, justified, and right, but it looks like it's going to run out of room for the BBCodes, so I'm not sure of the utility of adding any of those. I was actually thinking that of the ones I saw, Font would be the most useful.
Peggles
Grand Exalted Queen of the Universe

Re: Tortoise calling Hare . . . Come in, Hare . . .

Post by Peggles »

Rex Kramer wrote:
Peggles wrote:
Rex Kramer wrote:No matter how much I sink, I will never be as low as your score. Your score is so low, it could trip a slug. It's so low, it thinks that "getting high" means smoking pot in a basement. Your score is so low, even Dick Cheney considers it torture. Your score is so low, it needs to climb a stepladder just to tie its own shoes. It's so low, it makes James Earl Jones sound like Mike Tyson. On helium.

Rex
Oh, Rexy, Rexy, Rexy! You use the word "low" in such a negative way. Have you not longed for a low BMI? Or a low mortgage interest rate? Do you seek a used car with high mileage? I think not. How does one win a limbo contest? Surely it is by going low. Is the pink sugar substitute named Sweet 'N High? Nay, sir, nay!. And finally, when you are ready to be "carried home," where - I ask you - where does that sweet chariot swing?

I rest my case.
Hmmmm . . . food for thought, Peggles. Tell you what -- give me a few days to determ-- er, consider, my position, and let you know whether or not I agree with your high estimation of "low".

Rex
In all honesty, Rex, congrats on getting into the ToC! :D
cheezguyty
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: While you're at it...

Post by cheezguyty »

alietr wrote:
cheezguyty wrote:Would it be possible to add an option for alignment as well?
What specifically are you looking for?
I was hoping for a way to right align text, but since I'm probably the only poster who would ever make use of that, I'm perfectly fine with saving the space for something that more people would find useful.
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

Peggles wrote:In all honesty, Rex, congrats on getting into the ToC! :D
Thank you, Peggles. The same to you.

If this were a movie, this would be the point at which the two arch-rivals realize that they've got to work together, despite their abiding antagonism, to defeat their common enemies.

"It's a long shot -- and we'll probably both die trying -- but if we combine our scores then maybe, just maybe, we can hope to beat Schliemann, TomK, OSC, and the rest of the Fiendish Five!"

"Dammit! I don't like it, but for once you're right. All right, we work together. But this doesn't square things between us! Once the International Society for the Advancement of Arcane Challenges posts its final clue -- and if we survive -- you'd better hope you don't run into me at pub quiz some dark night."

Good luck!
Rex
Peggles
Grand Exalted Queen of the Universe

Post by Peggles »

Rex Kramer wrote:

If this were a movie, this would be the point at which the two arch-rivals realize that they've got to work together, despite their abiding antagonism, to defeat their common enemies.

"It's a long shot -- and we'll probably both die trying -- but if we combine our scores then maybe, just maybe, we can hope to beat Schliemann, TomK, OSC, and the rest of the Fiendish Five!"

"Dammit! I don't like it, but for once you're right. All right, we work together. But this doesn't square things between us! Once the International Society for the Advancement of Arcane Challenges posts its final clue -- and if we survive -- you'd better hope you don't run into me at pub quiz some dark night."

Good luck!

Rex
:lol:
TomKBaltimoreBoy
Lucky to be Here

Post by TomKBaltimoreBoy »

Rex Kramer wrote:

Good luck!
Rex
And you've got a plan that's SOOOOOOO crazy -- it just might work! Right? :)

Although I've never thought of myself as fiendish -- God knows of what Schliemann is capable, though -- I remember enough of Machiavelli to take some small delight in being feared. I also remember enough of Field not to go chasing after pronouncements of love -- although cash is accepted!
Life IS pain, Princess. Anyone telling you differently is selling something.
tagNV
Member of Our Studio Audience

Back to the smack, Jack!

Post by tagNV »

aggiebud wrote:I'll call out any Longhorns on the board...hell, any of you from a Big XII school can consider yourself called out...watch out for the Aggie.
lisa0012 wrote:
aggiebud wrote:I'll call out any Longhorns on the board...hell, any of you from a Big XII school can consider yourself called out...watch out for the Aggie.
1. Whoop!
2. I'm not even sure we have anyone from t.u., do we?

Gig 'em,
Lisa, Fightin' Texas Aggie Classes of 2000 and 2012

Howdy, folks, moron here. Moron didn't want to raise any fuss about this at the time, because moron's alma mater is somewhere else entirely...but moron would be remiss if he didn't point out that he spent 5 years at UT Austin working on a Ph.D., and another 3 years working for UT Austin. Moron was very tempted to call out these two charming Aggie folk (particularly Ms. Lisa with her charming little dig at our fine university), but moron thought better of himself than that.

Still, moron can't help but point out that he did better on the SHC than our Aggie bud. Moron's craven little heart is cackling with vindictive glee. Nevertheless, moron wishes aggiebud the best of retroactive luck in the ToC. Moron suspects he could have used it.

Moron out.