Introduce Yourself Here

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by econgator »

trainman wrote:Hey, Trevorton, quit playing with the clock!
?
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

econgator wrote:?
A reference to his avatar.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

trainman wrote:
econgator wrote:?
A reference to his avatar.
I had to do some research to figure it out:

BrainSlug
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by BrainSlug »

Hi. I've been lurking for a while. I don't have much to say yet. I auditioned in Minneapolis after I took a 10 question qualifying test at the Mall of America (2006? 2008?) and again in Kansas City in May of this year. As far as I can tell I did very well on the written tests both times. That's all I have to say right now.
Linear Gnome
One Miner Gal

Post by Linear Gnome »

BrainSlug wrote:Hi. I've been lurking for a while. I don't have much to say yet. I auditioned in Minneapolis after I took a 10 question qualifying test at the Mall of America (2006? 2008?) and again in Kansas City in May of this year. As far as I can tell I did very well on the written tests both times. That's all I have to say right now.
Welcome to the board! Is your nickname a Futurama reference?
BrainSlug
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by BrainSlug »

Linear Gnome wrote:Welcome to the board! Is your nickname a Futurama reference?
Yes it is. I figured someone here would catch the somewhat obsure reference. :) My other choice for a nickname was Roy Hinkley.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

BrainSlug wrote:My other choice for a nickname was Roy Hinkley.
Now, there's a reference I get.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by rouquinne »

Hello - I'm Angela from London, Canada. I passed the test this year on my 4th try and will be going to the Toronto audition in July.

I am trying very hard to keep my nerves calm, but every time I open the fridge door, my letter is posted there and then I get butterflies again.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

rouquinne wrote:Hello - I'm Angela from London, Canada. I passed the test this year on my 4th try and will be going to the Toronto audition in July.

I am trying very hard to keep my nerves calm, but every time I open the fridge door, my letter is posted there and then I get butterflies again.
You posted the letter inside the fridge, so you only see it when you open the door? You Canadians have some interesting traditions.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

jeff6286 wrote:
rouquinne wrote:Hello - I'm Angela from London, Canada. I passed the test this year on my 4th try and will be going to the Toronto audition in July.

You posted the letter inside the fridge, so you only see it when you open the door? You Canadians have some interesting traditions.
Of course! If the fridge door is closed, the light's not on. You USians aren't too bright sometimes. :mrgreen:

Oh, and Welcome, Angela!

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
rouquinne
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by rouquinne »

jeff6286 wrote:
rouquinne wrote:You posted the letter inside the fridge, so you only see it when you open the door? You Canadians have some interesting traditions.
Well, of *course* I posted it on the "inside" of the fridge! You know us Canadians are only happy when it's cold outside!

;)

(Outside, right next to the door handle; just to remind me when I have to be in Toronto. The first letter, telling me I passed I took to work, put through the laminating machine :oops: and now I have to find a suitable frame for it!)

:lol:

Thanks for the welcome!
whammy007
Not Ready for Syndication Player

Post by whammy007 »

Hello, everyone! My name is Scott Bond (first name real, last name fake, if I ever make it, you'll see the real one). I come from southeast Missouri by way of Tampa, Florida; how exactly those particular locations are linked is a long and arduous story.

I've tried the online exams a couple of times (college and adult), not had much luck. But it's been a couple of years since I last had the opportunity to take the test, so maybe I'll do better if I get a chance to try again (work permitting). Of course, given the wholly random Swiss-cheese nature of my knowledge base, it could go either way. ;)

I recognize some familiar faces from other game show forums, and look forward to meeting the rest of you during my time here!
wallzy41
Seeking Degree in Jeopardy!

Post by wallzy41 »

This user and current J! host share a birthday for about 3 hours,if you account the for the time difference between Eastern and Pacific Time Zones... Who are Wallzy41(July 23) and Alex Trebek(July 22)?

My name is Ed, and I am a college student attending an NCAA D2 school outside of Pittsburgh, PA. Hopeful for the CC in either '14 or '15. Will be taking both adult and college tests in the winter.
Longtime enthusiast, but never knew about Coryat scores until recently. Got a $20,200, 26/29/56 in my first game on the Coryat scoring method(11/4/13).

I know there are a few Pittsburgh area champions/contestants who may be from a surrounding area... did you use the name of the town or the more blanketing Pittsburgh for your introduction?
kickerofelves
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by kickerofelves »

wallzy41 wrote:My name is Ed, and I am a college student attending an NCAA D2 school outside of Pittsburgh, PA.
Hmm. Robert Morris?
wallzy41 wrote:I know there are a few Pittsburgh area champions/contestants who may be from a surrounding area... did you use the name of the town or the more blanketing Pittsburgh for your introduction?
The CC's will instruct you on it, but generally the form is something like "Hi, [TV Market]! I'm [this guy] from [actual town]! [Cheesy pun]!"

Welcome!

-Adam
[Erie, PA / Pitt alum]
wallzy41
Seeking Degree in Jeopardy!

Post by wallzy41 »

Close, we actually just played them in a baseball series. I attend IUP.
NYCScribbler
Harbinger of the Outchange

Post by NYCScribbler »

kickerofelves wrote:
wallzy41 wrote:My name is Ed, and I am a college student attending an NCAA D2 school outside of Pittsburgh, PA.
Hmm. Robert Morris?
wallzy41 wrote:I know there are a few Pittsburgh area champions/contestants who may be from a surrounding area... did you use the name of the town or the more blanketing Pittsburgh for your introduction?
The CC's will instruct you on it, but generally the form is something like "Hi, [TV Market]! I'm [this guy] from [actual town]! [Cheesy pun]!"

Welcome!

-Adam
[Erie, PA / Pitt alum]
Robert Morris is D-I, affiliated with the NEC. (eep thank you for reminding me to get my fantasy draft board up!)
"Who said anything about a horse?!"

"Also, how the bleep did I forget Russia even exists?!"- TPH
Johnblue

Post by Johnblue »

Indiana, PA home of Jimmy Stewart Airport!
kickerofelves
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by kickerofelves »

NYCScribbler wrote:
kickerofelves wrote:Hmm. Robert Morris?
Robert Morris is D-I, affiliated with the NEC. (eep thank you for reminding me to get my fantasy draft board up!)
I guess they are! I tend to think of them as "that little school out by the airport"... ;)

Also, today I learned: fantasy college sports is a Thing.

-a.
kickerofelves
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by kickerofelves »

wallzy41 wrote:Close, we actually just played them in a baseball series. I attend IUP.
Ahh, ok. I've got some friends who went to IUP.

-a.
esrever

Post by esrever »

Hi, I'm John. I've been lurking here for a few months but this is my first post. I have no desire to be on J!, but I love watching it and reading this board. This is a fun board! I enjoy participating in the polls. My wheelhouse J! categories are Computers, Geography, Photography, Gardening, Weather, and U.S. History.