Introduce Yourself Here

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

LucarioSnooperVixey
Sharp As A Tack

Re: Introduce Yourself Here

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi, my name is Douglas Squasoni. I live in New Jersey very close to the New York border. I am in my third year of college. In addition to being an avid watcher of Jeopardy! and WWTBAM, I am also an avid QuizUp player and an avid watcher of University Challenge and Only Connect. I have also participated in over 1000 quizzes in Alpaca Farm. I really love Art and World History, but I am majoring in Mathematics since they have the most variety of jobs. Also, I do not enjoy writing essays. I have an odd interest in clocks, candles, and bridges. I also really love fluffy animals.

I am on the Autistic spectrum. I am not a very social person in real life. I tend to be socially awkward when I do talk to people. However, I have always been a good student. I have never missed a single college lecture in any of my classes as of now. :D

I am never planning to be on Jeopardy!, although I've been having an ambition of soaking in more knowledge everyday.
Last edited by LucarioSnooperVixey on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Known in the real world as Douglas Squasoni.

Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:05 pm

Welcome, Douglas! Thanks for being here!

Saturnalia
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by Saturnalia » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:39 pm

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:42 pm
Hi, my name is Douglas Squasoni. I live in New Jersey very close to the New York border. I am in my third year of college. In addition to being an avid watcher of Jeopardy! and WWTBAM, I am also an avid QuizUp player and an avid watcher of University Challenge. I have also participated in over 1000 quizzes in Alpaca Farm. I really love Art and World History, but I am majoring in Mathematics since they have the most variety of jobs. Also, I do not enjoy writing essays. I have an odd interest in clocks, candles, and bridges. I also really love fluffy animals.

I am on the Autistic spectrum. I am not a very social person in real life. I tend to be socially awkward when I do talk to people. However, I have always been a good student. I have never missed a single college lecture in any of my classes as of now. :D

I am never planning to be on Jeopardy!, although I've been having an ambition of soaking in more knowledge everyday.
Hey Douglas, thanks for introducing yourself. Can I ask why you're not planning to be on Jeopardy? Mostly just curious. But if social awkwardness/ anxiety is part of it, I can say that at least for me (speaking as another Aspie) that stuff all got a lot smoother for me as I approached age 30; some of the change had to do with my own unusual circumstances but I think some was biological, too. For whatever that's worth.

LucarioSnooperVixey
Sharp As A Tack

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:03 pm

Saturnalia wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:39 pm
Hey Douglas, thanks for introducing yourself. Can I ask why you're not planning to be on Jeopardy? Mostly just curious. But if social awkwardness/ anxiety is part of it, I can say that at least for me (speaking as another Aspie) that stuff all got a lot smoother for me as I approached age 30; some of the change had to do with my own unusual circumstances but I think some was biological, too. For whatever that's worth.
My reasons:

1. I live on the other side of the country and I do not like going on planes.

2. I have a routine schedule that I do not want to change.

3. There is too much pressure at stake when you are on the show. It is extremely different from playing at home.

4. You don't always get to answer the questions you know.

5. I will always have the about-to-be wildcard during the SHC. 8-)
Last edited by LucarioSnooperVixey on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:04 pm

Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:03 pm
3. There is too much pressure at steak when you are on the show.
I like steak.

LucarioSnooperVixey
Sharp As A Tack

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:09 pm

econgator wrote:
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:04 pm
Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:03 pm
3. There is too much pressure at steak when you are on the show.
I like steak.
Oops wrong word. That won't make the cut. Or should I say entrecote. 8-) :lol: