An outchange for the worse in the 2014/2015 ToC? (SPOILER for 4/25 show)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MTGcollegestudent
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

An outchange for the worse in the 2014/2015 ToC? (SPOILER for 4/25 show)

Post by MTGcollegestudent »

Well, as it seems to be as of 2014, the ToC is currently ratio-on to 10 men, and 5 women with no 4-time winners. Idk if this has happened in any Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions. Has it? :?:

In the Decades, 3 women and 12 men are advancing. I'm thinking how each of the plans are going in the decades battle, but not as of what might be a really worse outcome for the ToC, especially with two problems the other past champions might face. Julia and Sandra have eliminated Mike Lewis and Mark Japinga out and made it an all "No 4-time Champions" relay.

If Arthur's run changed the outcome of the balance in the games, I'm questioning whether the men will have chance to go ahead and make a comeback after 4 weeks of long grueling pain for the women dominating the games. It's almost as similar to Hell's Kitchen Season 12, when the men had lost 5 straight dinner services. (I know this is off-topic, I know.)

I ask of you, is the upcoming ToC gonna change a rift for the worse with the players that are in? :|
Spoiler
Jeopardy! is like History. It's a mixed bag of categories that try to test your knowledge to see if you know or can recall answers that seem familiar to the viewer.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Re: An outchange for the worse in the 2014/2015 ToC?

Post by seaborgium »

I have no idea what you're saying.
MTGcollegestudent

seaborgium wrote:I have no idea what you're saying.
Well, basically, is the rift trend of the women gonna continue and have the men declining faster in the games as of Season 30? Because at this point, the women will be winning the war. I mean, 4 weeks straight, the women won their games. The men are on the verge of a downhill race.
Jeopardy! is like History. It's a mixed bag of categories that try to test your knowledge to see if you know or can recall answers that seem familiar to the viewer.
harrumph
Voyeur

Post by harrumph »

If they simply eliminated the rule that requires the men to wear tin foil hats, the problem would go away.
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

I'm sure this is well-intentioned but it's offensive, sexist, and has no place here.

(Oh no, a full ONE FREAKING THIRD of current TOC contestants are women, the women are taking over! God knows they are taking over the US Senate too, they're up to 20% now!)
Last edited by lieph82 on Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davey

Post by davey »

MTGcollegestudent wrote:
Well, basically, is the rift trend of the women gonna continue and have the men declining faster in the games as of Season 30? Because at this point, the women will be winning the war. I mean, 4 weeks straight, the women won their games. The men are on the verge of a downhill race.
That doesn't help. What is "rift trend"? From googling, it seems to be a geological term.
And what is "outchange"? That doesn't even come up in Google.
MTGcollegestudent

lieph82 wrote:I'm sure this is well-intentioned but it's offensive, sexist, and has no place here.

(Oh no, a full ONE FREAKING THIRD of current TOC contestants are women, the women are taking over!)
I'm not trying to throw someone under the bus, I'm just trying to make a proven statement.
lieph82

Post by lieph82 »

MTGcollegestudent wrote:
lieph82 wrote:I'm sure this is well-intentioned but it's offensive, sexist, and has no place here.

(Oh no, a full ONE FREAKING THIRD of current TOC contestants are women, the women are taking over!)
I'm not trying to throw someone under the bus, I'm just trying to make a proven statement.
Women winning the war? Men a downhill race? Come on, them fighting words.
MTGcollegestudent

davey wrote:
MTGcollegestudent wrote:
That doesn't help. What is "rift trend"? From googling, it seems to be a geological term.
And what is "outchange"? That doesn't even come up in Google.
What it pertains to is the balance of the women dominating towards the men. And it's more than halfway into the season that it's happened. Likewise, the outchange pertains much around after Arthur's dethroning and the domination of increase of the women winning their games.
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

MTGcollegestudent wrote:

You called it "a rift for the worse". How is that "a proven statement"? Just pretend you're a woman, or someone who would talk to you is a woman, and ask yourself if that is an offensive implication.

Rex
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

One instance does not a trend make. This is a pointless discussion.
Rex Kramer
Jeopardy! TOCer

Post by Rex Kramer »

lisa0012 wrote:One instance does not a trend make. This is a pointless discussion.
By the way, lisa0012, every time you post now, I want to ask, "Do you want to build a snowman?" :)

Rex
UniquePerspective

Post by UniquePerspective »

MTGcollegestudent wrote:

...war? Downhill race?

It's just Jeopardy. This isn't warfare or a major battle of the sexes. I mean, the only thing that would irk me is if say Jeopardy had a period of all male or all female contestants in general. But in this instance, it just seems to be that the women have been stronger than the men in this 2-3 week period. And the way I see, the TOC has always been who are the 15 most winningest contestants of the time frame that can show up, minus tournament champions. I don't care if that's evenly split, or 14 men or 14 women, as long as that standard is still there. I guess...I'm not sure I understand why this question needed to be asked.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Re: Introduce Yourself Here
by MTGcollegestudent » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:47 am

Well, everyone...I'm new to this. I'm Matt Onaga, 20, Waipahu, HI. I'm a 3rd year college student at Leeward Community College. I'm majoring at the moment business/accounting. Well, leaning towards accounting. I have had rough experiences with no part-time jobs due to school hours. I'm hoping at least to make some friends here. I never had the chance to even consider appearing on the show. Maybe if sometime in the future, I might...not sure.

Aside from that, I do drawing and bowling as part of my hobbies.

I have only gotten to so far up to season 30 in terms of Jeopardy! shows. I never had watched the past shows, but am interested to know different things, even with the college experience that I have accumulated. So yeah...I'm willing to come here at times to respond and look at the reviews.

Rebecca Rider
Rani Peffer
Sarah McNitt
Terry O'Shea
Sandie Baker
Julia Collins

That is 6 to make it 9-6 men. Accounting? Well, why not? Off by one won't matter.
MTGcollegestudent

MarkBarrett wrote:Re: Introduce Yourself Here
by MTGcollegestudent » Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:47 am

Well, everyone...I'm new to this. I'm Matt Onaga, 20, Waipahu, HI. I'm a 3rd year college student at Leeward Community College. I'm majoring at the moment business/accounting. Well, leaning towards accounting. I have had rough experiences with no part-time jobs due to school hours. I'm hoping at least to make some friends here. I never had the chance to even consider appearing on the show. Maybe if sometime in the future, I might...not sure.

Aside from that, I do drawing and bowling as part of my hobbies.

I have only gotten to so far up to season 30 in terms of Jeopardy! shows. I never had watched the past shows, but am interested to know different things, even with the college experience that I have accumulated. So yeah...I'm willing to come here at times to respond and look at the reviews.

Rebecca Rider
Rani Peffer
Sarah McNitt
Terry O'Shea
Sandie Baker
Julia Collins

That is 6 to make it 9-6 men. Accounting? Well, why not? Off by one won't matter.
Well, great...how did I miss that one? I guess I look at the ToC ratings too fast. Guess hindsight is not 20/20, for me.
MDaunt
Weighed in the balance and found wanting

Post by MDaunt »

MarkBarrett wrote: Accounting? Well, why not? Off by one won't matter.
I dream of being off by one.
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

MTGcollegestudent wrote:
All I've noticed is that so far 100% of the ToC qualifiers have been people. Once that number changes, I suppose I'll sit up and take notice, but so far I care far less what a particular contestant has between their legs and care far more as to what they have between their ears.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
ElendilPickle
ToC Enabler

Post by ElendilPickle »

dhkendall wrote:
MTGcollegestudent wrote:
All I've noticed is that so far 100% of the ToC qualifiers have been people. Once that number changes, I suppose I'll sit up and take notice, but so far I care far less what a particular contestant has between their legs and care far more as to what they have between their ears.
Hear, hear!
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

ElendilPickle wrote:
dhkendall wrote:
MTGcollegestudent wrote:
Hear, hear!
*nod*

And I still have no clue what rift trend and outchange are ...
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

I don't feel so bad now.
dhkendall wrote:All I've noticed is that so far 100% of the ToC qualifiers have been people. Once that number changes, I suppose I'll sit up and take notice, but so far I care far less what a particular contestant has between their legs and care far more as to what they have between their ears.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.