TD Archive: A New Beginning

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

UniquePerspective
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

TD Archive: A New Beginning

Post by UniquePerspective »

So, assuming we're going to be stuck here awhile, we might as well get one of the long standing traditions back up and running. The Think Different games.

I'll at least start the archive going but I might need help later on.

If anybody wants to sign up to host a Think Different, PM me.
UniquePerspective

Re: TD Archive: A New Beginning

And we have our first sign up! barandall800 can host the first new Think Different of the boards when he is ready.
barandall800
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by barandall800 »

I plan to get it up on Sunday evening sometime (mostly in keeping with the usual schedule we had on the old board...right? My memory fails me, haha...). Be prepared, everyone. :D
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

barandall800 wrote:I plan to get it up on Sunday evening sometime (mostly in keeping with the usual schedule we had on the old board...right? My memory fails me, haha...). Be prepared, everyone. :D
Yay!!
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca
UniquePerspective

Quick bump up and running so that people can get a queue going for Think Differents.
Uncle Jeff
Resident phpBB Programmer

Re: TD Archive: An Old Beginning

Post by Uncle Jeff »

Google still has (had) the Sony TD archive thread cached, so I just downloaded and zipped both pages before Google decides to delete them. The links are all broken, but many of the questions and even some of the images came through.

Uploads are limited to 256k, so I zipped in three files. Archive1 has the page 1 html plus its resource files in a subdirectory. Archive2 has page 2, and archive2_files has its subdirectory.
Attachments
TD_Archive2_files.zip
Page 2's resource files in subdir
(95.1 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
TD_Archive2.zip
Google's cached page 2
(171.09 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
TD_Archive1.zip
Google's cached page 1 as downloaded by Firefox (includes resource files in subdir)
(248.44 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
In a free society, the most local level of government is the individual citizen
UniquePerspective

I will be taking the initiative here to run the next Think Different. You may still PM me to sign up to run future ones.
jepkid97
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by jepkid97 »

Uncle Jeff wrote:Google still has (had) the Sony TD archive thread cached, so I just downloaded and zipped both pages before Google decides to delete them. The links are all broken, but many of the questions and even some of the images came through.

Uploads are limited to 256k, so I zipped in three files. Archive1 has the page 1 html plus its resource files in a subdirectory. Archive2 has page 2, and archive2_files has its subdirectory.
You wouldn't happen to have access to any other cached pages, would you?
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

jepkid97 wrote:
Uncle Jeff wrote:Google still has (had) the Sony TD archive thread cached, so I just downloaded and zipped both pages before Google decides to delete them. The links are all broken, but many of the questions and even some of the images came through.

You wouldn't happen to have access to any other cached pages, would you?
If you have specific pages/posts/topics in mind, Google keywords that would clearly identify those pages, then follow the "Cached" links on the results. A good chunk of the original threads are still in the Google cache.

... and Uncle Jeff, good thinking to check the Google cache!
mitchparov
Worst Buzzer Player Ever

Post by mitchparov »

@UniquePerspective: I don't have access to PMs yet (I need to make a few posts, apparently?), so I have to volunteer this way, but whatever... I'd be happy to continue the state-themed TD run with a Connecticut TD in mid-August... I'd go sooner, but I don't think I can have questions ready in time.
UniquePerspective

First of all, it's all good Mitch, we'll talk later when you have PM to figure out an exact time.

Next of all, we have an opening now that I'm done. PM me or post it letting me know you're going to do it. Assuming you're the first to PM me or do so, you may post it immediately.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

UniquePerspective wrote:First of all, it's all good Mitch, we'll talk later when you have PM to figure out an exact time.

Next of all, we have an opening now that I'm done. PM me or post it letting me know you're going to do it. Assuming you're the first to PM me or do so, you may post it immediately.
I am working on a 1990s-themed TD. I will possibly be able to post it by around midnight tonight, but I've never done this before so it may not be ready until tomorrow. I am attempting to double and triple check all of my questions for ambiguity, so hopefully there won't be any controversy.
UniquePerspective

Jeff has finished his Think Different, and now we have an opening available for the next person to host a new one. I still think mitchparov is going to hold off on his for a bit longer, so dive right in if you please.