"Jeopardy!" champ has audiobook out on his experiences

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

BADuBois
Jeopardy! Champion... It's a Mystery!

"Jeopardy!" champ has audiobook out on his experiences

Post by BADuBois »

Hello all ---

And I beg the indulgence of all upon posting this, but I have no control over publishing schedules. (If my last name was King or Grisham, well, that's a whole different story..."

Anyway, my non-fiction work about my experience, "My Short, Happy Life in 'Jeopardy!'" is now available on audiobook. So you can listen to it while working out, driving around, or anything else that makes sense. Thrill to hear my winning strategy! Laugh at my jokes at Alex Trebek's expense! Sob when I get my ass handed to me at my second showing! And there's a sweet cameo by Dr. J when I met her during my second taping, whereupon I make a *very* dumb assumption about her playing skills.

Here's the link:

http://www.audible.com/pd/Bios-Memoirs/ ... 336&sr=1-1

Thanks everyone!
Award-winning author of "My Short, Happy Life in 'Jeopardy!'"
http://tinyurl.com/btax4xp

Dr. J
Decade Battler and Mustache Maker

Re: "Jeopardy!" champ has audiobook out on his experiences

Post by Dr. J »

BADuBois wrote:Hello all ---

And I beg the indulgence of all upon posting this, but I have no control over publishing schedules. (If my last name was King or Grisham, well, that's a whole different story..."

Anyway, my non-fiction work about my experience, "My Short, Happy Life in 'Jeopardy!'" is now available on audiobook. So you can listen to it while working out, driving around, or anything else that makes sense. Thrill to hear my winning strategy! Laugh at my jokes at Alex Trebek's expense! Sob when I get my ass handed to me at my second showing! And there's a sweet cameo by Dr. J when I met her during my second taping, whereupon I make a *very* dumb assumption about her playing skills.

Here's the link:

Thanks everyone!
Brendan, did you read it yourself, or did they get your doppelganger, Attenborough, to do it? What a treat! I'm still waiting for you to autograph my e-book version :)

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

Dr. J wrote:
BADuBois wrote:Hello all ---

Here's the link:

Thanks everyone!
Brendan, did you read it yourself, or did they get your doppelganger, Attenborough, to do it? What a treat! I'm still waiting for you to autograph my e-book version :)
I'm kind of disappointed that he didn't read it himself (I always am when it isn't the author's voice on the audiobook version), it means so much more when it does.

But then, since Brendan's last name is neither King nor Grisham, I suppose he also didn't have much choice in who would read his audiobook either.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012

BADuBois

Post by BADuBois »

Dr. J wrote: Brendan, did you read it yourself, or did they get your doppelganger, Attenborough, to do it? What a treat! I'm still waiting for you to autograph my e-book version :)

I actually went through the Amazon ACX program, whereupon you can audition narrators (those who do this for a living) and you get studio-quality sound. The gentleman who did it, named Rich McVicar, does this for a living..

If you can figure out a way for me to autograph your e-book, Dr. J, I'm sure we can work something out! :D
dhkendall wrote: I'm kind of disappointed that he didn't read it himself (I always am when it isn't the author's voice on the audiobook version), it means so much more when it does.

But then, since Brendan's last name is neither King nor Grisham, I suppose he also didn't have much choice in who would read his audiobook either.
Actually, I don't particularly like my voice, so I knew I would have someone else narrate it. If you go to the link for the book, you can hear an audio sample, and I think the narrator, Rich McVicar, did a great, great job.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

BADuBois wrote:
Dr. J wrote: Brendan, did you read it yourself, or did they get your doppelganger, Attenborough, to do it? What a treat! I'm still waiting for you to autograph my e-book version :)

I actually went through the Amazon ACX program, whereupon you can audition narrators (those who do this for a living) and you get studio-quality sound. The gentleman who did it, named Rich McVicar, does this for a living..

If you can figure out a way for me to autograph your e-book, Dr. J, I'm sure we can work something out! :D
dhkendall wrote: I'm kind of disappointed that he didn't read it himself (I always am when it isn't the author's voice on the audiobook version), it means so much more when it does.

Actually, I don't particularly like my voice, so I knew I would have someone else narrate it. If you go to the link for the book, you can hear an audio sample, and I think the narrator, Rich McVicar, did a great, great job.
I did click the link and, while he does have a decent enough voice, it's not yours, and since the book is a first-person account, it sounds off to me.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012

BADuBois

Post by BADuBois »

dhkendall wrote:
I did click the link and, while he does have a decent enough voice, it's not yours, and since the book is a first-person account, it sounds off to me.[/quote]

Well, your mileage may vary, as someone once said. :) I'm still pleased and still glad I chose not to do the narration myself.. didn't have the time nor experience nor studio set-up to do a decent job.