Optimal Use of the JBoard Questions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Optimal Use of the JBoard Questions

Post by alietr »

I finally found a better way to handle videos. I have added a tag that handles Youtube and its many variants much better than had been the case. It uses the 'video' tag. It is also supposed to handle:
youtube.com (youtu.be) — playlists are also supported
vimeo.com
dailymotion.com
ustream.tv
webm, ogv and mp4 files via HTML5 <video>

As an example (quote this post to see how it works), check out this very touching segment of "You Bet Your Life" that I just came across:

http://youtu.be/Gwm-Vn350O4?t=17m14s

Let me know if you run into any problems.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote:I finally found a better way to handle videos. I have added a tag that handles Youtube and its many variants much better than had been the case. It uses the 'video' tag. It is also supposed to handle:
youtube.com (youtu.be) — playlists are also supported
vimeo.com
dailymotion.com
ustream.tv
webm, ogv and mp4 files via HTML5 <video>
Well that is just slicker than snot on a doorknob. The new tag doesn't disable the fullscreen option and it doesn't fuss over https. Very nice!
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

So, the video embedding feature doesn't seem to work anymore? (See, for example, the post two above this one)
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
Austin Powers
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Austin Powers »

I find posting once every six months to be pretty efficient
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

hbomb1947 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 11:10 pm So, the video embedding feature doesn't seem to work anymore? (See, for example, the post two above this one)
I'm thinking something may need to be selected on the admin end to allow it that may have got inadvertently got turned off at our last upgrade.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

Paucle wrote: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:42 pm 2. Here's how I do TDs: copy the entire TD, then open a PM to the host and paste it in there. As you type an answer for each question, erase the question. When you're done, enter a subject (not before you're done, so as not to send by accident) and send.

3. I always forget how to do that, so I just go to a post where it's been done and click QUOTE. The ensuing window quotes the entire message, coding and all, so you can see how to do that neat stuff.
I use a different method that works OK for me. I click-and-drag on the top menu bar of the window, and drag the window all the way to the left. It automatically goes to half-size on the left side of the screen. Then, if a google form is used for submission, I right click on the link, open in a new window, and drag that window all the way to the right. If entry is via PM, I just right-click the Private Message link next to my usernam, open a new window, and drag that one to the right. Takes less time to do than to describe.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

dhkendall wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 2:02 am
hbomb1947 wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 11:10 pm So, the video embedding feature doesn't seem to work anymore? (See, for example, the post two above this one)
I'm thinking something may need to be selected on the admin end to allow it that may have got inadvertently got turned off at our last upgrade.
I had implemented a number of extensions under the previous version of PHPBB that made things nicer. Some of these are not yet available for the current version. The Video tag was one of them.