Tuesday, July 8, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Bamaman » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:42 pm

Tuesday I had to haul a 45 pound bag on my shoulder down a narrow hall on my cruise ship, then carry it halfway across the ship after being pointed in the wrong direction by an idiot ship employee. Then I had to carry it off the ship, through the customs office and then to the shuttle van. Then yesterday I had to lug it through airports. I had a five hour flight bookended by delays taking off and landing. I had to sit in the back of the plane on both flights, so I had to wait for everyone to get their crap out of the overhead bins before I could even stand up.

All that was less painful than watching her FJ bet.

Close to an instaget on FJ, but was worried because I thought Darwin never used the word at all.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Tuesday, July 8, 2014 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Bamaman » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:06 pm

opusthepenguin wrote:
floridagator wrote:What would upset you more?

A) Maire doing what she did today in FJ

B) Campbell betting $1 to prevent a tie by Maire and getting it wrong
C) Campbell betting $1 to prevent a tie by Maire and winning by that $1 against Maire's all-in bet.

If I can't have that, I'll take A. Scenario B would just make me laugh. I'd point at the screen and yell, "If only you'd been willing to share! HA ha!!! Time for somebody to repeat Kindergarten!" That is TONS better than my Scenario C where the douchebag doesn't get his comeuppance and the person who did the smart thing suffers. Scenario A was bad, but there was no douchebaggery or injustice or thwarted savvy. There was just one perfectly likeable contestant who made the obvious smart bet and one perfectly likeable contestant who didn't. It was painful but it didn't make me hate the universe.

Oh, and Thwarted Savvy is the name of my new band. When they go on tour, they'll be opened for by Douchebag Comeuppance.
If someone bets $1 from the lead in a lock tie game, I have no problem with that. I agree it is very risky and it does look douchy, but it doesn't bother me that much.

Look at it this way. Campbell kicked her butt in this game. Why should she have a chance to win when she lost that badly in regular play? It is a mere accident she wound up with exactly half of his score. If she had $11,200, she has a much lower chance of winning the game.

Now, I would laugh at someone who lost as a lock tie leader (as happened earlier this season), but at least they'd be going for the outright win. You'd also wouldn't have to face someone who had real game experience.

No, not going all in from second place in this spot is the worst possible bet you could make. Especially when the math is as simple as it was in this game.