New Coryat Scorekeeper

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

southsidehitman
Has Been in Cliff Clavin's Kitchen

New Coryat Scorekeeper

Post by southsidehitman »

Hello everyone,

After a few months of thinking about undertaking this project, I've gone ahead and created a true Coryat scorekeeper for iPad. I'm hosting the code on GitHub, and it can be found here: https://github.com/michaelfrain/SwiftCoryat

A few caveats to this:

- This has been written in the Swift language, which for you tech nerds out there, is Apple's new development language for iOS and Mac. I did this on purpose, so I could learn more about the language (I'm an iOS developer by day, and it's important for me to stay on top of this stuff). The temporary drawback to this is that you must be a developer as well, using iOS 8 and Xcode 6 beta software. If you're a developer and would like to contribute to the project, please feel free to do so. If you're just a Jeopardy! fan who is also a techie, and want to get in on beta tests, reply or PM me and I'll be happy to get you set up on TestFlight (which is also in beta, but I think it all works properly for the moment).

If you're still only on iOS 7, then this will be available to you in a few weeks (depending on when Apple decides to roll out their new operating systems and software into wide release). In the meantime, however, I'd definitely like to know what features you'd like to see in it, so I can implement them in the app. My ultimate goal is to have this available in the app store (for free) by day 1 of iOS 8. I'll periodically bump this topic so everyone can help contribute if they'd like to do so.

Thanks in advance for your help!
"Well, I'm not quite ready, so I'm gonna do it now."